OT: Coronavirus XXIII: Keep it On Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I just decided to permanently close the last thread, didn't even know where to start after seeing page after page of OT and bickering. Sadly we are back to square one with removing people from the thread if it happens again.

Reactions: oilers'72 and TB12

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Coronavirus, things related to the effect of the coronavirus (economics, travel, etc.).

Ah, so flat earth, vaccines conspiracies, government, China blaming, cryptocurrencies. Number conspiracies are off the table now?

I see the post above. I guess not.

Just a flu (not)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

China had it first and arguably for one complete year depending on news one considers. Looking around the world death numbers due to covid are down everywhere, every place, that has had this for at least 6mths or so. I mean deaths are drastically down in these regions, by a factor of around 1/5 of the original wave. Only countries that have been seeing huge numbers in the last few months or so are seeing huge daily death tolls now.

Even in Europe, here, deaths are very limited now even though the Europe case numbers are exploding.

What I suspect is that built tolerance starts to occur in populations through gradual exposure to deactivated covid virus particles, or maybe brief esposures, sub infection load exposures etc. It seems, like with other coronavirus before, the level of seriousness of the condition trails off.

Even in Alberta, in Edmonton, while infection numbers are raging ICU placements and deaths are not. Deaths primarily occuring in hospital or Seniors home environments where load infection of the virus transferred could be immense.

China had some right ideas including having specialized Covid 19 medical facilities to isolate treatments and not spread it in med facilities. We should have done that here.

Our Seniors homes are disasters of service and have been for years. This, and the deplorable conditions have existed for decades. They've been reported, examined, many times before. Maybe this time there will be political will to provide adequate and humane care to our seniors.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ah, so flat earth, vaccines conspiracies, government, China blaming, cryptocurrencies. Number conspiracies are off the table now?

I see the post above. I guess not.

Just a flu (not)

Vaccines are very relevant to this pandemic. Government policies relating to Covid are relevant. Blaming China is relevant as we must show our gratitude for these wonderful times that we live in. People that contribute to the spread of the illness due to ignorance are also relevant.

As for the video that is very interesting, however I am wondering where he gets his stats from seeing as we haven't even had that many cases in Hawaii since this started or Alberta for that matter. Is he talking about this being the case with no mask use and distancing or is he pulling numbers out of thin air or his buttocks?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
You make fun of someone watching a video on the subject on Youtube, but yet post a tweet from an ex-baseball player from TikTok.
I am not really in the loop, but this is not the opinion of an ex-baseball player on tiktok. This is a brief mathematical analysis of the rate of spread based on data in March of 2020 from a professor of medicin. Not sure what is wrong/bad with it.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I am not really in the loop, but this is not the opinion of an ex-baseball player on tiktok. This is an brief mathematical analysis of the rate of spread based on data in March of 2020 from a professor of medicin. Not sure what is wrong/bad with it.
so I'm supposed to believe an "expert" from the tweet of an ex ball player with a video from tiktok, but yet when someone posts a video from an "expert" on Youtube with conflicting arguments, they are ridiculous.

I'm just trying to understand here.....believe the experts on TikTok, but not Youtube?
I'm just trying to figure out which source to get my information from.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Just remember kids, COVID-19 was engineered by the global elite to help usher in their new world order.

Not my words, just the words of noted expert James Corbett.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just remember kids, COVID-19 was engineered by the global elite to help usher in their new world order.

Not my words, just the words of noted expert James Corbett.

Actually to remove massive medical bills, nursing home care, social programs for seniors, critical thinkers from an era when people needed to solve their own problems, etc.

:)

Reactions: oilers'72 and nabob

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
so I'm supposed to believe an "expert" from the tweet of an ex ball player with a video from tiktok, but yet when someone posts a video from an "expert" on Youtube with conflicting arguments, they are ridiculous.

I'm just trying to understand here.....believe the experts on TikTok, but not Youtube?
I'm just trying to figure out which source to get my information from.

Sorry didn’t realize I’m on some alt right sub forum.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What comes next the shutdown of this thread or a shutdown of a town or city near you?

Is there betting on this? heh

From the looks of its veering to thread shutdown.

tbh it seems like whatever stuff from yesterday isn't done and its just going to go to the same arguments.

ps How many superbowls have their been? We gonna beat that number at some point?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Is there betting on this? heh

From the looks of its veering to thread shutdown.

tbh it seems like whatever stuff from yesterday isn't done and its just going to go to the same arguments.

ps How many superbowls have their been? We gonna beat that number at some point?
I admit I'm enjoying myself. I suppose it's nice to take a break from reality every so often.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Is he talking about this being the case with no mask use and distancing or is he pulling numbers out of thin air or his buttocks?
I’m wondering what ‘normal flu’ is. Is that a scientific term or just dumbed down talk for us common folk. I’ve had the flu in the past. Sometimes I barely noticed. Once I spent four days unable to stand or consume anything but water. I’ve even heard that folks sometimes die from ‘normal flu’.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It doesn't matter since its the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Damn, I thought it was 12, er 11yrs. Darn false news.

In positive news I won't have to watch Madonna dancing around half naked as an Octogenarian. she only look like one already. Oh, another side of her face is falling off, somebody get the putty and Bondo out..

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad