Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
just reading through the last few pages in this topic tells me that even the most obedient people are becoming impatient and now starting to ask questions. That's a really good sign.

Maybe many of the branch Covidiots are finally seeing the light and are leaving the covid cult behind. I mean there's a difference between being concerned about something and being completely consumed by it and unfortunately our politicians, supposed medical experts and the media are mostly in the latter catergory.

Hopefully more people will begin to stop blindly believing all the hysteria pushed by our leaders and the media and start to do some research themselves and see the actual covid facts and that the numbers even coming from the government themselves paints a picture that is far, FAR less scary than what the many people would have you believe.

We need many more people to have a Neo moment where they finally see the light and break free from the covid matrix.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
My conspiracy world???

Oh, so prove anything I said to be wrong - just one thing. Because all the current evidence that says I am right.

I get it is scary. I don't want it either. But stop listening to CNN as your only source, please?

This KB would help your arguement.

Stop proclaiming that CNN or any left leaning media is wrong all the time.

Yor agenda arguement holds water until you paint yourself in a corner pretending everything and one who disagrees with you is on it.

Is CNN biased? Of course.

Is Fox. Absolutely. So are alternative websites that proclaim to say the have the real news. Objectivity is dead. You can't argue that people watch one form of media amd say they are brainwashed because you watch another and the stories contradict.

If everyone has an agenda, why are you so sure the form of media you chose to follow doesn't?

Freethinkers have the ability to digest all sides of the equastion.

Objective news is dead. It's all subjective now.

If you truly believe the videos you posted are any better than what CNN has to offer than you are deluding yourself.

Mass confusion seems to be the name of the game, sprinkled in with division. We fall for it so easily.

No one wants to to be the guy standing with egg on their face. We all just are products of our environments and have tried to educate ourselves the best we can.

Commen sense would say the truth lies somewhere in the middle of these polarised debates. One thing is for certain though.

We need to respect and not censor the opinions of others, no matter how far out of reality thwy may be

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
This KB would help your arguement.

Stop proclaiming that CNN or any left leaning media is wrong all the time.

Yor agenda arguement holds water until you paint yourself in a corner pretending everything and one who disagrees with you is on it.

Is CNN biased? Of course.

Is Fox. Absolutely. So are alternative websites that proclaim to say the have the real news. Objectivity is dead. You can't argue that people watch one form of media amd say they are brainwashed because you watch another and the stories contradict.

If everyone has an agenda, why are you so sure the form of media you chose to follow doesn't?

Freethinkers have the ability to digest all sides of the equastion.

Objective news is dead. It's all subjective now.

If you truly believe the videos you posted are any better than what CNN has to offer than you are deluding yourself.

Mass confusion seems to be the name of the game, sprinkled in with division. We fall for it so easily.

No one wants to to be the guy standing with egg on their face. We all just are products of our environments and have tried to educate ourselves the best we can.

Commen sense would say the truth lies somewhere in the middle of these polarised debates. One thing is for certain though.

We need to respect and not censor the opinions of others, no matter how far out of reality thwy may be

CNN is a propaganda machine that monetizes views from dividing people via fear and lieing. They are a cancer to society

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
CNN is a propaganda machine that monetizes views from dividing people via fear and lieing. They are a cancer to society

How so more than any other form of media?

I don't disagree they have an agenda, but what is their goal besides getting Trump out of office?

Do they present an objective view? No..

Who does?

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Maybe many of the branch Covidiots are finally seeing the light and are leaving the covid cult behind. I mean there's a difference between being concerned about something and being completely consumed by it and unfortunately our politicians, supposed medical experts and the media are mostly in the latter catergory.

Hopefully more people will begin to stop blindly believing all the hysteria pushed by our leaders and the media and start to do some research themselves and see the actual covid facts and that the numbers even coming from the government themselves paints a picture that is far, FAR less scary than what the many people would have you believe.

We need many more people to have a Neo moment where they finally see the light and break free from the covid matrix.

I change my mind constantly between thinking this virus is going to result in a brutal second wave and that this virus is basically a hoax. Sometimes I think it's both.

I think the second wave could be catastrophic because I think the virus is seasonal like the common cold. The reason the first wave wasn't too bad, was because the virus only started spreading near the end of the cold season. The second wave could be much worse because the virus had a solid base of people to spread it and it's been growing since the start of the cold season. Therefore, cases should continue to rise until around April and then start to decline in May. That's about 5 more months of virus growth which gives it plenty of time to really spread to far more people than during the first wave. Therefore, we might see hospitals get overrun, ice rinks used as temporary morgues, and all the horrible things that we initially feared.

On the other hand, this virus isn't very deadly to people under 60. I think we're seeing a lot of deaths being classified as COVID even though the co-morbidities were likely the primary cause of death. We always see more deaths and hospitalizations this time of year, so this recent increase is not unexpected. The overall death rate over the course of the year doesn't seem to be significantly higher than previous years. The global death toll is under 1.5 million right now which out of global population of 7.8 billion is really not bad at all. Obviously it's horrible when even one single person dies... but I think it's an over-reaction to shut down the global economy over 1.5 million deaths. Initially, we didn't know much about this virus and most experts were predicting significantly more deaths.

What I do know for sure is that this virus is being used to push an agenda and take our freedom. The economic implications are significant.

I still believe in personal freedom and I think that people should be able to make their own choices. I still personally don't want to catch this virus... not because I'm afraid of dying, but because I don't know what the long term implications of having this virus might be and I don't want to become a "long-hauler" and have issues for months and months. So I'm fine just chilling inside. Everyone else can do what they want, but I'll just stay home and see how this all plays out.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

DaWatcher

Jul 21, 2020
How so more than any other form of media?

I don't disagree they have an agenda, but what is their goal besides getting Trump out of office?

Do they present an objective view? No..

Who does?

You will find bias everywhere you look. What you are seeing today is the outcome of the age of disinformation. Everything is tried in the public court and subsequently obfuscated.

A lot of people have told me the Toronto Star is a leftist leaning newspaper. Some of their writers are, some of their writers aren't.

The ultimate truth is everything on every channel is literally garbage, and do you know why? Because they exist for views, clicks, and ratings, over journalistic integrity.

Both CNN and Fox are owned by the same likeminded people that want to keep America divided.

I consider myself a conservative, but I wouldn't trust Tucker Carlson's journalistic integrity after he 'lost the Hunter Biden evidence in the mail.' In the same way, I don't trust CNN to cover the very legitimate accusations of election fraud.

The Canadian media was given 600 million dollars by the Liberals. Do you think the media will bite the hand that feeds them?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
You will find bias everywhere you look. What you are seeing today is the outcome of the age of disinformation. Everything is tried in the public court and subsequently obfuscated.

A lot of people have told me the Toronto Star is a leftist leaning newspaper. Some of their writers are, some of their writers aren't.

The ultimate truth is everything on every channel is literally garbage, and do you know why? Because they exist for views, clicks, and ratings, over journalistic integrity.

Both CNN and Fox are owned by the same likeminded people that want to keep America divided.

I consider myself a conservative, but I wouldn't trust Tucker Carlson's journalistic integrity after he 'lost the Hunter Biden evidence in the mail.' In the same way, I don't trust CNN to cover the very legitimate accusations of election fraud.

The Canadian media was given 600 million dollars by the Liberals. Do you think the media will bite the hand that feeds them?

Brother, I don't doubt a thing you say.

It is very difficult in todays world to figure out what is truth.

As for the election fraud, go back to 2000 and know that it has happened every year, by both sides.

Trump was just shrewd enough to exploit it.

Oddly enough, I started listening to Tucker more after he called out Lindsay. Also, he was the first Fox employee to say Covid was a real issue.

If you follow everyrhing he has ever said, you know where he stands, but at least he tries to be factual.

He does twist facts to support his opinion, but he usually doesn't flat out lie

DaWatcher

Jul 21, 2020

Andrew Coyne? And behind a paywall no less?

Trudeau called a pandemic that wiped out almost all of our seniors in long term care homes an 'opportunity'. This pandemic has seen an unprecedent shift in wealth from the middle class to the upper class. While big box transnational corporations are open, mom and pop stores are forced to close. People are committing suicide at higher rates.

If you actually believe the euphemisms that are echoed by the World Economic Forum than you are probably in the demoralization phase. Sustainable development doesn't mean what you actually think it means. The same people that own the Oil industry own all the 'sustainable and renewable' energy development industries as well. I would suggest you watch Over the Barrel.

As a Canadian, I didn't not vote for a government that wants to surrender all of our rights to extranational organizations like the United Nations or the WEF.

Ask yourself this at the very least, do you trust the people that broke the system in the first place to rebuild and improve it?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Andrew Coyne? And behind a paywall no less?

Trudeau called a pandemic that wiped out almost all of our seniors in long term care homes an 'opportunity'. This pandemic has seen an unprecedent shift in wealth from the middle class to the upper class. While big box transnational corporations are open, mom and pop stores are forced to close. People are committing suicide at higher rates.

If you actually believe the euphemisms that are echoed by the World Economic Forum than you are probably in the demoralization phase. Sustainable development doesn't mean what you actually think it means. The same people that own the Oil industry own all the 'sustainable and renewable' energy development industries as well. I would suggest you watch Over the Barrel.

As a Canadian, I didn't not vote for a government that wants to surrender all of our rights to extranational organizations like the United Nations or the WEF.

Ask yourself this at the very least, do you trust the people that broke the system in the first place to rebuild and improve it?

That my friend is a very fair question

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
went out tonight to do a few things. of note:

most places were open. The small mom/pop grocery stores, convenience stores, even a famous local restaurant (mom/pop restaurant for 30+ years) was open- you go in, order at the cash register and wait for your food, just like always. It's right near the 401. You just can't go in to the little dining area to eat - but no ever did in the first place, this joint has always been walk in the front door, place your order with the cashier then step aside while they make your food and let the next person in line place their order. So where is all this "mom and pop stores are shut down"... I haven't seen any of them shut down and believe me I have been paying attention. They are all open.

Toronto went into this panic "red zone" mode and literally nothing has changed. lol. whatever was open before is still open now. they tried to scare us with the red color chart but there is nothing different LOL. what they are doing is surreal.

Went to 3 different big box stores tonight. All open, and crammed with people. Holiday shoppers. No one paying attention to how many are in the store. Walk right in. Big corporate box stores (you know who they are). Absolutely f-all in terms of "physical distancing", some masks half on/half off, I even watched a guy push open the entrance doors to get into the place (it was supposed to be the new next "exit" doors but he just pushed it open like a closing elevator and walked in, all while an an employee sitting inside on a chair watched him do it with a smile). No joke. More power to him, we need more of him. I assumed this employee was supposed to be taking a count of how many people come in/out but this one was paying no attention.

The news is feeding us pure fear and propaganda. What they are trying to sell us does not under any circumstances reflect what is actually going on. We are all being hoodwinked and the sooner people start to see this the better. Instead of mask-wearing auto-complying, these people should go out there and see for themselves how much of this is a lie. Go and see all the small mom/pop businesses that are still open. You will find them everywhere. Why are they still open? They're supposed to closed.

We all get angry when we hear about these small business closures but where they hell are they? Everything I looked for tonight was open as usual, and I was paying special attention to the small family businesses. Electronic shops, small grocers, convenience, dollar stores, everything- it's all good to go. And big box as usual- loaded with people getting their holiday shopping in. No one is going for this b.s. they are feeding us any more lol. What you see on your TV on the "6 o'clock news" is absolutely NOT what is actually happening out there

Last edited:
Reactions: Nineteen67

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I agree with you... I’ve been paying attention when I go out and the stores are loaded... people are everywhere

I’m convinced the panic pushers online are a vocal minority

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I agree with you... I’ve been paying attention when I go out and the stores are loaded... people are everywhere

I’m convinced the panic pushers online are a vocal minority

it's all b.s. man. I see it with my own two eyes every day. Most places are open. And I say to myself why are they open?

Well they're open because the propaganda we're fed every day from the cbc and cnn and fox and cnn and ctv is simply false... the proof is right in our own neighbourhoods for us all to see. Just go out and look for yourselves!!

Go out today to your local plazas. See for yourselves.

You will find that the vast majority of stores, both big biz and small biz are open as usual.

And all this, after the new "red zone" measures LOL

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Huh? That turned out to be true and FedEx apologized and they eventually recovered and delivered the package.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Brother, I don't doubt a thing you say.

It is very difficult in todays world to figure out what is truth.

As for the election fraud, go back to 2000 and know that it has happened every year, by both sides.

Trump was just shrewd enough to exploit it.

Oddly enough, I started listening to Tucker more after he called out Lindsay. Also, he was the first Fox employee to say Covid was a real issue.

If you follow everyrhing he has ever said, you know where he stands, but at least he tries to be factual.

He does twist facts to support his opinion, but he usually doesn't flat out lie

And although he clearly has a right wing bias, he's not afraid to call out right wing politicians and has many times. I get that he grates on people though. Meh, I enjoy his monologues to be honest. I've never really watched anything else on Fox News.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
it's all b.s. man. I see it with my own two eyes every day. Most places are open. And I say to myself why are they open?

Well they're open because the propaganda we're fed every day from the cbc and cnn and fox and cnn and ctv is simply false... the proof is right in our own neighbourhoods for us all to see. Just go out and look for yourselves!!

Go out today to your local plazas. See for yourselves.

You will find that the vast majority of stores, both big biz and small biz are open as usual.

And all this, after the new "red zone" measures LOL
Laugh all you want. Its great businesses are open. I don't want any business to close. For me personally all I wanted to see from people is too follow the simple rules that were put out from the beginning. Wear a mask, practice social distancing, wash your hands stay home when sick.

After reading and posting here I am now seeing why most people act the way they do. There is far too many who don't care. I have to deal with rude and inconsiderate people since this started. People complaining about wearing a mask or not giving others space. More and more I really start to realize why I have not been a people person. I don't care what you believe but if a business has rules just follow them and go on about your day. Its mentally and physically exhausting dealing with people since this started.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I read tonnes of news, literally several hours a day. I would say the closest we have to a balanced news source in Canada is the Globe and Mail.
Exactly, one has to do their own research and not blindly trust media. Here is my go to as far as deaths in Canada.

Weekly death counts: Interactive tool

Yes, it's behind by about 2 months because it takes that long to roll up the numbers and post them. The dashed line is 2020. Look at the most recent week available (week 38) for example. Canada-wide, the average number of deaths for the 6 year period for that week prior to 2020 is approximately 4900. In 2020, the number dropped to 4215.

If one selects Ontario, it is even more striking. The prior 6 year average deaths for week 38 is roughly 1900. In 2020, that number sunk to 1050 - almost 45% LESS deaths.

Yet here is the ominous CNN headline from our PM roughly around this same time period.

Trudeau says Covid-19 second wave already happening in Canada - CNN

How about CBC?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-ontario-cases-data-1.5726687

So if all these measures we are subjected to aren't about preventing excess deaths caused by Covid, then what is this really all about?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Can the average person get a haircut where small business is shut down? What about at Walmart are they still allowed to cut hair and paint nails?

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I change my mind constantly between thinking this virus is going to result in a brutal second wave and that this virus is basically a hoax. Sometimes I think it's both.

I think the second wave could be catastrophic because I think the virus is seasonal like the common cold. The reason the first wave wasn't too bad, was because the virus only started spreading near the end of the cold season. The second wave could be much worse because the virus had a solid base of people to spread it and it's been growing since the start of the cold season. Therefore, cases should continue to rise until around April and then start to decline in May. That's about 5 more months of virus growth which gives it plenty of time to really spread to far more people than during the first wave. Therefore, we might see hospitals get overrun, ice rinks used as temporary morgues, and all the horrible things that we initially feared.

On the other hand, this virus isn't very deadly to people under 60. I think we're seeing a lot of deaths being classified as COVID even though the co-morbidities were likely the primary cause of death. We always see more deaths and hospitalizations this time of year, so this recent increase is not unexpected. The overall death rate over the course of the year doesn't seem to be significantly higher than previous years. The global death toll is under 1.5 million right now which out of global population of 7.8 billion is really not bad at all. Obviously it's horrible when even one single person dies... but I think it's an over-reaction to shut down the global economy over 1.5 million deaths. Initially, we didn't know much about this virus and most experts were predicting significantly more deaths.

What I do know for sure is that this virus is being used to push an agenda and take our freedom. The economic implications are significant.

I still believe in personal freedom and I think that people should be able to make their own choices. I still personally don't want to catch this virus... not because I'm afraid of dying, but because I don't know what the long term implications of having this virus might be and I don't want to become a "long-hauler" and have issues for months and months. So I'm fine just chilling inside. Everyone else can do what they want, but I'll just stay home and see how this all plays out.

I believe this virus is real...not a hoax. But at the same time I also believe there is pretty much nothing you can do to stop it from burning through our society...it will come through and there is nothing you can do to stop it. If you are concerned for yourself and want to stay home..you should be able to do that. At the same time...if you are willing to go out and are not concerned...you should be able to do that as well. IMO we are literally doing a shamman dance trying to prevent the sun from coming up in the morning and then blaming one of the dancers for doing it wrong when the sun crests the horizon once again. Just allow people who are concerned to stay out of the way. I had it already as did my family...why shouldn't we have some freedom? And before anyone says you can get reinfected...my family was sick in January and i got it in November...they did not get it again...my son went for a test friday and came back negative.

Reactions: Korg

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
one thing I've come to notice is the virus sure seeks out the conservative minded anti maskers.

I'm shocked how many people who advocate about "open everything back up" have already had the virus. It's almost becoming comical.

Like there's a scout badge to wear or something, proudly exclaiming "I've had the virus, and I'm still alive - look at me" :)

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I believe this virus is real...not a hoax. But at the same time I also believe there is pretty much nothing you can do to stop it from burning through our society...it will come through and there is nothing you can do to stop it. If you are concerned for yourself and want to stay home..you should be able to do that. At the same time...if you are willing to go out and are not concerned...you should be able to do that as well. IMO we are literally doing a shamman dance trying to prevent the sun from coming up in the morning and then blaming one of the dancers for doing it wrong when the sun crests the horizon once again. Just allow people who are concerned to stay out of the way. I had it already as did my family...why shouldn't we have some freedom? And before anyone says you can get reinfected...my family was sick in January and i got it in November...they did not get it again...my son went for a test friday and came back negative.
Re-infection would be exceedingly rare. I suspect most "re-infections" are simply a function of one of the tests being a false positive.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

the hoax isn’t the virus itself, but the response and coverage of the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad