Coronavirus discussion thread (no political debates) VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The amount of people 50+ I see out and about
I get coffee at McDonald’s (the monopoly got me into a habit driving my wife to work and can’t break it yet) and there is an 80 year old lady who works the register... she’s my hero to be honest
McDonald is addictive. I remembered rarely going to McDonald since Uni days and the moment it opens one literally right next to where I was working, I ended them going there at least three times a week(actually 3/5 days as I worked weekdays only), and sometime twice a week.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If they are not doing well before COVID, don’t think they are doing any better now.
Point still stand that not all big companies are doing well and not all small companies are struggling. At the end of the day, it is consumer choice.
If people decide to shop on Amazon, usually for cheaper price and have free delivery, that was happening before COVID. Even before COVID, as much as I want to support and build relationships with local stores and communities, most of them just don’t sell stuff that I would purchase or only purchase once in a full moon. Dining out is something I tend to choose local restaurants all the time and i rarely go to restaurants chains.
I just find that a lot of small businesses are selling very specific products. For example, there is this place at my hood that sells very neat hand craft decorations. They are extremely nice. But even before COVID, they were just doing okay.
Now I am basing this on what’s happening around me, as I do live in Vancouver and most local business are often restaurants.
They are regrouping actually and they have assets. They have their own real-estate division now. This is just a regroup. Not done at all. Hudson Bay aims to ‘unleash’ real estate values

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They are regrouping actually and they have assets. They have their own real-estate division now. This is just a regroup. Not done at all. Hudson Bay aims to ‘unleash’ real estate values
Hudson Bay is one of those companies where their retail is really only a small portion of their business, kind of like billionaire owning sports teams.
My point, which I really didn't state it outright, is the fact that local and/or small businesses might already be doing just okay or barely surviving even before COVID.
COVID hits everyone differently and a lot of businesses are suffering. All we can do is shop and order from those stores and restaurants.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
They are not harmful in schools.
You acknowledged that masks is useful in crowded places but don’t you know that kids do sit in groups and next to each other. Also
if teachers actually make the kids to wear masks in PE, that’s more on the teachers than masks.

Like I said, I am not here to convince anyone. It is your choice not to wear a mask, it is also your choice to drive over the speed limit or park in no parking zone or your choice to eat steak instead of fish for dinner.

It may not be clear how much wearing masks helps to reduce spread. But it seems like such a small sacrifice to make if it has even a small benefit.

I like to think that the Canadian way is to look out for each other and value courtesy. Refusing to wear a mask in public is not a personal choice. It's a decision that potentially puts others at risk. And that's not cool.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Ummm I’m not going to blame them solely. I see all ages scowling at the whole deal actually. I can remember when i was all full of p!ss and vinegar and felt invincible too. Fact is they have less risk of it being fatal than older people. I think most try actually. I heard younger guys telling their buds in the grocery store not to touch everything if they aren’t buying it for example. I seen, Sixties age people complain about this stuff is going to dry my skin the hell out when getting sprayed with hand sanitizer going in to the store ha. They are more socially out there yes. Disrespectful I don’t think. I have faith in them always. Its a mix bag that are blatantly ignorant about it.
You can actually buy home tests for family members if you plan who is coming for Christmas dinner for example. This doesn’t have to be a frenzy lock your family out of your house deal. I research everything because i like to learn about it. I have never heard it expressed on the CBC or CTV or Trudeau or anyone thats trying to locker down that you can buy a test for family. That’s shady for me.
People need to take a breath and be cool. Thats all. I will try being cool with everyone’s take. I got kind of hot headed there for a bit with opinions. We have to at least listen and respond with respect for people’s views. Politicians are off the rails. No matter who they are or what stripe they are or provincially or federally or municipally, they all have to be removed next chance a election comes. They need to be removed. New blood after this is important and i voted liberal federally. They all have to be changed out. I think thats a message we can let them know is coming. They are not doing us as citizens a solid at any level.
Now we all get along and come together to remove them. With the mixed messages and lack of leadership they have at every level, the least we can do is let them know we didn’t appreciate it. I think that message is something we can start getting out there tomorrow. Have fun boys and girls but you are all gone. Thats how we come together. Oh oh i got long winded. Hope that made sense, got a few in me ha
I understand your side of it. I personally think politicians are doing the best they can. At least they are trying to work together. Unlike our neighbors to the south where it's a free for all.

Why I made my comment is while Toronto and Peel have higher population then Niagara. The math just doesn't add up. They 7 times the population of Niagara but have 21 times the cases. I would expect maybe 10 to 11 times the cases due to population density but not 21 times. I am just trying to understand what's going on there

kb

Aug 28, 2009
you must have not got the memo

if you question anything about this, you are a conspiracy theorist
Hahahaha....yup.

I'm just getting tired of having my intelligence insulted by those who planned and orchestrated this "event" to suspend/eliminate our rights/freedoms, plus eliminate all resistance to the globalist agenda currently being pushed as an "opportunity".

Whoops, conspiracy theorist again. :laugh:

Reactions: Auston 316

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Hahahaha....yup.

I'm just getting tired of having my intelligence insulted by those who planned and orchestrated this "event" to suspend/eliminate our rights/freedoms, plus eliminate all resistance to the globalist agenda currently being pushed as an "opportunity".

Whoops, conspiracy theorist again. :laugh:
The reason I don't buy into what you are saying is there is way too many involved for this to work. Not only do you need the leaders of each country involved, you also have to get all the media to buy into it as well. With that many people involved someone is going to say something.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
The reason I don't buy into what you are saying is there is way too many involved for this to work. Not only do you need the leaders of each country involved, you also have to get all the media to buy into it as well. With that many people involved someone is going to say something.
They do say it. It's mainstream now, and there are many involved.

"At the 2018 annual meeting, more than 3,000 participants from nearly 110 countries participated in over 400 sessions. Participation included more than 340 public figures, including more than 70 heads of state and government and 45 heads of international organizations; 230 media representatives and almost 40 cultural leaders were represented"

Here is their spiel.

Here is the list of partners. You will have to click each letter individually to see all of them.

Partners

This was 3 minutes of research. Maybe you are comfortable with every big business teaming up with heads of state from 70 countries (apparently 192 countries are signed on in total), but I am not.

The pandemic was perfectly timed. Or was it? From the Oct. 18, 2019 "A Global Pandemic Exercise" from Event 201 hosted by the Gates Foundation.

Public-private cooperation for pandemic preparedness and response

Last edited:
Reactions: Auston 316

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
It may not be clear how much wearing masks helps to reduce spread. But it seems like such a small sacrifice to make if it has even a small benefit.

I like to think that the Canadian way is to look out for each other and value courtesy. Refusing to wear a mask in public is not a personal choice. It's a decision that potentially puts others at risk. And that's not cool.

Even though I'm skeptical about our Covid measures as a whole, I have no problem wearing a mask. If that's what it takes to get back to normal as fast as possible, I'm good with it.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
They do say it. It's mainstream now, and there are many involved.

"At the 2018 annual meeting, more than 3,000 participants from nearly 110 countries participated in over 400 sessions. Participation included more than 340 public figures, including more than 70 heads of state and government and 45 heads of international organizations; 230 media representatives and almost 40 cultural leaders were represented"

Here is their spiel.

Here is the list of partners. You will have to click each letter individually to see all of them.

Partners

This was 3 minutes of research. Maybe you are comfortable with every big business teaming up with heads of state from 70 countries (apparently 192 countries are signed on in total), but I am not.

The pandemic was perfectly timed. Or was it? From the Oct. 18, 2019 "A Global Pandemic Exercise" from Event 201 hosted by the Gates Foundation.

Public-private cooperation for pandemic preparedness and response

I read some of what they posted. Its just a pile of junk and nothing to get worked up about.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

a) Not really, you just need to centralized organization controlled by globalists giving bad advice to all member countries. You know, like the WHO.

b) What makes you think numerous heads of state aren't openly participating? They are "saying something", just not in a whistle blower context. They're just openly saying it.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I read some of what they posted. Its just a pile of junk and nothing to get worked up about.

Please note that all of this is coming straight from the horse's mouths. So that is their plan. No one in their right mind can say that they didn't see it coming.

Now apply the same line of thinking to Covid as you did to my post.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Please note that all of this is coming straight from the horse's mouths. So that is their plan. No one in their right mind can say that they didn't see it coming.

Now apply the same line of thinking to Covid as you did to my post.
All I take from the great reset is countries and companies working together to do things better. I honestly don't believe they made Covid up. I know people that had Covid. IMO a lot of the reason people come up with some of these theories is they don't understand what's going on and this helps them cope with it

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
All I take from the great reset is countries and companies working together to do things better. I honestly don't believe they made Covid up. I know people that had Covid. IMO a lot of the reason people come up with some of these theories is they don't understand what's going on and this helps them cope with it

I don't think they "made it up" either. But some pretty big names are openly saying they see it as an opportunity to reimagine economies and change the world.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I don't think they "made it up" either. But some pretty big names are openly saying they see it as an opportunity to reimagine economies and change the world.
If that's the case so be it. Its nothing we can control so it's not worth getting all worked up about. Live your life the best you can. Its all I have been doing.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
If that's the case so be it. Its nothing we can control so it's not worth getting all worked up about. Live your life the best you can. Its all I have been doing.

Sure but this is a thread to discuss Covid-19 and I'm saying the above info is at the very least a legitimate reason to analyze what we're doing, why we're doing it and whether we're being advised for reasons other than public health. I just wanna know what I'm dealing with before obeying orders.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Too many of the decisions seem to be less about science and more about feelings.
When the media doubles down you get wackos like that old man hiker in Mass. spitting on people not wearing a mask. Or, the media thinks a national mask mandate is somehow more powerful than a local mandate.
Words and emotion.

The last time I’ve been inside a building without a mask was April, I think. They don’t seem to work, so now if I run into the gas station to pick up a box of beer, I don’t bother with one if the owner doesn’t care.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Too many of the decisions seem to be less about science and more about feelings.
When the media doubles down you get wackos like that old man hiker in Mass. spitting on people not wearing a mask. Or, the media thinks a national mask mandate is somehow more powerful than a local mandate.
Words and emotion.

The last time I’ve been inside a building without a mask was April, I think. They don’t seem to work, so now if I run into the gas station to pick up a box of beer, I don’t bother with one if the owner doesn’t care.
They work with a combination of social distancing. I understand you see cases rising ever since masks have been mandated so they must not work. Right? Masks don't work 100% but with social distancing it does work. What I believe is happening is it's spreading from places where people don't wear masks. Look back a few months ago, 40 cases traced back to a wedding where no was wearing masks. Those people catch Covid, bring it home and it spreads there.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

No one said Covid isn't real. I know of 2 people who had it, but having said that, they wouldn't have known without testing positive as the symptoms were mild and went away quickly.

Well, I suppose the bolded is true if you ignore every single thing they say, and substitute it with your own version of reality. It does help me understand though.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Words and emotion.

Or you get the wackos that attack a Walmart Employee.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
a) Not really, you just need to centralized organization controlled by globalists giving bad advice to all member countries. You know, like the WHO.

b) What makes you think numerous heads of state aren't openly participating? They are "saying something", just not in a whistle blower context. They're just openly saying it.
Exactly. There is no whistle to blow here, they are simply "hiding in plain sight" by saying what they hope to accomplish. It seems that some among us feel it is best for all of us to subvert democratic processes, eliminate rights and freedoms, and relinquish our possessions.

I don't happen to be in that camp.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Exactly. There is no whistle to blow here, they are simply "hiding in plain sight" by saying what they hope to accomplish. It seems that some among us feel it is best for all of us to subvert democratic processes, eliminate rights and freedoms, and relinquish our possessions.

I don't happen to be in that camp.
None of what you posted from that site said anything about taking rights and freedoms and taking away your possessions. That part is the stuff I think people come up with to understand why some businesses are closed and we have to wear masks and social distancing

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
None of what you posted from that site said anything about taking rights and freedoms and taking away your possessions. That part is the stuff I think people come up with to understand why some businesses are closed and we have to wear masks and social distancing

But rights are being taken away. Whether the two are related is obviously debatable.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Why is lockdown singling out small businesses? Hudson is not doing well, last I heard they are pretty big.
In general a lot of businesses are struggling, small businesses are getting hit the hardest as they don’t have the resources to do online shopping or free delivery. But that doesn’t mean they should break the rules and declare COVID is a joke.

Singled out in the sense that they are facing mandatory shutdowns and sell the same goods as large retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad