Coronavirus effects

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Restaurants and Bars ordered closed in Michigan today by 3pm by Governor Whitmer except for take-out.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Can we just not post rumors that have no qualified source . .this does nothing to help the situation

I respect what you have said. My rumors doesn't help the situation but people have already been hoarding water/tp/fruitopia/frozen berries/potato chips. The horse is already out of the barn imo.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I respect what you have said. My rumors doesn't help the situation but people have already been hoarding water/tp/fruitopia/frozen berries/potato chips. The horse is already out of the barn imo.

Looking at the big picture yes this is a serious situation but people need to use common sense and limit their own exposure situations. Simply wash your hands and use common sense.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
So because people are hoarding you think it's OK to post a rumour?

Both Trudeau and Ford have spoken today and none of what you said is being done.

FYI.. We left our house yesterday at 9am, went to No Frills, Farm Boy, and Shoppers Drug Mart, got everything wee needed and were gone for less than an hour ...

Reactions: Truthking

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Looking at the big picture yes this is a serious situation but people need to use common sense and limit their own exposure situations. Simply wash your hands and use common sense.

Absolutely but when you aren't getting strong messages from provincial leaders and national leaders it's not going to happen. For instance the borders are still open for Americans and with Michigan closing all those bars I would be a couple dollars some people from Michigan will be coming over here for St Paddys Day. I doubt the hoarding is going to stop it wasn't stopping today and was present on Thurs/Fri.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
So because people are hoarding you think it's OK to post a rumour?

Both Trudeau and Ford have spoken today and none of what you said is being done.

FYI.. We left our house yesterday at 9am, went to No Frills, Farm Boy, and Shoppers Drug Mart, got everything wee needed and were gone for less than an hour ...

Working from home, decided to take a look at the nearest grocer. Many shelves picked clean, will take some time to restock the GTA. I got the last bag of pasta, last package of cold cuts. Just stupid people in panic mode......

I even saw some of these clowns at the LCBO, shopping carts filled.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Line up at No Frills, security guard looks like a night club bouncer. Only allowing people in as people leave. Good thing I have some stuff in the freezer, but this is ridiculous.

member 71782

According to Trump's latest press conference worst of this could be done by July or August if all goes well. That's best case scenario and could still go on much longer.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
According to Trump's latest press conference worst of this could be done by July or August if all goes well. That's best case scenario and could still go on much longer.

Take a look at those Queen's University students nothing is going to stop them from a huge party tomorrow. This isn't getting better unfortunately.

member 71782

Take a look at those Queen's University students nothing is going to stop them from a huge party tomorrow. This isn't getting better unfortunately.

There's going to be a lot of people acting similarly unfortunately.

I would expect the lists of changes and expected changes is going to continue to grow and since most people these days have never understood or have had to endure restrictions on their personal behaviour/actions many of those changes will become less voluntary and more enforced.

People need to realize that personal actions will do the most in containing or further expanding the effects of this situation.

I've said it before, the US was on the same exact trajectory as Italy was two weeks ago but with a much larger population, less medical services available to a broader portion of the population it'll likely get much worse. Canada is currently closing it's borders with the international community, except the US which will put Canada on a similar path, add in all the snowbirds coming home and we'll be overwhelmed in the coming weeks.

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
I mean if you want to look at some stats and have a meltdown that the world is coming to an end then go ahead. I think most reasonable people can sit down and understand that the stats aren't 100% accurate and there's countless unreported cases out there because most places aren't equipped to do proper testing and lots of people don't have the same medical coverage we get. The hysteria isn't helping anything and it's just making the people most vulnerable even more vulnerable. If you want to believe the world is ending then go ahead but maybe think twice about the impact of pushing others to freak out with you.

40 million people isn’t the world coming to an end, but it’s a pretty serious pandemic. I’m not freaking out myself, but to anyone downplaying it like it’s just the flu is far from educated on the matter. If you want to say it’s not accurate because of unreported cases, then that’s fine. Facts:

reported cases are serious, and that’s what all math is based on. Math is also based on bare minimums, meaning if you want to include the high side, and go 60% will contract it, reported or not reported, then saying 20% of that are serious cases still takes your downplaying concerns into the matter, and still allows my math to be accurate. The mortality rate was also downplayed to 3%, which its higher than that amongst confirmed cases. 40 million people is amongst the low side of the guess, if the entire world is in fact at risk.

Reaction is the most important part. Sitting there waiting to see if you’re at risk is a good way to be at risk. You will never prove that over reacting to a pandemic was right or wrong, but I’ll be able to tell you in hindsight if under reaction has happened.

Speed trumps perfection. Making a quick decision, in the case of a global emergency is always going to be better than making the exact perfect one. That quick decision is to treat it like a global pandemic, and death is at risk. Treat it like that, and you can’t go wrong. Don’t treat it like that, and death could be your outcome.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Absolutely but when you aren't getting strong messages from provincial leaders and national leaders it's not going to happen. For instance the borders are still open for Americans and with Michigan closing all those bars I would be a couple dollars some people from Michigan will be coming over here for St Paddys Day. I doubt the hoarding is going to stop it wasn't stopping today and was present on Thurs/Fri.
Honestly closing the borders isn't going to do all the much at this point. Travel bans and bringing people back home should have happened back in January.Up until last week people were travelling all over without a care in the world and now look at where we are.

If this does end up going to past May a lot of people who work seasonal jobs are going to be absolutely devastated.

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
Honestly closing the borders isn't going to do all the much at this point. Travel bans and bringing people back home should have happened back in January.Up until last week people were travelling all over without a care in the world and now look at where we are.

If this does end up going to past May a lot of people who work seasonal jobs are going to be absolutely devastated.

If you look at the day by day in China and Italy, were exactly on par. As long as the precautions don’t halt, and they get even more serious about quarantining, not allowing any spread, recovery could go well. So far they’re on the right path but more needs to be done. If we were to mirror image (seeing as the day by day in China was eerily similar to the stage we are at now) we could be in recovery stage similar to China is now, by June.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
40 million people isn’t the world coming to an end, but it’s a pretty serious pandemic. I’m not freaking out myself, but to anyone downplaying it like it’s just the flu is far from educated on the matter. If you want to say it’s not accurate because of unreported cases, then that’s fine. Facts:

reported cases are serious, and that’s what all math is based on. Math is also based on bare minimums, meaning if you want to include the high side, and go 60% will contract it, reported or not reported, then saying 20% of that are serious cases still takes your downplaying concerns into the matter, and still allows my math to be accurate. The mortality rate was also downplayed to 3%, which its higher than that amongst confirmed cases. 40 million people is amongst the low side of the guess, if the entire world is in fact at risk.

Reaction is the most important part. Sitting there waiting to see if you’re at risk is a good way to be at risk. You will never prove that over reacting to a pandemic was right or wrong, but I’ll be able to tell you in hindsight if under reaction has happened.

Speed trumps perfection. Making a quick decision, in the case of a global emergency is always going to be better than making the exact perfect one. That quick decision is to treat it like a global pandemic, and death is at risk. Treat it like that, and you can’t go wrong. Don’t treat it like that, and death could be your outcome.
Honestly the numbers are what they are. Not enough tests are being done so it is what it is. Just because some people don't focus on that doesn't mean they don't take it seriously. All of the global leaders fluffed it off and failed to impose proper measures to avoid the spread and now we are where we are. It's a sit and wait game now.

The real killer is the economic impact of shutting everything down for who knows how long.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
If you look at the day by day in China and Italy, were exactly on par. As long as the precautions don’t halt, and they get even more serious about quarantining, not allowing any spread, recovery could go well. So far they’re on the right path but more needs to be done. If we were to mirror image (seeing as the day by day in China was eerily similar to the stage we are at now) we could be in recovery stage similar to China is now, by June.
A lot will depend on how people in large cities like Toronto act. Smaller places should be able to do well with containment. Time will tell.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I wonder if the Anti-Vaxers will go naked into next winter with no vaccinations for their kids.....

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If we look at some positives, it looks like the Corona Virus has cured Gluten Allegies. All the bread has straight up disappeared!

Keeping an eye out now on Peanut allegies....and Veganism.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad