Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’ve been reusing the paper-y surgical masks without issue. I just put it on my dash in the sun to disinfect. Makes sense to me which is all that matters.

I like the wire in the nose area and I think they look more dystopian than cloth with designs and stuff.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
andy i have worked in hospitals and in other places where there are other nasty stuff. i know what the minimum ppe's one needs to wear. anyone who tells you wearing a sloppy rag that you just pulled out of your pocket, over your nose and mouth (and reusing it over and over again) is good enough is lying though there teeth. i not only would be fired on the spot. i would be banned from ever working there again. you would need to not only be required to wear a properly fitted mask that was made just for a certain purpose you would need to be wearing a full suit (with booties/ face shield and something over the head. not only that but they had to keep a negative air pressure in the room. and when you came out
you stripet, and showered. to get back you needed to get all fresh ppe,s nothing was reused. i could go on but i'm tired of typing:laugh: but your a smart guy i'm sure you get the point.

Perfect is the enemy of good as they say...we should all have ppes, but there have been plenty of studies showing cloth masks do offer some protection and as high as capturing 66% of your droplets...they should be washed before reused...whatever it is it’s better than nothing...if you feel better, get your old hospital garb and face shield ...you can buy it on Amazon, I did...still don’t see any reason for you to be wearing nothing

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I got a targeted ad for Threadless that has some cool mask designs and they donate proceeds to something good.. might cop a few.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Perfect is the enemy of good as they say...we should all have ppes, but there have been plenty of studies showing cloth masks do offer some protection and as high as capturing 66% of your droplets...they should be washed before reused...whatever it is it’s better than nothing...if you feel better, get your old hospital garb and face shield ...you can buy it on Amazon, I did...still don’t see any reason for you to be wearing nothing

I saw something on the news about how the distance droplets travel from someone’s mouth are reduced from several feet to a couple inches with a mask.

Even with thin layer masks it apparently cuts the distance droplets travel in half.

If people never wash their masks, that just means they are being mental midgets, but it doesn’t change how effective people with brains wearing clean masks can be.

Or let’s just throw masks around at Target because Trump sent ya!

AZ Woman Destroys Target Face Mask Display Wearing '$40k Rolex'

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

China?

Seriously dude. Get your shit together.

Stop allowing wet markets in places like Wuhan and this type of shit would happen far less often.

Animal to human viral transfer is only possible when you're f***ing eating uncooked animals and/or playing around with feces.

Then again about a billion people in the world don't have access to clean drinking water so there you go.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad