Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
asking is good. demanding is bad. i would love to get into it in more depth but i'm trying not to get banned.:laugh:

Demanding? The government could make it a crime, let alone “demand.” It’s a crime to refuse to take a breath test for a DUI investigation in some states and the US Supreme Court said that was fine in 2016 (Birchfield). It’s a crime to ingest drugs that can affect your unborn baby in some states. You can be fined and cited for smoking in an airport bathroom...you might want to live in a country that can’t do that, but the reality is that it does...and in all sorts of ways that are much more invasive than wearing a removable mask in public during a narrow set of circumstances...

Fordy

May 28, 2008
checking the daily deaths in florida, texas, california, and arizona shows either no increase from their full lockdown baseline in the latter 3, or an increase of about 10ish per day in arizona. we certainly haven't seen an increase here, or in the state as a whole. honestly, almost no one in the city is dying of this. i don't know why these things don't matter to people. the doctors say the virus is weakening and we have better treatments, and we have ample evidence to support that. spending all day every day worrying and anticipating doom isn't good for your health either

upload_2020-7-5_13-13-13.png

people should just remind themselves that 75% of new cases are in 6 counties in the country, and it will work its way through there and then shift elsewhere, then the media will jump to the new locations, and so on. but the death rate is clearly no where near where it was in march and april or what some people thought it was in february. honestly, i barely spare a thought to worrying about this anymore

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We’ve been over this. Repeatedly. Protesting hasn’t shown to contribute to spikes. They’re outside and largely wearing masks.

Here’s yet another study saying so.

Black Lives Matter Protests, Social Distancing, and COVID-19
Not everyone is wearing masks in those protests. Even so masks aren't full proof to begin with. And as we also know minorities are more harshly affected by the virus. Data and the impact of these actions sometimes lags behind. So we may not conclusively know just how much it could impact these communities and individuals for quite some time. If we're suppose to social distance and considering how contagious this virus appears to be, gathering in large groups, yelling and screaming seems counter intuitive during such a crisis/pandemic. Better to wait until after the pandemic. We need to apply common sense here.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Gentlemen, what's up with these temperatures? Like 90s for the last few days and for the next week too?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If the CDC guidelines are to social distance and wear masks, and some in that crowd aren't doing so, again, that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense in mitigating the spread of the virus.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
checking the daily deaths in florida, texas, california, and arizona shows either no increase from their full lockdown baseline in the latter 3, or an increase of about 10ish per day in arizona. we certainly haven't seen an increase here, or in the state as a whole. honestly, almost no one in the city is dying of this. i don't know why these things don't matter to people. the doctors say the virus is weakening and we have better treatments, and we have ample evidence to support that. spending all day every day worrying and anticipating doom isn't good for your health either

View attachment 352547

people should just remind themselves that 75% of new cases are in 6 counties in the country, and it will work its way through there and then shift elsewhere, then the media will jump to the new locations, and so on. but the death rate is clearly no where near where it was in march and april or what some people thought it was in february. honestly, i barely spare a thought to worrying about this anymore
Ill just state this as i would to everyone. If this virus isn't a concern to you, that is your opinion. You have the right to your opinion. But also you dont need to be in a coronavirus thread if it doesn't. And then it makes it easier so you won't have to see the constant panic.

So if it doesn't make you worried nor, as you say, you wont spare a thought on it... this thread is no longer for you. You can ignore the thread.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Demanding? The government could make it a crime, let alone “demand.” It’s a crime to refuse to take a breath test for a DUI investigation in some states and the US Supreme Court said that was fine in 2016 (Birchfield). It’s a crime to ingest drugs that can affect your unborn baby in some states. You can be fined and cited for smoking in an airport bathroom...you might want to live in a country that can’t do that, but the reality is that it does...and in all sorts of ways that are much more invasive than wearing a removable mask in public during a narrow set of circumstances...
i agree. it shows how far we have fallen, and deep the swamp is, and how much we need new judges.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
i agree. it shows how far we have fallen, and deep the swamp is, and how much we need new judges.

But it still doesn’t explain why wearing a mask in public is a hill you want to die on...when there are so many worse invasions the government perpetrates all the time, as you’ve just acknowledged...if your beef is with governmental authority for all kinds of regulations, it shouldn’t be with your friends, family and neighbors...the mask is for them, a common courtesy...it’s widely accepted that it has some benefit to protect other people from your germs...that local and state governments have to mandate mask wearing just shows how selfish and stupid many people in this country are (many public officials don’t want to mandate and don’t even enforce it but they feel compelled to because of the public health crisis stupid selfish people are contributing to)

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
But it still doesn’t explain why wearing a mask in public is a hill you want to die on...when there are so many worse invasions the government perpetrates all the time, as you’ve just acknowledged...if your beef is with governmental authority for all kinds of regulations, it shouldn’t be with your friends, family and neighbors...the mask is for them, a common courtesy...it’s widely accepted that it has some benefit to protect other people from your germs...that local and state governments have to mandate mask wearing just shows how selfish and stupid many people in this country are (many public officials don’t want to mandate and don’t even enforce it but they feel compelled to because of the public health crisis stupid selfish people are contributing to)
andy i have worked in hospitals and in other places where there are other nasty stuff. i know what the minimum ppe's one needs to wear. anyone who tells you wearing a sloppy rag that you just pulled out of your pocket, over your nose and mouth (and reusing it over and over again) is good enough is lying though there teeth. i not only would be fired on the spot. i would be banned from ever working there again. you would need to not only be required to wear a properly fitted mask that was made just for a certain purpose you would need to be wearing a full suit (with booties/ face shield and something over the head. not only that but they had to keep a negative air pressure in the room. and when you came out
you stripet, and showered. to get back you needed to get all fresh ppe,s nothing was reused. i could go on but i'm tired of typing:laugh: but your a smart guy i'm sure you get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad