News Article: Coronavirus Part 3: Social Distance Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Really? Come on man.
This is exactly what the lizard people want you to think.

7ZaLno0.jpg

Reactions: Porkleaker

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No, not yet. Could be episode 8, which I'll be watching today.

Thanks for recommending a good show to me, but now I've found a new way to procrastinate. :laugh:

There is some pretty amazing acting by Melissa in that episode, so keep an eye out for it.

lol, join the procrastination club. I'm surprised you weren't watching it already, I thought you were into all the Arrowverse stuff. But at least now you know why I'm such a big fan of it.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
The applications for the CERB are going to be a massive gong show. The website is going to get f***ed.

Reactions: McBeastMode

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The applications for the CERB are going to be a massive gong show. The website is going to get f***ed.

I wonder what % of the applications are going to be abusing the system with claims that don't really qualify.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Pretty scary how transmissible this virus is. Almost seems like, from a bunch of reports, if youre in the vicinity of someone with the virus for any decent or even lesser amount of time, there's a solid chance you'll get infected. And i doubt those infected people are sneezing and coughing a lot or at all.... likely just talking and breathing. Hard to say whether it's because no one has immunity or something about this virus makes it more virulent and easily transmissible or all of the above.

Also makes one think just how frequently we are exposed to other viruses/bacteria when things were normal and we were all shaking hands, talking loudly in big groups of friend/colleagues, having people sneeze and cough around us all the time, spitting on the ground etc. Hopefully there'll be changes moving forward. I understand the respect factor with the handshake after men's league hockey etc but it's pretty effing disgusting. Even in normal life/business....maybe the handshake will go away and we'll just put our hands together at the heart and bow to one another from now on.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Pretty scary how transmissible this virus is. Almost seems like, from a bunch of reports, if youre in the vicinity of someone with the virus for any decent or even lesser amount of time, there's a solid chance you'll get infected. And i doubt those infected people are sneezing and coughing a lot or at all.... likely just talking and breathing. Hard to say whether it's because no one has immunity or something about this virus makes it more virulent and easily transmissible or all of the above.

Also makes one think just how frequently we are exposed to other viruses/bacteria when things were normal and we were all shaking hands, talking loudly in big groups of friend/colleagues, having people sneeze and cough around us all the time, spitting on the ground etc. Hopefully there'll be changes moving forward. I understand the respect factor with the handshake after men's league hockey etc but it's pretty effing disgusting. Even in normal life/business....maybe the handshake will go away and we'll just put our hands together at the heart and bow to one another from now on.

Hopefully there will be less feces on the touch screens at McDonald's.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
So uh if im loosing 30% or greater month over month and I have to add 25% to my employees wages to top them up to the 75% and I have to do this monthly with the CRA to keep that 75% while continuing to lose 30% or greater month over month..

Yeah im packing up shop and putting my employees on layoffs cause unlike the gov I need 100% revenue to keep a float
Don’t worry, your budget will balance itself.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Hopefully there will be less feces on the touch screens at McDonald's.

The same with self-checkouts in a supermarket. Those are virus spreaders. You use one of those and you just caught what the last ten people had, etc. That or the store will need to toxify the environment to keep them clean. Use a cashier. Saves a job too.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Foot note for people looking at mortality rates:

Two medics, both now mayors in small cities, reported a couple of really scary figures.

In the last 10 years from jan 1st to apr 1st 20-40 people died. This year 160-200 people died, 20-30 attributed to covid19... 100+ deaths unaccounted for, which is way outside the margin of error.
What I think took a lot of time for many people to understand is that in the midst of a pandemic nobody is getting good health care whether their needs are related to the virus or not. People are dying from other things because there aren’t enough resources left for them to get the care they normally would have.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
That whole crossover was great. Probably the best overall crossover they've done. Overgirl is soooo good.

You need to hurry up though otherwise your twin will catch you in less than a month...

We started seasons 3 and 1 at the same time, and I'm an episode ahead...

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What I think took a lot of time for many people to understand is that in the midst of a pandemic nobody is getting good health care whether their needs are related to the virus or not. People are dying from other things because there aren’t enough resources left for them to get the care they normally would have.

Especially in Italy where it looks like the doctors are being worked to death just with COVID patients alone.

Reactions: rboomercat90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille