News Article: Coronavirus Part 3: Social Distance Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Lower than the US.

How about compared to Europe? I see quite a few hefty Canadians in the stands during games and know some personally.

EDIT-I found some info on it, not as bad as the US but it doesn't sound too great. https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-s-obesity-rates-triple-in-less-than-30-years-1.2558365

34% of Canadian adults will be obese by 2025, and it will cost billions: report

Just found some info comparing the countries in 2011. When looking strictly at whites between countries it's a lot more similar. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db56.pdf

Last edited:

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
How about compared to Europe? I see quite a few hefty Canadians in the stands during games and know some personally.

EDIT-I found some info on it, not as bad as the US but it doesn't sound too great. https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/canada-s-obesity-rates-triple-in-less-than-30-years-1.2558365

34% of Canadian adults will be obese by 2025, and it will cost billions: report

I believe I read awhile back that France and Switzerland have consistently had the lowest rates of obesity in Europe.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I watched a doc on the polio epidemic last night. Like there’s not enough to be depressed about right now that I need to watch old depressing stuff. But it was really interesting.

Wifey's had WW2 shit going for the last week haha. I'm in my mancave watching Supergirl! My space rules, her space drools. ;)

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Federal government definitely will need to get wage subsidy money to business owners a lot sooner than May. It's so unreasonable for them to think all small business owners have cash or lines of credit at their disposal. Some may but many probably don't.

I still can't believe they have to redo the wage subsidy bill again. What a gaffe. In the mean time when they redo it, they can expedite it and give payments immediately after business owners apply for it.

Wonder what % of the 70+ Billion dollars will end up going to companies like Air Canada, etc.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Federal government definitely will need to get wage subsidy money to business owners a lot sooner than May. It's so unreasonable for them to think all small business owners have cash or lines of credit at their disposal. Some may but many probably don't.

I still can't believe they have to redo the wage subsidy bill again. What a gaffe. In the mean time when they redo it, they can expedite it and give payments immediately after business owners apply for it.
they're approach is totally wrong. Stroke everybody a 2000 dollar check, let those still with a job to go to have the employer top up the 2g's etc. sure it costs more up front but they can just tax it all back from anybody that doesn't qualify next year. It would be the quickest and easiest. Did you file taxes last year? ok here's your dole. it eases the burden immediately, and fixes the need to try and figure out a program on the fly and under the gun. Sort it out at tax time next year.

MinisterOfSinister

Aug 31, 2008
Only the few of us "woke" intellectuals know that the earth is actually donut shaped. Vaccines cause autism. Chemtrails exist as a means for the gubberment to brainwash the sheeple. The moon landing was a hoax.

Really? Come on man.
This is exactly what the lizard people want you to think.

Reactions: Skar

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
@Cloned
Daily Supergirl Report

Episodes watched: Season 1 episodes 5, 6, and 7.

Notes: I'm once again impressed with the acting for Kara and Alex. There was one scene in particular in episode 5 where Alex got emotional with her mother. Top-notch acting.

Most noteworthy gif (great scene btw):
R3vS.gif

Reactions: Cloned

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Not surprised to see Tonga and Samoa up there as they are some big Polynesians. I wonder if the US #'s include American Samoa?[/
Not surprised to see Tonga and Samoa up there as they are some big Polynesians. I wonder if the US #'s include American Samoa?
America has truly begun to export obesity(I know American Samoa is grey) to the world. Even a “healthy” diet isn’t really the same for the planet. Water usage for some foods is grotesque.
The strange tale of turkey tails

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Not surprised to see Tonga and Samoa up there as they are some big Polynesians. I wonder if the US #'s include American Samoa?[/
Not surprised to see Tonga and Samoa up there as they are some big Polynesians. I wonder if the US #'s include American Samoa?
America has truly begun to export obesity(I know American Samoa is grey) to the world. Even a “healthy” diet isn’t really the same for the planet. Water usage for some foods is grotesque.
The strange tale of turkey tails

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
@Cloned
Daily Supergirl Report

Episodes watched: Season 1 episodes 5, 6, and 7.

Notes: I'm once again impressed with the acting for Kara and Alex. There was one scene in particular in episode 5 where Alex got emotional with her mother. Top-notch acting.

Most noteworthy gif (great scene btw):
R3vS.gif

3v1gbt.jpg

lol, I could get used to these daily reports. It won't be long before you catch up to your twin at this rate.

Did you get to that episode where Kara gets super emotional about her mom? Or is that episode 8?

@Llamamoto49

You better get watching!

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
3v1gbt.jpg

lol, I could get used to these daily reports. It won't be long before you catch up to your twin at this rate.

Did you get to that episode where Kara gets super emotional about her mom? Or is that episode 8?

@Llamamoto49

You better get watching!

I'm on episode 9, although I'm rewatching Crisis on Earth X. That 1st episode of the crossover (The Supergirl one) was just great.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
3v1gbt.jpg

@Llamamoto49

You better get watching!
No, not yet. Could be episode 8, which I'll be watching today.

Thanks for recommending a good show to me, but now I've found a new way to procrastinate. :laugh:

Reactions: Cloned

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Nope but nothing is being weighted.

If vegas had a line open right now the financial collapse that will happen within 3 months will result in more deaths and family destruction than the virus will kill in the next 18 months in canada

Lol... leaders the world over are all of a sudden magically listening to ONLY their chief public health officer (whom they only just met a couple months ago) and ignoring the head of their central bank, leading economic think tanks and heads of industry... all of whom they had on speed dial.

What a baseless opinion.

(and PS... that public health head... yeah... they'd also have an entire department of public health peeps reporting to them... an entire quadrant of whom specialize in the impact of socio-economic status on health... it's an entire F'n field of public health in case you didn't know)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm on episode 9, although I'm rewatching Crisis on Earth X. That 1st episode of the crossover (The Supergirl one) was just great.

That whole crossover was great. Probably the best overall crossover they've done. Overgirl is soooo good.

You need to hurry up though otherwise your twin will catch you in less than a month...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille