Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I've heard they're:
  • Standing in line at clubs they'll never get in
  • It's like the bottom of the ninth and they're never gonna win
So maybe you're right? Desperate times call for desperate bats...er, measures.
Have you ever seen Chad Kroeger and Chris Martin in the same room?

You know why?

They are the same person.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
We just sound charming and smart, we're mostly wankers.

My gf - "You're such an asshole, but you sound like one of those Downton Abbey people so it's hard to pick up on it."
Me - "You mean british?"

We do think you guys sound smarter, viscerally, even if our higher brains know that you're wankers.

It's also strange that whenever there's some sort of historical movie not-set-in-England (ie "Troy" or "300") we give those people British accents for some reason.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We do think you guys sound smarter, viscerally, even if our higher brains know that you're wankers.

It's also strange that whenever there's some sort of historical movie not-set-in-England (ie "Troy" or "300") we give those people British accents for some reason.
I never notice that sort of stuff but I can see how people feel that after giving it some thought.

Although, "bad guys" are also given a british accent so I mean, that's also weird. We're either the sauve and debonair spy or douche lover in some rom-com (Mrs Doubtfire) or we're some baddie in a movie.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I feel like a non-so-far-fetched COVID-19 theory would be that Nickelback is behind it all in order to improve their sales and clout in the music world. I mean, when was the last time we heard from them? Who can account for their whereabouts?

Congrats. You found the one band worse than Coldplay....

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
What's with this ''Coldplay'' phenomenon here? I like ''Yellow'', ''Clocks'' and ''Speed of sound'' quite a bit actually. Why is this a topic?

I like Coldplay but I prefer others, if that's an acceptable answer.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
So for people that like Radiohead, what's yer favorite album?

I personally think "Kid A" is the coolest/most groundbreaking but "In Rainbows" is the most pleasurable to listen to.
''Kid A'' for me as well, saw them outside of Cleveland. You can really get lost in their music!

''Optimistic'',''Idiotechque'' ''You and whose army'' and''Karma Police'' rule!

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
What's with this ''Coldplay'' phenomenon here? I like ''Yellow'', ''Clocks'' and ''Speed of sound'' quite a bit actually. Why is this a topic?

I like Coldplay but I prefer others, if that's an acceptable answer.

Everyone likes ColePens here. He is the central figure in the HFBoards Pens storybook. *I'm mostly joking but not actually.

Yet his love of Coldplay is divisive. Like the dude that ate the bat in Wuhan, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee never meant to cause us troubleeeeeeee...but he has done us wrong.

Reactions: ColePens

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Everyone likes ColePens here. He is the central figure in the HFBoards Pens storybook. *I'm mostly joking but not actually.

Yet his love of Coldplay is divisive. Like the dude that ate the bat in Wuhan, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee never meant to cause us troubleeeeeeee...but he has done us wrong.
Comparing him to the guy who ate the bat in Wuhan eh? lol

I can get behind that sentiment. :laugh:

;)

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It's ONLY been about 2.5 weeks since CA shelter in places began.

Legit getting super tired of this.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Comparing him to the guy who ate the bat in Wuhan eh? lol

I can get behind that sentiment. :laugh:

;)

a-guy-eating-a-bat-leads-to-stock-market-collapsing-domino-effect.jpg

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's ONLY been about 2.5 weeks since CA shelter in places began.

Legit getting super tired of this.

It’s horrific and I’m generally an introvert....it’s me and the dog...my girlfriend went to be with her parents further north when this whole thing began, and I feel like I’m never going to have sex again...

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I thought the dog was still there, huh huh.:popcorn:

Hey single dudes (women), @Andy99 's post implies the question: what, uh, exactly is the game plan for you right now? Like when society restarts, go out and get laid but check each other's temps first?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hey single dudes (women), @Andy99 's post implies the question: what, uh, exactly is the game plan for you right now? Like when society restarts, go out and get laid but check each other's temps first?
My plan is to survive through the weekend. lol

If we all come out of this relatively intact, I'll reexamine that matter. But I do believe I have a couple of options there. Or, maybe I'm just telling myself that late at night as a coping mechanism. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad