Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
It's what he said man. I watched him, he said this is the new norm but there are going to be other measures. So what, trackers on your phones? Checkpoints? DNA ID tests? Wrist bands? Ankle bracelets? Tell me what you think those measures will be.

What he said-
In the speech
"As Dr. Tam explained, there will likely be smaller outbreaks for a number of months after that. This will be the new normal until a vaccine is developed."

In question period
“Normality as it was before will not come back full-on until we get a vaccine for this… "

That's what he said. Based on your posts what he said and what you heard might be two very different things though.

Also in the question period to deal with those future outbreaks-
faster more aggressive testing and contact tracing, increased hygiene, rapid return to full social distancing.

In H&S there are 5 types on hazard controls
Completely non-essential and actions deemed too risky will be eliminated or substituted out
Essential actions and some non essential things that can be made safer through PPE and engineer controls will do so

I'd imagine continued International and provincial travel restrictions will remain, as well as potential regional restrictions.

Last edited:

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I had many a chats with a good Colonel friend like a father to me, rode around in the jeeps. I know what this is, I know it very well. I am just saying that there are enough medical professionals that are raising red flags to warrant investigation but, apparently the majority of the populations is too scared to entertain discussion of those sorts, or are quick to disregard. That is the most alarming thing of all.
My counter argument to all of that is why would a country destroy their economy for nothing.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I imagine many people who lost their jobs and homes etc from this will be wanting an exhaustive investigation that undergoes vigorous scrutiny, if not a referendum on the powers and provisions of GOV if certain criteria are not met. I am not saying that's my line of thinking, it's just merely imagining the situation could become like that.

Fauci saying there could only be 60k deaths? That's about a normal flu season if the case.

That's actually double a normal flu season. It's usually around 35,000.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Just a guy looking for answers man, I don't even know what's going on outside what you can observe.

Wait... You don't know what's going on? Then why have you been spouting nonsense and conspiracy theories and saying everything is BS all day long for weeks on end in this thread? You sure as hell act like you know it all.

I guess that means you no longer believe this is a biological weapon attack?

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
That I will agree with you. The other part of opening everything I don't. If you listened to Trudeau today the world we live in now is the new normal til there is a vaccine.

I didn't interpret it that way. I interpreted it as things won't be completely back to normal until there's a vaccine. I would be shocked if they don't ease restrictions after the first wave is gone. There's no way in hell our economy can sustain this for more than a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad