OT: Coronavirus XXIX: Is This Even the Right Damn Roman Numeral? New Measures to Curb Stomp COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
When it comes to horror I have vivid imagination. Its like Rob Zombie is my bro or something. These thoughts naturally occur to me. Probably a mistake for me to watch all those Godzilla or Dracula movies before I was 5...

I swear my parents had no limits when it came to viewing. Worked for me...

My sisters forced me to watch Jaws when I was 5. They were 15 and 16, and hid behind me making me tell them what was happening.

To this day, I always go in the water and it's still one of my favorite movies. :DD

Reactions: bellagiobob

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
My sisters forced me to watch Jaws when I was 5. They were 15 and 16, and hid behind me making me tell them what was happening.

To this day, I always go in the water and it's still one of my favorite movies. :DD
Watched Evil dead well before I was ready. Freddy series pretty haunting as well

Reactions: McFuhryous

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
My dad use to show me horror movies when I was around 5 years old.
Return of the living dead spooked me so much. Once I was 8, he played the resident evil games and it scared me but I got tired of watching my dad and uncle suck at the game, so I started playing and I was da best.

Reactions: McFuhryous

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Watched Evil dead well before I was ready. Freddy series pretty haunting as well

LcHJXN.gif

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
My dad use to show me horror movies when I was around 5 years old.
Return of the living dead spooked me so much. Once I was 8, he played the resident evil games and it scared me but I got tired of watching my dad and uncle suck at the game, so I started playing and I was da best.

Silent Hill on PS and PS2 always gave me the heeby-jeebies. Too bad they butchered the film versions of the game.

Anyways...going a little too far off topic here.

Covid can go f*** a cactus.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Good plan in theory. Massively illegal in reality.

The government makes the law, and its not illegal as long as they're paid severance. They have no union and can be dismissed without cause.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
If anyone wants to be annoyed. There is a company in Toronto called Providence Therapeutics Inc. that was looking for investment back in March to be able to ramp up a lab to be able to produce 10M mRNA vaccine doses per year. They were working on a similar vaccine to Pfizer and Moderna. Wonder if they could have worked with the government to find a way to use their facilities to produce one of those vaccines.

In any case, they didn't hear back from the government between March and August and had to give up their lab space due to a lack of funding. They're limping along now and still hope to start a phase 1 trial for their own mRNA vaccine next year. Maybe there's still a chance they will be done trials before we get any of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines ;)

Reactions: nabob

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Don’t fire them. Lay them off.

Yes not fired, but laid off or No Fault Dismissal to be exact. And you don't come right out and tell everyone, you let someone leak documents to the press stating they're considering dismissing everyone.

Reactions: oilers'72

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Yes not fired, but laid off or No Fault Dismissal to be exact. And you don't come right out and tell everyone, you let someone leak documents to the press stating they're considering dismissing everyone.

Or tweet something from a bot account. The world is your Oyster!!

;)

Reactions: Raab

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If anyone wants to be annoyed. There is a company in Toronto called Providence Therapeutics Inc. that was looking for investment back in March to be able to ramp up a lab to be able to produce 10M mRNA vaccine doses per year. They were working on a similar vaccine to Pfizer and Moderna. Wonder if they could have worked with the government to find a way to use their facilities to produce one of those vaccines.

In any case, they didn't hear back from the government between March and August and had to give up their lab space due to a lack of funding. They're limping along now and still hope to start a phase 1 trial for their own mRNA vaccine next year. Maybe there's still a chance they will be done trials before we get any of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines ;)

For all of the shit that the POTUS got in spite of Operation Warp Speed, it sure seems that things could've been handled better by Ottawa as well.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Sometimes I wonder if the loons will come back down on earth after this whole thing calms down.

My wife's uncle for example has apparently lost it. He lives in a big city in Italy, one of the worst places right now, and thinks all of this is just a hoax, there is no virus and everything is made to lock us up and chip us with the vaccine. Being a grumpy old man at a Christmas dinner is fine I guess, we can handle it, but now he is up and about going to the hospitals in the area faking injury in the emergency rooms so that he can get in and "reveal the hoax"... So far he has not made it past the guards (i.e. he is probably not the best actor).

I mean it is kind of fun when you see these kind of people from a far, on TV. But man this has hit too close to home for me to be comfortable. A person fully reasonable (at least on the surface) before all of this, who always brought the best wines and whiskey to our dinners and was great having a conversation with, and now he has just completely lost it.

Last edited:

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
What really grinds my gears is how the mantra is to protect senior citizens, but they don't want to seem to help themselves.

Case in point, I popped into a McDs this morning to grab a coffee for work and there's the "coffee row" senior citizens, about 6 of them all at a table, clearly violating the order of not being allowed to sit in an establishment unless its with members of your own family. Don't bother with the "Well they could be all living under one roof and maybe they're brothers." replies because all that's doing is defending them. Stuff like that annoys me.

/rant

As another example I have two friends who are in the high risk category. They are for strict lockdowns. They prefer Ford and his approach and cheered when the barbeque guy was arrested.

They are having their nephew over for dinner on Sunday and have a regular visitor from another household who will pop in daily. When I chuckled and mentioned how they are not following the orders by the letter they just said how the other house is in a bubble too and the dinner was planned ahead of time. So, yeah. I'm one of the biggest proponents for not locking people down, yet of all the people I know, I am only one of a few who will actually do my best to follow the orders. How bemusing.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
The government makes the law, and its not illegal as long as they're paid severance. They have no union and can be dismissed without cause.

lol. You may be technically correct. I should not have used the word illegal, but suspect I am as educated on the nuances of the law. This is a difference between natural law and positive law. Anyone advocating for firing people simply for attending this meeting lacks humanity.

Determining a fair severance in this situation would absolutely be up to the courts. Firing someone because they were at a meeting that someone else leaked information is abhorrent and unjust even if legal. Whoever leaked this information clearly has an agenda and would find their personal costs of legal representation in this case to be minimal.

At a time when relations between the provincial government and the public service are strained a mass firing would be inordinately expense and absolutely not in the best interest of the public.

The problem with a strict adherence to public law as an argument is ignoring the fact that people deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. So to fire all the attendees of the meetings because one of them leaked information is morally abhorrent, truly unjust, bad for our province financially and would needlessly create more anger among the population in a time when everyone is already pretty angry.

You realize the problem was with a leak in the first place?

If you are an attorney, I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Trying to catch up here. So, in summary, CBC is reporting that there was a leak, and it happened at McDonalds, possibly due to a faulty Depends worn by a member of a group of racist geezers who used to play for the Oilers who are terrorizing coffee shops?
Now we know what the OBC is up to these days.

Reactions: Dorian2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad