OT: Coronavirus XXII: Vaccines For Medical Personnel By Year's End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmco

Jan 25, 2013
Funny, somehow the depression and few suicides from "lockdowns/economy" is more of an issue for you than the depression and suicides from front line health care workers having to deal with increased covid cases.

Those are completely different scales. Everyone was locked down vs the smaller population of health care workers.

Reactions: oilers'72

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
End of October in USA, when in Canada?
It depends upon the review process used by the National Advisory Committee on Immunization under an emergency situation. Fortunately they don't have to contend with a looming spectre of a national election potentially influencing their efforts.

The two key metrics that must be evaluated in Phase 3 trials are efficacy and safety. The latter typically takes longer to assess and can also be more difficult to define what are the reasonable end points.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It depends upon the review process used by the National Advisory Committee on Immunization under an emergency situation. Fortunately they don't have to contend with a looming spectre of a national election potentially influencing their efforts.

The two key metrics that must be evaluated in Phase 3 trials are efficacy and safety. The latter typically takes longer to assess and can also be more difficult to define what are the reasonable end points.
Gotta get thru Phase 3. Always someone getting sick

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
So you're saying those in the Medical Field are lying.

That's what it sounds like to me.
No I am saying way too much fear mongering posts and articles over a very harmless virus to most. And you only post things that support your agenda. Ever thought of taking a break from posting stats and articles? It may be better for your health.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
No I am saying way too much fear mongering posts and articles over a very harmless virus to most. And you only post things that support your agenda. Ever thought of taking a break from posting stats and articles? It may be better for your health.

What agenda?

I don't have an agenda!:laugh:

I'm just like everyone else that just wants to have everything go back to being normal the way it used to be.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Those are completely different scales. Everyone was locked down vs the smaller population of health care workers.

Not really, for vast vast majority (oh, and we're NOT locked down btw) of population is handling it fine. Yes a small percentage are depressed, an even smaller percentage need help. We can't compare what's worse because we have no idea of the exact numbers. Point is, keep covid numbers down, don't be irresponsible, call out those who are (and there's a growing number of these people) because they are the ones really contributing to rising cases which both impact health care professionals and the general public as far as mental health.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
a little google search and there's nothing new reported about any info or results of russia's vaccine they announced they were distributing. last report I can find is on Sept. 4th when they announced theyve got a vaccine developed LOL

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
We may be barreling towards a fight between the FDA and White House over the vaccine approval.

The FDA revised their guidance for vaccine approval about a week ago in response to the political threat of any candidate being approved prematurely for election purposes. The non-binding guidance spells out that 2 months of safety data after the 2nd dose will be required as part of the data packet submitted to the regulatory body. This would allow vaccine developers to provide a stronger, evidenced-based argument to the review panels. In addition, it should strengthen the public's confidence in receiving the vaccine, which was eroding after the vaccine became a political issue. However, this would push earliest approval in November/December territory.

That being said... Pfizer has jumped into the lead because they applied their established, vast trial recruitment network to enroll the required number of people into the study the fastest among the competitors. They still claim that they will have the efficacy data by the end of October, but have been tight-lipped about whether they would support political intervention by the White House to approve the vaccine without the additional 2 months of safety data should that option be presented to them.

Yeah... and even the two months is a big concession relative to standard safety follow up (typically 6 months). You have to keep in mind that the types of side effects you would be (theoretically) concerned about in vaccine trials are immune mediated, which can take time to show up.

I have been amazed at the pace of progress, it has been absolutely unprecedented, and plenty of folks deserve credit for that... but IMO an approval in less than a year was never a realistic goal.

Reactions: Frank the Tank

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I'm sure it helps that Bill Gates and his cabal were already working on the vaccine a year ago, well before any known outbreaks of Covid. Just a wild coincidence, I'm sure.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Even in Saskatchewan we are getting g high again, and we were doing really good. I think regina alone has close to 50. It’s getting ridiculous with this second wave.

For perspective Edmonton has 1500 active cases at the moment. Any Edmonton Neighborhood has more active cases than all of Regina.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm sure it helps that Bill Gates and his cabal were already working on the vaccine a year ago, well before any known outbreaks of Covid. Just a wild coincidence, I'm sure.

I knew there was a reason I stopped coming into this thread. Wow. Just, wow. This post is not just ignorant, it's dangerous. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I knew there was a reason I stopped coming into this thread. Wow. Just, wow. This post is not just ignorant, it's dangerous. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh I forgot, the 6 o'clock news didn't say it, so therefore it never happened. Silly me.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I am not sure I will ever be able to change the mind of people that believe conspiracies but this is my attempt to allow for you to have an open mind.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
“He was working on his truck the day before he passed away. So it’s not like he was incapacitated, lying in bed,” Archbold said.

Definitely more dangerous than the flu. Silent hypoxia. Sometimes the damage to the lungs arent extremely overt but it's significant. Many stories about how people with seemingly mild symptoms can take a abrupt turn for the worse and die the next day.
It can also cause strokes. This is not just a respiratory ailment.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I am not sure I will ever be able to change the mind of people that believe conspiracies but this is my attempt to allow for you to have an open mind.

Gates knew it was coming based on history. Trump eliminated the infectious disease task force. Most people believe that the responses of both the Canadian and American governments was subpar. I believe Gates is trying to help eradicate it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Gates knew it was coming based on history. Trump eliminated the infectious disease task force. Most people believe that the responses of both the Canadian and American governments was subpar. I believe Gates is trying to help eradicate it.
Nah he's clearly trying to install microchips into every human, the pandemic was just a setup for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad