TSN: Coronavirus part 2: The world is slowly stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Canada has a solid public health system with adequate testing and good research and vaccine development. There is no major sustained community transmission in most (all?) provinces. Obviously its precarious when you have 30-40 patients in Quebec/Ontario and it can ramp up very quickly. I think they will make policy adjustments as necessary without overreacting or under reacting. It’s a fine line. The province I’m in still has 0 cases. I think the NHL could have managed this for a while longer but I guess it becomes a risk-reward game... Lots of bad press if they’re seen to take it too lightly. They could have likely finished the season with protective measures in place. Now, as things are likely to get worse before they get better, we are in for a long hiatus.

Once the season is suspended and players return home they will get infected at a higher rate imho.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Rumors have it that the wildcard teams may be dropped....goodbye BOA.

There is a near-zero chance that there will be playoffs. They start in 1 month from now, and we are at least 6-8 weeks behind the curve of the asian countries. The asian countries are just STARTING to go back some level of normalcy. As far as I know, China still isn't allowing large public gatherings, and they are multiple weeks ahead of our curve, if not months.

I suppose if things really flatten out in the next 6 weeks, they could drop the wildcard spots, and make the rounds only 5 games long, and play to empty arenas.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
There is a near-zero chance that there will be playoffs. They start in 1 month from now, and we are at least 6-8 weeks behind the curve of the asian countries. The asian countries are just STARTING to go back some level of normalcy. As far as I know, China still isn't allowing large public gatherings, and they are multiple weeks ahead of our curve, if not months.

I suppose if things really flatten out in the next 6 weeks, they could drop the wildcard spots, and make the rounds only 5 games long, and play to empty arenas.
Teams are being asked to work with the arenas to confirm availabilities to play in July.

I wouldn't say there is a near-zero chance.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Its something I've been noticing. Sask and Manitoba without. As of yesterday. Its disconcerting that the tracker is down today...

Atlantic Canada was faring pretty well too. Its almost like the places where people jetset from the most all tracked in this virus.

No brainer this was going to be a major problem in affluent parts of Europe and NA. The infection zones pretty much draw a 90% correlation with wealth.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Its something I've been noticing. Sask and Manitoba without. As of yesterday. Its disconcerting that the tracker is down today...

Atlantic Canada was faring pretty well too. Its almost like the places where people jetset from the most all tracked in this virus.

No brainer this was going to be a major problem in affluent parts of Europe and NA. The infection zones pretty much draw a 90% correlation with wealth.

Saskatoon reported its first case today.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
comment_1584025040PKhDoNzxNdNfZwX6WX7QjT,w400.jpg

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Better to try the proactive approach. The reactive one has not worked very well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad