Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
72323147.jpg
Watched this episode on Saturday

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
That would be up to the electorate. And what the unions don’t understand is it not the ucp turning off the taps.

I'm not going to get into the weeds but the decision to transfer spending from the public sector to the private was made before the pandemic; it's in fact the central project of this government.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Reading the article, it sounds like some internal services are being privatized rather than being cut.

Yes, and thank you. In many instances its just a continuing of privitization of services. For instance in laundry services, which was already 2/3 private, is now fully outsourced across the province. As mentioned this also saves the govt 38M in refits to an aging facilities and of course the higher wages and gross inefficiencies in no privatized services.

From the reactions here, and elsewhere, people would have us go back to there being 7 Union ALCB stores in all of Edmonton and all those being high pay, high markup, and long lines. Stores that you had to drive 5 miles to get to.

Privatization has been going on for several decades.

Reactions: nabob and yukoner88

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

This is going to backfire on them, and expedite the transition to private services. If I'm Shandro I'm on the phone right now to private services to get them in place, not to the unions to get people back to work. Bunch of idiots thinking now is a good time for this. Will only lower support from the general public in regards to public sector unions.

On a side note I got some symptoms of Covid-19 over the weekend and have been isolating as a result. Went today for the test. Test was a quick throat swab, took approximately 15 seconds. There was no one in the lineup so the whole process took me less then 5 minutes. Definitely go get tested if you have any symptoms so we can get better data to work with.

Reactions: oilers'72

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
This is going to backfire on them, and expedite the transition to private services. If I'm Shandro I'm on the phone right now to private services to get them in place, not to the unions to get people back to work. Bunch of idiots thinking now is a good time for this. Will only lower support from the general public in regards to public sector unions.

On a side note I got some symptoms of Covid-19 over the weekend and have been isolating as a result. Went today for the test. Test was a quick throat swab, took approximately 15 seconds. There was no one in the lineup so the whole process took me less then 5 minutes. Definitely go get tested if you have any symptoms so we can get better data to work with.
Maybe Shandro should go to each of their homes and yell at them. That'll teach 'em!

Get well soon!

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Yes, and thank you. In many instances its just a continuing of privitization of services. For instance in laundry services, which was already 2/3 private, is now fully outsourced across the province. As mentioned this also saves the govt 38M in refits to an aging facilities and of course the higher wages and gross inefficiencies in no privatized services.

From the reactions here, and elsewhere, people would have us go back to there being 7 Union ALCB stores in all of Edmonton and all those being high pay, high markup, and long lines. Stores that you had to drive 5 miles to get to.

Health care /= liquor

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Health care /= liquor

Some of the services privatized are not exactly patient care.

In any case I don't know that the efficacy and reduced costs reasons for privatizing is altered just because this is Health Care.

A very bloated and inefficient health care service.

This is a recent Union deal.
Covenant Health – Misericordia and Villa Caritas

Ask yourself if food porters need to be making 18-21bucks an hour with a full benefit package, all kinds of wage bump ups for working different shifts, and pension and as many as 30 holiday days per year. I mean this is an absolutely unskilled position that requires no prerequisite beyond having a few references. This also typical of a closed shop kind of position. lots of people want a job like this so hundreds apply for each posting. In terms of supply and demand what that reflects is that this is an overpaid position with inordinate benefits which quite simply is not all required to attract *qualified* applicants.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I'm not going to get into the weeds but the decision to transfer spending from the public sector to the private was made before the pandemic; it's in fact the central project of this government.

Providing the best services with efficiency and getting the best bang for tax payers bucks should be the focus of every government. A bloated and inefficient public service benefits no one but their unions.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Some of the services privatized are not exactly patient care.

In any case I don't know that the efficacy and reduced costs reasons for privatizing is altered just because this is Health Care.

A very bloated and inefficient health care service.

This is a recent Union deal.
Covenant Health – Misericordia and Villa Caritas

Ask yourself if food porters need to be making 18-21bucks an hour with a full benefit package, all kinds of wage bump ups for working different shifts, and pension and as many as 30 holiday days per year. I mean this is an absolutely unskilled position that requires no prerequisite beyond having a few references. This also typical of a closed shop kind of position. lots of people want a job like this so hundreds apply for each posting. In terms of supply and demand what that reflects is that this is an overpaid position with inordinate benefits which quite simply is not all required to attract *qualified* applicants.
holy smokes, good gig if you can get it

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Providing the best services with efficiency and getting the best bang for tax payers bucks should be the focus of every government. A bloated and inefficient public service benefits no one but their unions.

The problem is providing the best and most efficient services is not the mandate of private industry, whose sole obligation is to maximize profits.

Reactions: Skar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce