Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
When Trump “touted” this therapy the MSM and their twitter verse doctors claimed it would literally kill people, ignoring the fact that Drs were already aware of the risk.
Now, the combination does work in some cases ( I’ve seen it first hand) yet the scientist don’t know exactly why.
We all should be thankful that CNN or Fox are not dictating orders to our medical professionals.

Both drugs can kill people.

CNN while not perfect is far from the public relations branch of the DJT administration that Fox has become.

You've seen it first hand eh? Uhhh huh... sure you have...

I'm not a scientist and I can tell you exactly how both drugs work, one suppresses your body's overreaction to the virus and the other kills bacteria.... which as we all know Covid-19 is a virus not bacteria.. so both drugs have ZERO direct effect on the virus but do help the body regulate the response to the virus and the antibiotic helps support the body's immune system to ward off bacterial infections while Hdroxy is doing its thing... because if your immune system is suppressed by Hydroxy you are more likely to catch a bacterial infection while in the hospital than you are outside the hospital. Pretty simple concept.

To say the scientist don't know why, is underestimating the education of anyone who has a "Dr." in front of their name. They know exactly why it works in some cases and they know exactly what it does to the body. When you said they don't even know why, you really sound like you are direct quoting Slow Donnie.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I imagine many people who lost their jobs and homes etc from this will be wanting an exhaustive investigation that undergoes vigorous scrutiny, if not a referendum on the powers and provisions of GOV if certain criteria are not met. I am not saying that's my line of thinking, it's just merely imagining the situation could become like that.

Fauci saying there could only be 60k deaths? That's about a normal flu season if the case.

Because of mitigation the models suggest 60 k deaths. Remember, he switched from containment to mitigation in early to mid March.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Sure some small businesses will go under and never come back. Much like we are gonna lose too many lives. But most will come back at some point and bring back some jobs over time. The banks are providing 6 month payback deferrals if you ask. The real issue is how fast businesses bring back employees. I am not prepared to hazard a guess but pretty sure no way it is by this summer and probably no longer than 3 years out or 18 months after vaccine comes out. Now that said if da wage subsidy of 75% gets passed and applies across da board with no strings for as long as pandemic lasts then it will be closer to this summer than 3 years out. My issue is I am holding onto a couple hundred working from home right now in hopes this gets passed soon. I can't do it before Easter. It is not in me. But if things start to delay next week then I start do layoffs next week. I should not have to take on a 1M temp loan personally and wait wait wait. But we will see.

If you are any business in a potentially NOW volatile sector, you close shop and never come back if you have any brains. Not without assurances, believe me I know what I am talking about. The risk reward is not there for existing business' even. It's time to start leaving the market for good for many SBO's. It's a seasonal thing (virus), sell and do business elsewhere or retire. Party is over bud, country is unstable and that will be my first letter to GOV Ontario and Representatives. They will tell me where to invest by their actions and level of transparency....

Maybe it will be in $US or perhaps in Precious metals or perhaps in Land holdings or perhaps it will be better for me to head to Europe. Forced vaccinations are not appealing to me considering the science behind creating a vaccination for the common cold does not really gel. Treatments work for some things mind you, but for me every vaccination has triggered a negative response for me so would you have that forced upon me?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
What I'd like to know is which Act they are applying and whether it is provincial or federal. The police claim it is "section 18" but neither section or part 18 refer to that.

Sounds like potentially enforcing something with a lot of holes. For example, I sold my house 4 months ago. My driver's license does not reflect where I live. Also can't change it.

It's in the state of emergency order, I think the one here in NB is section 18 too, it says anyone who is purposely not observing the 2m self distancing rule can be fined, it also says if the 2m is not observed an its unintentional you wont be fined.

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Corporate/pdf/EmergencyUrgence19.pdf

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

She starts out at Feb 9th, then did another update on April 5th

For some of the idiots out there, fear mongering is the only way they get just how serious this virus can be. If you are smart enough to be able to make an informed opinion on your own, all the fear mongering in the world is just back ground noise, for the easily entertained, maybe they should be scared.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Because of mitigation the models suggest 60 k deaths. Remember, he switched from containment to mitigation in early to mid March.

But some Doctors are saying it's these certain high risk groups that are dying. The same high risk groups that should have been isolated in the first place and their doctors / nurses / PSWs mandated to wear PPE months ago. The 100k figure from Ontario was over 2 YEARS and with no response. If 90% of the deaths are over 70 years old and have multiple health issues, common sense suggests you quarantine those people and continue on with life as normal the best you can.

Reactions: mmalady

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Just heard on the radio 10% of all restaurants in Canada have closed outright now. That's crazy already and we're just at the beginning of the shutdown.

Those 10%, were Restaurants that were probably headed for the same spot some time in the next year. If you don't have cash reserves to be able to float your business or yourself for at least 6 months without income/revenue, you are on a slippery slope.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Obviously, only things that are public can be shared with the public, private information is protected and cannot be shared.

I understand, but your word is honestly less credible than that Doctor who put their name and face to a claim. You have no skin on the table, and could have an agenda of your own. Not being disrespectful in any way just pointing out the truth of the matter. I just want honest accounting of all this, there should most certainly be an truly independent inquiry, full transparency and tbh probably a referendum about this in the event it happens in the future.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
If you are any business in a potentially NOW volatile sector, you close shop and never come back if you have any brains. Not without assurances, believe me I know what I am talking about. The risk reward is not there for existing business' even. It's time to start leaving the market for good for many SBO's. It's a seasonal thing (virus), sell and do business elsewhere or retire. Party is over bud, country is unstable and that will be my first letter to GOV Ontario and Representatives. They will tell me where to invest by their actions and level of transparency....

Maybe it will be in $US or perhaps in Precious metals or perhaps in Land holdings or perhaps it will be better for me to head to Europe. Forced vaccinations are not appealing to me considering the science behind creating a vaccination for the common cold does not really gel. Treatments work for some things mind you, but for me every vaccination has triggered a negative response for me so would you have that forced upon me?
You are oversimplifying things man. It is not that easy. What are people going to do with their buildings that house our workers. and da business loans that are outstanding on working capital and fixed assets. and severance payouts to employees. and obligations to customer contracts signed for multiple years.
Sure if you have a corner store and no mortgage and 1 or 2 part time employees yeah you can go away in a heart beat. Sell your store assets for pennies on dollar, pay some severance and list your real estate and move to Cuba.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Those 10%, were Restaurants that were probably headed for the same spot some time in the next year. If you don't have cash reserves to be able to float your business or yourself for at least 6 months without income/revenue, you are on a slippery slope.

This is an assumption. I can tell you some local business owners at the Chamber will be closing down and not be coming back because of the instability. From the surface without more information, it would seem the ball was dropped. Seniors homes and vulnerable people (known in JANUARY) should have been quarantined and protected off the hop. PPE mandated, it was a complete failure of the Minister of Health.

Reactions: IPS

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Both drugs can kill people.

CNN while not perfect is far from the public relations branch of the DJT administration that Fox has become.

You've seen it first hand eh? Uhhh huh... sure you have...

I'm not a scientist and I can tell you exactly how both drugs work, one suppresses your body's overreaction to the virus and the other kills bacteria.... which as we all know Covid-19 is a virus not bacteria.. so both drugs have ZERO direct effect on the virus but do help the body regulate the response to the virus and the antibiotic helps support the body's immune system to ward off bacterial infections while Hdroxy is doing its thing... because if your immune system is suppressed by Hydroxy you are more likely to catch a bacterial infection while in the hospital than you are outside the hospital. Pretty simple concept.

To say the scientist don't know why, is underestimating the education of anyone who has a "Dr." in front of their name. They know exactly why it works in some cases and they know exactly what it does to the body. When you said they don't even know why, you really sound like you are direct quoting Slow Donnie.
Where did you quote that from?
I spoke directly to the Dr who was treating our patient (no HIPAA violation as I’m privy to the PHI and had clearance from the patient)

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You are oversimplifying things man. It is not that easy. What are people going to do with their buildings that house our workers. and da business loans that are outstanding on working capital and fixed assets. and severance payouts to employees. and obligations to customer contracts signed for multiple years.
Sure if you have a corner store and no mortgage and 1 or 2 part time employees yeah you can go away in a heart beat. Sell your store assets for pennies on dollar, pay some severance and list your real estate and move to Cuba.

I think you took the example too far. If the local Chamber is a measure, you'll see what happens and you won't like it. Confidence is rocked, shattered and many people are asking more questions about if the measures were warranted all the time. Canada, she was a good well, she is dry now but there are other things to do after a bubble bursts.

We'll all find out sooner or later! I think I need another Covid19 HFBoards break to sip some drinks and look at the lake, maybe take the peddle boat out, i'll lift one up for you though and toss you a symbolic wink. Good luck out there.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
This is an assumption. I can tell you some local business owners at the Chamber will be closing down and not be coming back because of the instability. From the surface without more information, it would seem the ball was dropped. Seniors homes and vulnerable people (known in JANUARY) should have been quarantined and protected off the hop. PPE mandated, it was a complete failure of the Minister of Health.
That I will agree with you. The other part of opening everything I don't. If you listened to Trudeau today the world we live in now is the new normal til there is a vaccine.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
That I will agree with you. The other part of opening everything I don't. If you listened to Trudeau today the world we live in now is the new normal til there is a vaccine.

There is no vaccine for a mutating cold virus. They haven't found the freaking cure for a common cold ever and even when they administer a vaccine it often makes people feel ill and doesn't treat the correct strain of the season. Please explain the logic behind what the man has said.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
But some Doctors are saying it's these certain high risk groups that are dying. The same high risk groups that should have been isolated in the first place and their doctors / nurses / PSWs mandated to wear PPE months ago. The 100k figure from Ontario was over 2 YEARS and with no response. If 90% of the deaths are over 70 years old and have multiple health issues, common sense suggests you quarantine those people and continue on with life as normal the best you can.

We’re certainly going to move on, and hopefully quite soon. The things they learn everyday about the virus and disease will determine just what that looks like. They must be feeling good about what they learning.
The Trump Administration is setting up a 2nd covid task force that will look at opening the economy and developing the “new normal” guidelines. Hopefully we get back to sitting in arenas watching live hockey games sooner rather than later.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
There is no vaccine for a mutating cold virus. They haven't found the freaking cure for a common cold ever and even when they administer a vaccine it often makes people feel ill and doesn't treat the correct strain of the season. Please explain the logic behind what the man has said.
Nobody really knows what this virus is. We know it's not the flu and no one has ever said it's a common cold either. Til people understand it's not the deaths they are worried about, its having our hospitals being able to cope with multiple cases at once.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Well, there are what over 200 viruses that can be combined to create the "common" cold?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Most years they get it right. This year was one they didn't. Clearly it is not an exact science but to say it is a wild a** guess is not correct either.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

First off it does not OFTEN make people sick, and they pick the top most popular strains of seasonal flu.
Had the Flu terrible years ago (no vaccine), took the vaccine since, never had it again, just colds.
Enjoy your covid19 break.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

No, that is not the takeway, except for in it's most sensationalist form.

New normal refers to living with the virus, with the likelihood of having to implement controls and safeguards as needed to prevent major outbreaks from recurring.

No return to normality refers to a complete 100% return to the way things were that isn't happening.

Two separate thoughts, that neither separately nor combined mean that the exact way things are today is how they will remain until there is a vaccine.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Most years they get it right. This year was one they didn't. Clearly it is not an exact science but to say it is a wild a** guess is not correct either.

Wow great, 60% or down to 10%. Fantastic for the people with terrible immune responses to the damn things.

Why flu vaccines so often fail

"The most commonly used flu shots protect no more than 60% of people who receive them; some years, effectiveness plunges to as low as 10%. Given that a bad flu season can kill 50,000 people in the United States alone, "10% to 60% protection is better than nothing," says Michael Osterholm, an epidemiologist at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis."

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
No, that is not the takeway, except for in it's most sensationalist form.

New normal refers to living with the virus, with the likelihood of having to implement controls and safeguards as needed to prevent major outbreaks from recurring.

No return to normality refers to a complete 100% return to the way things were that isn't happening.

Two separate thoughts, that neither separately nor combined mean that the exact way things are today is how they will remain until there is a vaccine.

It's what he said man. I watched him, he said this is the new norm but there are going to be other measures. So what, trackers on your phones? Checkpoints? DNA ID tests? Wrist bands? Ankle bracelets? Tell me what you think those measures will be.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
It's what he said man. I watched him, he said this is the new norm but there are going to be other measures. So what, trackers on your phones? Checkpoints? DNA ID tests? Wrist bands? Ankle bracelets? Tell me what you think those measures will be.
There is a reason they have got all the military together in Borden.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
There is a reason they have got all the military together in Borden.

I had many a chats with a good Colonel friend like a father to me, rode around in the jeeps. I know what this is, I know it very well. I am just saying that there are enough medical professionals that are raising red flags to warrant investigation but, apparently the majority of the populations is too scared to entertain discussion of those sorts, or are quick to disregard. That is the most alarming thing of all.

Reactions: mmalady
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia