OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I can't wait to hear from the insufferable millennials now. Their high horse regarding boomers (I'm a millennial, btw) is f***ing disgusting and they can't be bothered to not actively kill people. Maybe it's Gen Z at this point, I don't know.

Im technically a millenial. Im almost 40, am balding, and have a family that Im keeping in the house until further notice. This is primarily a generation Z problem. But the boomers are blaming millenials because Fox news has been rotting their brains for 20 years.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Coronavirus: *hits New York*

Governor Cuomo:

kurt-angle-its-true-gif.gif

Listening to Cuomo, I want to punch the Coronavirus in the face and go 12 rounds with it. Listening to De Blasio, I want to live in a plastic bubble for the next several months. Listening to Trump, I want to take the Coronavirus mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I absolutely agree, but wishing the virus/death on someone? That’s worse and cringy to read and watch people defend on here, no matter who it is.

The only thing you said that's legit is that he'd possibly pass it along to someone. But as someone said Hannity has blood on his hands, I have zero sympathy for him. And I'm one of the people that thought the virus was blown out of proportion. But I'm not part of the media.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Im technically a millenial. Im almost 40, am balding, and have a family that Im keeping in the house until further notice. This is primarily a generation Z problem. But the boomers are blaming millenials because Fox news has been rotting their brains for 20 years.

I know Millennials are older than people think. I haven't watched Fox News in years though and I think millennials are the whinniest generation of all time. Just the worst. But it seems like Gen Z are a bunch of assholes in their own right. And right now, they seem worse.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The only thing you said that's legit is that he'd possibly pass it along to someone. But as someone said Hannity has blood on his hands, I have zero sympathy for him. And I'm one of the people that thought the virus was blown out of proportion. But I'm not part of the media.
Still dont think it’s ok to wish death on someone because he voiced his opinion of something at the time. He wasnt forcing people with a gun in his hand to go out and get exposed. There was plenty of people saying it was dangerous and just as many saying it was being overblown a couple weeks ago. It’s up to us as adults to make up our own minds what to do with that information.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Still dont think it’s ok to wish death on someone because he voiced his opinion of something at the time. He wasnt forcing people with a gun in his hand to go out and get exposed. There was plenty of people saying it was dangerous and just as many saying it was being overblown a couple weeks ago. It’s up to us as adults to make up our own minds what to do with that information.

I would agree with you if he didn't have ulterior political motives.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I know Millennials are older than people think. I haven't watched Fox News in years though and I think millennials are the whinniest generation of all time. Just the worst. But it seems like Gen Z are a bunch of assholes in their own right. And right now, they seem worse.

That's an interesting take considering the unabashed selfishness the boomers have practiced for 40+ years now. Don't fall for the "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" bullshit from boomers, who grew up in a time where government provided essential services and we had some semblance of a social safety net in place.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The best part about Cuomo is he hasn't made this a partisan exercise. He's clearly trying to do what's best for NY and it's people. He's trying to bring people together that will achieve that mission.

We've turned politics into a partisan bar fight over the last few decades, and some people just can't get out of that cycle, even in the face of a pandemic that doesn't recognize or care about personal political views.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Who the f*** keeps voting for DeBlasio????? I’ve never met anyone who voted for that clown but he gets elected.

Nobody votes in the mayoral election. In a city of 8M, I think about a million voted last go around. We've been extraordinarily lucky not to have a major problem hit the city/nation over the last few years. But....here we are.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Wondering what you guys think of this:

My friends and I played golf today and it was a gorgeous day outside. We find out after our round that for the foreeable future, no more golf can be played in either PA or NJ which is where my buds and I play.

From what I've read, being outside especially on sunny days where the UV rays from the sun burn out any potential virus that is out there, I'd think that playing golf so long as you practice the proper social distancing as we did, should be permitted. If anything being outside in the open air with no one really around you would seem to be the safest place on the planet to be...no?

Just throwing it out there but shouldn't playing golf be permitted just like walking and running for exercise is?
I've read that's a myth. One you have it UV rays can't help and if you catch it from someone it's probably not exposed long enough in that time.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
You have honestly never seen the media call Trump racist?

And you can honestly say that by and large the media has been fair and impartial when it comes to reporting on him?
I didn't say that at all. I said I'm sure there are some but you talk as if every single media outlet said this. Who was the last President who wasn't disliked or even hated by a segment of the population? The difference between now and say 20+ years ago is the impact of social media.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've read that's a myth. One you have it UV rays can't help and if you catch it from someone it's probably not exposed long enough in that time.

Dr. Fauci made it sound like it's one of the safer things to do, to go outside in the sun. I think maybe it's just safer than being inside in crowded areas, but I doubt anyone would say you're 100% safe. But it's healthy to responsibly go outside once in a while I would think. Remember that Coronavirus hasn't eliminated everything else unhealthy in this world. I would think being inside for months straight is unhealthy. That said there's a difference between going for a walk and playing golf I would think.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
The thing I've heard is "not that many people die." Yeah, just a few thousand. Look at yourself in the mirror and think about that.

But beyond that, these people need to understand that those in charge are simply not going to allow it. The more they f*** off, the harsher and longer the restrictions get. So it's just about "oh I won't come in contact with the sick and old." You're affecting the lives of over 8 million New Yorkers.
I'm not quite in the danger zone age-wise, but I have asthma, a history of bronchitis, and of cancer. Just like the 34-year old from Florida who died from this.

It's shocking to me that people think, much less say, "don't worry, it's only at-risk individuals who will likely die from this."

They are talking about real people. They are talking about their parents, grandparents. They are talking about me. The lack of empathy is shocking to me.

Reactions: Machinehead

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
The way that UV is used to sanitize surfaces and liquids is through high-intensity concentrated devices. The kind that can't be turned on around humans for fear of skin cancer effects.

Sunlight is not concentrated/intense enough for that. There is no scientific evidence to support the idea that the virus can't survive in direct sunlight. At best it reduces the time the virus can stay active while environmentally exposed, but we're still talking many hours to days, not a few minutes.

Do NOT touch surfaces others have touched in public thinking they are safe. They are not.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Long story short, since the world is ending (joking here) I might as well share something very personal. In 2010 I had a nervous breakdown on top of serious depression. I ended up in the psych ward in Coney Island hospital for 3.5 weeks. The number 1 complaint of the patients was that they didn't let them go outside ever. It was hell, I was bouncing off the walls. Our apartments are much cushier than a psych ward and the only crazy people you're sharing your time with are your family. Still, for mental health it helps to responsibly leave the house once in a while.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Long story short, since the world is ending (joking here) I might as well share something very personal. In 2010 I had a nervous breakdown on top of serious depression. I ended up in the psych ward in Coney Island hospital for 3.5 weeks. The number 1 complaint of the patients was that they didn't let them go outside ever. It was hell, I was bouncing off the walls. Our apartments are much cushier than a psych ward and the only crazy people you're sharing your time with are your family. Still, for mental health it helps to responsibly leave the house once in a while.
Well said. I've also suffered from on and off severe anxiety and depression and we can't forget the importance of dealing with that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad