Coronavirus in Football

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
BBC: Uefa have called an emergency meeting for Tuesday in which the possibility of postponing Euro 2020 by one year is an option being discussed.

European football's governing body will hold video conference meetings to discuss its response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Discussions will cover all domestic and European competitions, including Euro 2020.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
In most countries things have changed very quickly in terms of policy when it first started to change - even if it has to be said England seemingly for some reason are reacting to this completely different than anybody else in Western Europe at the moment - so maybe we will get one more round. My guess is still no to that.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
In most countries things have changed very quickly in terms of policy when it first started to change - even if it has to be said England seemingly for some reason are reacting to this completely different than anybody else in Western Europe at the moment - so maybe we will get one more round. My guess is still no to that.

I suspect they'll try empty stadiums first, if no player contracts the virus.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
In most countries things have changed very quickly in terms of policy when it first started to change - even if it has to be said England seemingly for some reason are reacting to this completely different than anybody else in Western Europe at the moment

No no, it's the other way around.

Everybody else in Western Europe is acting differently from England. These foreigners never learn to follow the example of their betters.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not sure why BoJo is so against some restrictions on movements etc. Imagine all the busses he could paint...

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
To me, it's not even an escape. Liverpool is real life. This is who I am. It's tattooed on my back. When my time is done and I go in the ground, it goes with me.

No, it doesn't make sense. If I could explain what it is with this club, I would. Some things are just meant to be.

Maybe I'm not as concerned as I should be and that's my privilege. I've got a pretty healthy household and I'll be able to work at home at full salary for awhile. If you can't do that, I hear you. You do you.

I just want our moment. I just want Henderson holding the title. I don't care if we do it in en empty arena. I don't care if we have to do it in the locker room. I don't care if we do it in somebody's house. I need one camera, the trophy, and Henderson. I just want that one image burned into my skull for the rest of my days.

You can call it selfish and it's definitely stupid. I can't change how I feel.

Is this reality?
You will have your moment later on the year but I can't believe I'm reading this, priority check in order.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
BBC: Uefa have called an emergency meeting for Tuesday in which the possibility of postponing Euro 2020 by one year is an option being discussed.

European football's governing body will hold video conference meetings to discuss its response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Discussions will cover all domestic and European competitions, including Euro 2020.

It only makes sense. I hope they do this and they finish the other regular seasons on june/july

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It'll be a delicate subject whether to finish this season's competition rather than just hope it'll have resolved itself by August. Some people say the 'peak' will only be in May which means even in June it might still be dicey enough to not restart things. They will likely only even consider restarting things when active cases are very much reduced again and new infections at a minute scale where they can be easily isolated. And that can really be a good amount of time.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
For those that want to take a look: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/covid-19-testing/

Not sure if this will ease your mind a little or not, as every country's response is different, but South Korea probably has the best representative of what COV-19 actually looks like beyond the initial hotspots (this is assuming a decent response and preparedness level, which every country should have at this point).

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

If this is true it seems rather irresponsible at this point. I'll happily watch but it will give me a sense of unease.

Reactions: King 88

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Is this reality?
You will have your moment later on the year but I can't believe I'm reading this, priority check in order.
We won't if they just cancel the season.

The Prime Minister is having meetings about canceling sporting events.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

If this is true it seems rather irresponsible at this point. I'll happily watch but it will give me a sense of unease.

Since you are now out of the EU all that excess money the NHS got has to be spent somewhere.....

Can't remember who said it. Might have been one of the podcasts I listened to today or something, but there are reasons to believe corona is already widespread in England. Having 20 infected people at a packed football stadium sounds like a brilliant idea.

Reactions: robertmac43

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Mikel Arteta has Coronavirus, that might be the season over then.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Would be truly shocking if they still played the games - even with empty stadiums.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Please FA, just cancel the season and erase it from existance, sincerely, every Arsenal fan.

Reactions: King 88

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
BoJo kinda asked for it by not just banning it outright. That's what he gets for believing in the market, the league will just hide behind the lack of an official ban and if things go wrong blame BoJo.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad