News Article: Coronavirus Part 3: Social Distance Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Especially in Italy where it looks like the doctors are being worked to death just with COVID patients alone.
A few days ago they reported 50 some doctors had passed from SARS-2 in Italy. Working in those conditions just amplifies the exposure. Add the stress and strain of such a workload...uh! its infuriating the world is actually having to go through all of this.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
It's actually the same shine effect as your avatar... :cool:
Did you say shine effect!? You know what I'm talking about don't you?
IMG_20200228_121453.jpg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

That is so f*cked on so many levels. When 9/11 happened I thought to myself that this was my generations Pearl Harbor type of a moment. Sadly 9/11 will pale to the death toll from this f*cking disease. Hopefully it doesn't have a bigger negative effect on the world and our freedoms than 9/11 did.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
A long but informative/interesting article on the Covid-19 crisis/pandemic and it's possible implications for the future...

How the Pandemic Will End

One paragraph is especially notable...

"Aspects of America’s identity may need rethinking after COVID-19. Many of the country’s values have seemed to work against it during the pandemic. Its individualism, exceptionalism, and tendency to equate doing whatever you want with an act of resistance meant that when it came time to save lives and stay indoors, some people flocked to bars and clubs. Having internalized years of anti-terrorism messaging following 9/11, Americans resolved to not live in fear. But SARS-CoV-2 has no interest in their terror, only their cells."

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Instantly pay everyone in Canada $3000 each and make them all stay home for 3 weeks... total shutdown/quarantine.

Pandemic is over as that's plenty of money for essentials... ie food/utilities/rent etc... and the virus won't be able to spread after 3 weeks of total containment.

Massive payout of ~$114 billion but they'll end up spending that anyway (and likely much more) and it will take many weeks to get the currently planned payment streams into people's/businesses hands with all the red tape they have to go through currently.

Yes it's a little simplistic (homeless and other special cases etc)... but the idea should always have been to very quickly get enough money in everyone's hands to buy food/drugs/necessities and do a proper and complete lockdown instead of this long drawn out process which is going to likely take many months to eradicate the virus.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Instantly pay everyone in Canada $3000 each and make them all stay home for 3 weeks... total shutdown/quarantine.

Pandemic is over as that's plenty of money for essentials... ie food/utilities/rent etc... and the virus won't be able to spread after 3 weeks of total containment.

Massive payout of ~$114 billion but they'll end up spending that anyway (and likely much more) and it will take many weeks to get the currently planned payment streams into people's/businesses hands with all the red tape they have to go through currently.

Yes it's a little simplistic (homeless and other special cases etc)... but the idea should always have been to very quickly get enough money in everyone's hands to buy food/drugs/necessities and do a proper and complete lockdown instead of this long drawn out process which is going to likely take many months to eradicate the virus.
Three weeks wouldn’t be nearly enough with how long the incubation time can stretch out alone(up to 37 days in studies) and then how long the actual symptoms takes to die out, several weeks in some cases( like most viral infektions).

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Today's comedy

A certain adult site is saying they have streamed more adult content in the last 20 days then they have done over the last ten years

I cant wait to read their year end data report. Going to be interesting to see the data

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Lol . Watch the movie...The Shining (1980) with Jack Nicholson..
Ha! Funny you mention that cause I've been listening to an audio book of The Shining for the first time. I don't scare easily but it's scaring me A LOT more than the movie did. I'm definitely liking the book better even though the film has some good moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad