OT: Coronavirus XXIII: Keep it On Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm so pragmatic. My $ has been spent on hardware, home improvement, things for the house.

My activity spent more on gardening, projects, renos, physical activity.

I tried to learn some new things here and there, I lack the staying power I used to have with learning new things like picking up a language.

Tried learning musical notation for the first time. What a fail that was. I think I need new glasses.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Not only is Czech number 1 they also blow everyone else right out of the Water.
I wonder how they calculate the consumption. To be fair to the others, I think Czechia is the only country with a beer spa where you can take a nice dip in a beer jacuzzi.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I wonder how they calculate the consumption. To be fair to the others, I think Czechia is the only country with a beer spa where you can take a nice dip in a beer jacuzzi.

That should be a crime against humanity!

Reactions: LaGu

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yeah, loi, I was noting that. They win by twice as much as the nearest competitor. Its like Wayne Gretzkys of beer drinking. Its actually fascinating that nearly 200liters/year beer consumption/per capita. These are not adult exclusive figures. This includes everybody, children etc. So for adults the consumption must be something like greater than one liter beer a day on average. I'm giving that some sober thought..
And Czech beer is also #1 in quality. Long known for having outstanding breweries and a product that can make grown men weep, they also have some of the most beautiful women in the world, as well as a gorgeous capital. No wonder Prague is known as the "crown jewel" of Europe.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Obviously an outlier based on all the guys in the league that have caught it and all are now back playing. Possibly had a pre-existing condition and didn't even know about it. And that's the scary thing - most of us don't know if we have one of those pre-existing conditions or not that would make us vulnerable. If someone found that out, it would be nearly as important as a vaccine.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
I'm so pragmatic. My $ has been spent on hardware, home improvement, things for the house.

My activity spent more on gardening, projects, renos, physical activity.

I tried to learn some new things here and there, I lack the staying power I used to have with learning new things like picking up a language.

Tried learning musical notation for the first time. What a fail that was. I think I need new glasses.
I made it over two months with my Spanish app. That was two months longer than expected...

Same here though. 90+% of my excess spending has been on home or garden renos.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Obviously an outlier based on all the guys in the league that have caught it and all are now back playing. Possibly had a pre-existing condition and didn't even know about it. And that's the scary thing - most of us don't know if we have one of those pre-existing conditions or not that would make us vulnerable. If someone found that out, it would be nearly as important as a vaccine.

Just in general you just never know how your immune system will react to something, pre-existing condition or not. Some people are just unlucky and their body goes nuts when a certain virus is infecting them. How often the bad luck occurs, you really just need to find out with the statistics after the sample size is big enough.

Reactions: HK97

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Damn reporters hogging all of the hot naked chick beer!

This thread has taken a joyful turn.

PS, not exactly nude with all that foam.

Reminds me of one of my dads favorite album covers..

Cover-Whipped-Cream-and-Other-Delights.jpg

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
This thread has taken a joyful turn.

PS, not exactly nude with all that foam.

Reminds me of one of my dads favorite album covers..

Cover-Whipped-Cream-and-Other-Delights.jpg

I have lots of Herb Alpert songs on one of my easy listening playlists. Great cover and great tunes!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

As a kid that album cover and some Nancy Sinatra album covers introduced me to some finer things in life..Dad had em all..

But yeah with Herb Alpert and the Tijuana brass the music was sure good too @bellagiobob

ps the thought of whip cream topping on any desert was never quite the same after this..

heh

pps

Imagine A &M records at the time. Herb, you're gonna sell a lot of records again with this release.

Herb: I got this cover for it too!

A &M : You're gonna sell a lot more records! So many that you could buy the company.

I mean this was in every dads must have record collection.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

Ya that's not the first high level athlete that has gotten their butts kicked by the virus. A bit worrisome because do we ever hear of the cold or flu virus doing that to any high level athletes? Obviously this virus seems worse and it should probably be recognized instead of some people thinking it's just like the flu virus.

Who knows if these athletes may have their careers ended by the virus. And maybe more down the road.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

That's very unfortunate. I guess we'll see what actually happens when a hospital reaches ICU capacity. It's out of their control now.

EDIT: Apparently a number of other hospitals in cities in Texas are sending reinforcements to aid them. Shit hits the fan in a couple of other cities and it's gonna be trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad