Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Other thread crossed 1000 post

Obviously this story has a wide range of impacts

Might I suggest (before the blue beanies do) keep politics out of the discussion and focus on the sporting side and legit preventative measures a person can take.

And if you are giving suggestion make sure they are from legit sources and not from old great aunt Mable cook book.

News update is

1pm EST news conference
All practices cancelled
Two NBA players have contacted it
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson in quarantine in Australia

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Tsn is reporting teams are being asked to check arena availability till the end of July.

There has been a suggestion that the nhl may dtop the wild card playoff spots if they lose a month (out of NYC sport station)

IIHF says no decision on the world championship in Switzerland but I am sticking to what I heard from TEAM GM support staff on the subject

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Reactions: Old Boys Club

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I wonder what happens to those who purchased tickets on re-sale. Reimbursement would go to the original purchaser through the NHL/ticketmaster - etc, would it not?

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
At least the arena availability thing suggests that the playoffs will be postponed rather than cancelled altogether.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Stock market having the largest percentage drop since 1929. Currently tracking as the 5th largest percentage drop in a day. It’s also the largest point drop in history. The second time that’s happened this week.

So.... That's good news, I guess.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Tsn is reporting teams are being asked to check arena availability till the end of July.

There has been a suggestion that the nhl may dtop the wild card playoff spots if they lose a month (out of NYC sport station)

IIHF says no decision on the world championship in Switzerland but I am sticking to what I heard from TEAM GM support staff on the subject

Not much of a problem for the busy Rogers Place arena because its usually completely devoid of events in July.

Looks like most concerts will be cancelled as well anyway, the few big shows that exist these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad