News Article: Coronavirus Part 3: Social Distance Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Ha! Funny you mention that cause I've been listening to an audio book of The Shining for the first time. I don't scare easily but it's scaring me A LOT more than the movie did. I'm definitely liking the book better even though the film has some good moments.
In part 2 they go to the Overlook to escape the Coronavirus.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not a bloody chance in hell.The guys a thief and an outright liar

0DD6A2F3-8596-4E52-8D9D-3AD5D3204146.jpeg

Attachments

• 7F711167-762B-4CEE-B1BE-04E0ECA2D85F.gif
    7F711167-762B-4CEE-B1BE-04E0ECA2D85F.gif
    3 MB · Views: 2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Who cares at this point though? Iran, Italy, China and apparently Brazil now - they weren't exactly trustworthy before with their original numbers, why is this suddenly news again? Yea, shame on them for not being honest but then shame on the same countries that had a headstart and, despite always doubting those numbers, still based their models off them.

It's almost like all these articles about numbers not being truthful etc etc are just deflecting attention from their own country's mishandling of the virus.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Coronavirus updates: COVID-19 crisis brings record U.S. jobless claims

"As many as 20 million people could be out of work this summer, according to estimates from the Economic Policy Institute and Bank of America."

How many tests has Kenney ordered Alberta factories to produce for May?

The alternative appears to be economic devastation. I see Canada doing nothing in this regard and instead it appears they are heading for the Italy quagmire. All lock, with no test and quarantine. It appears to be the federal governments one and only plan. Hopefully that is not the case.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

And once again the TP crowd has screwed us all over with their greed. I only have one RX, and went to pick it up and was told that all meds are now limited to 30 day supply due to people trying to hoard drugs.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

And once again the TP crowd has screwed us all over with their greed. I only have one RX, and went to pick it up and was told that all meds are now limited to 30 day supply due to people trying to hoard drugs.

I checked for curiosity on the TP situation online at Costco. Its still a 7-8 day wait! What are these asshats doing...still buying up hoards when it comes in? Haven't been able to find a container of sanitizer in weeks, I suppose there are lots of people with 50 or more of these at home.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I checked for curiosity on the TP situation online at Costco. Its still a 7-8 day wait! What are these asshats doing...still buying up hoards when it comes in? Haven't been able to find a container of sanitizer in weeks, I suppose there are lots of people with 50 or more of these at home.
There are pallets of the stuff in the west end store. I think anything to do with online or delivery right now is a wait.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Pretty scary how transmissible this virus is. Almost seems like, from a bunch of reports, if youre in the vicinity of someone with the virus for any decent or even lesser amount of time, there's a solid chance you'll get infected. And i doubt those infected people are sneezing and coughing a lot or at all.... likely just talking and breathing. Hard to say whether it's because no one has immunity or something about this virus makes it more virulent and easily transmissible or all of the above.

Also makes one think just how frequently we are exposed to other viruses/bacteria when things were normal and we were all shaking hands, talking loudly in big groups of friend/colleagues, having people sneeze and cough around us all the time, spitting on the ground etc. Hopefully there'll be changes moving forward. I understand the respect factor with the handshake after men's league hockey etc but it's pretty effing disgusting. Even in normal life/business....maybe the handshake will go away and we'll just put our hands together at the heart and bow to one another from now on.

Or learn to wash our hands afterwards.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Ha! Funny you mention that cause I've been listening to an audio book of The Shining for the first time. I don't scare easily but it's scaring me A LOT more than the movie did. I'm definitely liking the book better even though the film has some good moments.
I've only listen to part of the book and it is very good. I'll have to listen to it in it's entirety. Stephen King didn't like the way the movie was adapted hence newer versions of the film. However the 1980 version, is absolutely considered one of the best horror movies of all time. It's one of my favorites in any genre and I can go on about it to eternity.. " Room 237" You ain't got no business in there anyway" "So stay out!!"

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

Yes, that sucks if one doesn't have insurance (dispensing fees every time) and the inconvenience of it. Anyone who's uninsured, go to Costco Pharmacy, 4.49 dispensing fees vs 10.00+ everywhere else. You don't need a Costco card for pharmacy use. Just make sure your Dr. faxes the Rx and check that they've received it and ask to fill. Saves time and money.
To get an idea of medicine prices, go to Pharmacy Compass. It's a B.C. website but gives you an idea what pharmacy charges for meds. Use Vancouver, B.C as a location. Not exactly the same prices as Alberta but close.
Pharmacy Compass - Pharmacy Compass

Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Thanks Donald for having zero tact or discretion and bleating out the names of unproven treatments thus causing shortages for people in dire need of these medicines for actual proven treatments....you f***ing egomaniacal asshole.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Thanks Donald for having zero tact or discretion and bleating out the names of unproven treatments thus causing shortages for people in dire need of these medicines for actual proven treatments....you f***ing egomaniacal asshole.
I knew he was going to f*** this up right from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad