TSN: Coronavirus part 2: The world is slowly stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
After his two boneheaded plays in the last 2 games he blew his hart chances.
The team has been dealing with a bug in the locker room, there is pandemic worries, fears of the season getting cancelled. I would excuse someone for having an off night, especially when after the first period they were probably told the NBA season got suspended, they knew they were next.

We can yell at someone to be a pro and get over it, but they are still human and last night the players seemed kind of off, from both sides. The emotion just was not there.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
They should cancel the season. This is a 'development' season for the league. Dish out the awards now before Pastrnak catches Draisailt. Give Drai the Art Ross and Hart.

Those 2 2nd rounders for AA will be a colossal idiotic move if the season is cancelled.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
How Oilers is that.

Even when we're making the playoffs we miss the playoffs.

That's another season without playoffs for Connor. Guess he's leaving.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oilers are in the playoffs. That’s very secondary right now though.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
July makes no sense. So basically all free agents who's contract ends on July 1st basically leaves the team mid playoffs?

Yeah the season is over.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Amazing how fast this all happened. No one would have guessed this even 24 hours ago.
It didn't really happen fast though. Months ago North American governments were telling everyone not to worry, it wouldn't be a problem here.

It was always coming but the people who run our country are f***ing stupid.

Reactions: frag2

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
They should cancel the season. This is a 'development' season for the league. Dish out the awards now before Pastrnak catches Draisailt. Give Drai the Art Ross and Hart.

Those 2 2nd rounders for AA will be a colossal idiotic move if the season is cancelled.
could be worse, coulda pulled an arizona, traded for hall and fallen out of the playoffs altogether. Not even a chance to get in on a modified playoff format. As for double A himself. it's a second rounder for the rental and one 2nd rounder to retain his rights which will still be worth a 2nd rounder if we qualify him. Not that big of an expense

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
It didn't really happen fast though. Months ago North American governments were telling everyone not to worry, it wouldn't be a problem here.

It was always coming but the people who run our country are f***ing stupid.
Help me out here. What would you have done at the time?

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Help me out here. What would you have done at the time?
Call me crazy but when a new virus has an outbreak somewhere in the world and spreads across that country like wildfire, you don't sit there and send out public service announcements telling people nothing will happen and don't worry, especially when you know absolutely nothing about what you're dealing with.

You make what information you have known. It was known it was causing severe pneumonia and killing people in China and they still sat here and insisted nothing would happen, it wasn't a big deal.

You don't need to declare a state of emergency. But telling everyone it's fine when the international headlines are clearly telling you otherwise is negligent and stupid.

The repercussions of that we're seeing now. Everyone is reassured not to worry it's not a threat at all. Then all of a sudden it's a global pandemic that nobody saw coming? f*** off. They dropped the ball so horribly they should all be removed from office and sent to jail along with the entire Chinese shittatorship.

Rusoilers

Дмитрий Самуроков 38
Oct 9, 2019
Siberia
Without hate can I ask why such a drastic move? Because the virus is not likely to kill an adult at all. I don't understand why cancelling the season is necessary.

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
So... I bought resale tickets for the March 27th game through ticketmaster... Anyone know how all that works?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
could be worse, coulda pulled an arizona, traded for hall and fallen out of the playoffs altogether. Not even a chance to get in on a modified playoff format. As for double A himself. it's a second rounder for the rental and one 2nd rounder to retain his rights which will still be worth a 2nd rounder if we qualify him. Not that big of an expense

I'm fine with that deal.

I would do it over again today without much fuss.

We need speed and more skill on our wings, that's simply a fact. 2 2nd rounders to get that done is an acceptable cost for a player that's only 25 years old and we have full control over.

The odds of a 2nd round pick scoring 20-30 goals in the NHL as AA already has is less than 1% and you are waiting most likely 3-5 years for that player to become a roster regular.

So what if he hasn't been lights out to start, neither was Archibald or Yamamoto or Strome or Sheahan in their first games as Oilers.

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
Without hate can I ask why such a drastic move? Because the virus is not likely to kill an adult at all. I don't understand why cancelling the season is necessary.

Are old people or people with underlying conditions(Cystic Fibrosis, cancer, Asthma, COPD etc) not an Adult? These are human beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad