OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
NYR vs NYI from October 2013 on MSG right now, if any of you wanna take your minds off this

our 4th line hodgepodge of guys at the beginning of this season was just ugly

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
de-blasio-24.jpeg

Great time the the Mayor to get in a good photo opp. Not like there are more important issues going on right now.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I know there's no political debate here. I don't think Trump is going to win any awards for handing of this mess to put it bluntly as allowed, but Deblasio has been an abject disaster for NYC. It's a shame the city deserves better leadership, well it deserves some measure of leadership, not .......... never mind.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

I was very confused why at first they said not to wear masks and that it wouldn't do any good. My daughter works at a busy Manhattan hospital and they all are wearing masks regardless of their position. Common sense says any protection is better than nothing. My wife is making masks for friends and family if they want them as I'm not even sure you can buy them.

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Did you bash trump for touting his press conference ratings yesterday?
Wasting all of 5 seconds to make a comment, or wasting half a morning to head over to the dock, get in position for the boat to arrive, take picture, and leave.

Yes, quite the same.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Wasting all of 5 seconds to make a comment, or wasting half a morning to head over to the dock, get in position for the boat to arrive, take picture, and leave.

Yes, quite the same.

Small potatoes compared to the total amount of time that has been needed among the president's team, e.g., Fauci, Pence, etc, to damage control his loose quips and comments.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I was very confused why at first they said not to wear masks and that it wouldn't do any good.
This is why ppl have no confidence in the Media or Science.

We had a shortage of masks. So instead of being honest and saying 'they're useful for individuals but hospitals have desperate needs and so individuals should not purchase any' they just take the easy route and lie and say 'don't bother with them, they're not helpful' hoping ppl won't buy them. Of course this fails miserably, ppl over-purchase and hoard them anyway. 3 weeks later once they realized perhaps that ppl aren't using them enough now they say 'woopsie, we misread the data apparently, they ARE useful lol'. They did not misread shit, they lied and stretched the truth purposely.

I'm tired of lies and BS, whether there are good intentions or not.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There has been debate in my neighborhood community boards if sunlight kills the virus. Some wanted playgrounds opened as they were closed weeks ago.

Sunlight doesn’t kill the virus.

Fact check: Sunlight does not kill the new coronavirus

I think it’s heat , which is why our bodies cause a fever to fight off infections. I believe weather above 80 the virus cannot spread as much since it cannot survive long on surfaces and in the air with higher temps.

Could also move to Alaska where social distancing isn’t an issue. :dunno:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I think it’s heat , which is why our bodies cause a fever to fight off infections. I believe weather above 80 the virus cannot spread as much since it cannot survive long on surfaces and in the air with higher temps.

The warmer it gets the shorter it can 'survive' on a surface or droplet. The more humid it gets, the shorter it can last in droplet form. It is not a cure-all though, but it definitely helps limit the spread if only a little.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ

From what I have read humidity can help to weigh down droplets and cause them to stay airborne for less amount of time. It’s 48 degrees right now and we have had like 2 days where the temps approached 70 over the past few weeks. There was much more pedestrian traffic in those days. The debate here was that UV light killed the virus on playground equipment and that is clearly wrong. Thought others should know.

Reactions: eco's bones

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The warmer it gets the shorter it can 'survive' on a surface or droplet. The more humid it gets, the shorter it can last in droplet form. It is not a cure-all though, but it definitely helps limit the spread if only a little.

Yeah we just have to hope for an early summer and a hot and humid May. By next year there will hopefully be a vaccine. If everyone does their part and chips in this will be over sooner than later.

As per the sun light and UV, there is increased vitamin D which will help your immune system but it’s not gonna kill the virus.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Hello fellow Covid hotspot, quick question (sorry if it was covered in the last thread). I have a coworker in Queens who just took her Covid positive aunt to ER on Saturday. She told me that they are giving her the malaria drugs (hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin). Just curious if anyone here knows of anyone also getting the same treatment.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

So some realism has set in. Not much of a hoax or just a simple seasonal flu anymore.

Almost nothing has gone perfectly so far so if her nostradamusing is right it will be more than 200,000 because even if our intentions get much better we might get good or even very good on our way to perfect. I do hold out the hope that a vaccine will come along before the numbers get that high.

It's my own view that there will never be real justice in this world without equality in all forms. So the one thing that could come out of all this when it's finally over is another chance for us to start over and make things fairer. We will be starting somewhere from scratch again. I think we'll all have to learn to share better because there will be a lot of need.

For the immediate future it will take time I think for a lot of things to get moving again.Listening to Cuomo we're tapped out on money for education so who knows if kids won't be out of school for a long time. Things are going to have to stitch together in NYC and NYS again and it will be a process I think--kind of like the Rangers right after the letter went out and the purge began--NYC and NYS slowly getting back to where it was. Speaking of Hockeysfuture--I don't see the NHL in September/October as realistic. Again things will depend on a vaccine. We cannot have crowds of people with uncertainty. There might not be any hockey in 20-21 and I think people should take things as they come.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
So some realism has set in. Not much of a hoax or just a simple seasonal flu anymore.

Almost nothing has gone perfectly so far so if her nostradamusing is right it will be more than 200,000 because even if our intentions get much better we might get good or even very good on our way to perfect. I do hold out the hope that a vaccine will come along before the numbers get that high.

It's my own view that there will never be real justice in this world without equality in all forms. So the one thing that could come out of all this when it's finally over is another chance for us to start over and make things fairer. We will be starting somewhere from scratch again. I think we'll all have to learn to share better because there will be a lot of need.

For the immediate future it will take time I think for a lot of things to get moving again.Listening to Cuomo we're tapped out on money for education so who knows if kids won't be out of school for a long time. Things are going to have to stitch together in NYC and NYS again and it will be a process I think--kind of like the Rangers right after the letter went out and the purge began--NYC and NYS slowly getting back to where it was. Speaking of Hockeysfuture--I don't see the NHL in September/October as realistic. Again things will depend on a vaccine. We cannot have crowds of people with uncertainty. There might not be any hockey in 20-21 and I think people should take things as they come.

Equality of outcome cannot be measured nor is it any sort of recipe for succcess. Fairer? That's the problem in my opinion: no one wants to accept accountability within themselves. Fair is such a subjective concept that has no basis for measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad