OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

More people to cheer on the mayor they voted for.

Everyone can blame who they want, but it doesn't matter when anyone started preparing because there will continuously be people who still go outside and do what they want and spread it. They are still doing it despite everything and dont care about social distancing. So anything less than a complete stay inside order isn't doing much to stop the spread.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Figured I get a little sentimental..

36B9D0E7-DA72-4F61-A2F0-9CAC864B47C2.gif

Reactions: FultonReed

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
He's on point thus far, I will say. This is the tone he needs to deliver.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
This is how he needs to answer questions. Don't get goaded

Calm, cool, collected. Who is this guy? What did they do to Trump?

Last edited:

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006

More people to cheer on the mayor they voted for.

Everyone can blame who they want, but it doesn't matter when anyone started preparing because there will continuously be people who still go outside and do what they want and spread it. They are still doing it despite everything and dont care about social distancing. So anything less than a complete stay inside order isn't doing much to stop the spread.

Or more people to cheer on the president since he took part in getting the ship there?

Or more likely, the people themselves are idiots and that has nothing to do with their political affiliation. At this point everyone knows they should be staying indoors, especially New Yorkers, any one not respecting that is going against the direction of both democrats and republicans now. I wish people who did this would be fined for the amount of their stimulus check.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
When a “journalist” begins a question to Trump with “can you guarantee” it more baiting a trap than it is seeking information.
Acosta and Trump are the equivalent of Brooks and Torts.

Just do your job, Acosta. I'm no fan of Trump, but I enjoyed him calling Acosta a minor leaguer.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Reactions: Weltschmerz

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I understand them not wanting masks to be hoarded as so many other things were but man to tell people to not wear masks because they don't help is just wrong. Wow.
Unethical, immoral, degrading and demeaning.

I think I said the same thing 4 times, but that’s how strongly I feel about the preplanned full blown lie to the public by the scientists and media. I expect this shit sadly from ppl in power, not ppl of science.

I smelled the BS when scientist were quoted and used phrases like ‘less effective’ and ‘minimal impact’ when discussing raw numbers and implying some level of use, but then the final conclusion was ‘no need, won’t help!’

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Unethical, immoral, degrading and demeaning.

I think I said the same thing 4 times, but that’s how strongly I feel about the preplanned full blown lie to the public by the scientists and media. I expect this shit sadly from ppl in power, not ppl of science.

I smelled the BS when scientist were quoted and used phrases like ‘less effective’ and ‘minimal impact’ when discussing raw numbers and implying some level of use, but then the final conclusion was ‘no need, won’t help!’

It’s idiotic. I think the WHO is behind it. It’s not just in the US, I think I most of the western world they are saying the same thing.

It’s just beyond dumb and whomever is behind it is just history less.

What upset me the most is that anyone that is somewhat knowledgeable to the law of physics, biology and that stuff can call this bluff. Sure, a virus is tremendously small compared to a bacteria for example. Most masks don’t catch all virus. Sure, we don’t know, but it’s perfectly possible that many people are affected by hands touching their face. Could be well over 50%.

But it’s very common knowledge that the reason flu season is winter time is because the virus don’t drop to the ground but stay in the air longer in cold dry weather, and people bread it in.

Everyone know the cloud that leaves the breath that can see when it’s cold, well that’s how it spreads all the time the only difference is that you can see it when it’s cold. You bread in particles that other people breads out if you are close to them. Those particles humidity that can contains virus. Just breathing through your shirt filter a part of those particles and can help. Anything filtering the air helps.

And this is not to mention that face masks that filters for viruses hardly are unusual. And those will not let in any viruses.

Ultimately a proper mask used the right way may only like increase your protection by say 10%. But it’s not nothing. And when it’s not nothing, the top experts shouldn’t say that it’s nothing. (1) it will come out and be debunked. We live in a free world, it’s naive to thing otherwise. And that will hurt their credibility which could be really dangerous. (2) It’s tremendously unethical. I have a coworker with a kid with leukemia that is a bad shape. A few weeks he was talking about how he did everything he could to make sure that he didn’t bring anything home. I asked if he was considering wearing a mask and he shut it down since he heard that it doesn’t help at all. I didn’t go on a long monologue trying to mansplain it, what do I know. After that I have checked the topic some and among others The Guardian had a great piece and had talked to some of the top experts, and the answer was of course a given, they help “but it’s not a guarantee”.

These type of things really pisses me of to be honest. It should have been debunked instantly.

Reactions: romba

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If this were a shooting war the country would be losing its shit if we were sending our soldiers into battle without body armor or the best weaponry. Nurses and doctors are putting their actual lives on the line trying to save others and here we have these vague accusations that they are thieving masks for one thing. They don't have the equipment or enough protection for the battle they are in---that's a pretty well known fact. Trump needs to be a whole lot more careful with his words--he would be doing everyone a service getting these nurses and doctors everything they ask for. It's a better look than baseless accusations.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This is a very informative video made by a doctor from Cornell University hospital on the front lines. He gives some very good advice. If you have the time please watch.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
“Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.” Churchill’s famous quote about the RAF during WWII applies to nurses and doctors today.

They are treating the infected who are contagious. Some are working 80 hour shifts or even longer. Without sufficient proper equipment and PEP.

They stand between us and total medical system collapse.

They should be thanked by our leaders. Encouraged, supported and protected. Instead they continue to be maligned because our government is embarrassed that we do not have what is needed. That we did nothing for months to step up production and grow the national stockpile.

Just awful.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
This is why ppl have no confidence in the Media or Science.

We had a shortage of masks. So instead of being honest and saying 'they're useful for individuals but hospitals have desperate needs and so individuals should not purchase any' they just take the easy route and lie and say 'don't bother with them, they're not helpful' hoping ppl won't buy them. Of course this fails miserably, ppl over-purchase and hoard them anyway. 3 weeks later once they realized perhaps that ppl aren't using them enough now they say 'woopsie, we misread the data apparently, they ARE useful lol'. They did not misread shit, they lied and stretched the truth purposely.

I'm tired of lies and BS, whether there are good intentions or not.
Yes, to a large extent public statements are made to control public behavior. But in this case, mask recommendations were based on prior viruses which didn't travel so easily through the air. They basically made a huge error in "assuming" that SARS-CoV-2 behaved in the same way as flu-like viruses. In reality every last person on the subway should have had an N95 mask on their face since December

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce