OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
We are going to follow the same rules for this thread that exist in the COVID-19 forum.

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.
Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Examples:
Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"
Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"

Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"
Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Here is a tracker from Johns Hopkins.

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
@Richard Banger

Were you guys tested or is it self diagnosis? My aunt was tested down in Florida after a 3 day quarantine in the hospital and came back negative.

Governor

Nov 8, 2019
The point is that there are not going to be enough beds or ventilators to provide for the ~10% of confirmed cases needing them, regardless of their age.
Right. I initially misunderstood what you were saying. Apologies.

Reactions: Krams

Captain Midnight

@Traveling_Sports_Doc
Jun 22, 2018
Boulder, CO
Here is what I would do if you are sick and want to know if you have it but they don’t have the test:

Go get tested for influenza. Those are readily available and will tell you if this is flu or not. If it comes back positive then most likely you have that. If it comes back negative then go on the presumption that you have the coronavirus.

Quite honestly everybody should be acting like they have it and are a carrier. My challenge is even after the self quarantine of two weeks what happens then?

Reactions: GordonGecko

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm honestly REALLY concerned about my older dad (63) who has smoked all his life and spends all day every day with people in an accounting office.

Does your dad have respiratory issues related to smoking, though? Merely smoking without underlying issues isn't exactly something to really be concerned about. If he had something like emphysema and chronic shortness of breath, I would be much more concerned.

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
Richards.jpg

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I just called him and he said he can't he's too important. f***ing eh, I wouldn't be surprised if he dies from this.
Well it's possible the office makes the decision for him. But if not, there are some common sense things to do - no shaking hands, no sharing keyboards (wipe down with lysol wipes first), do his damndest to not touch his face. Don't share pens, don't touch doorknobs unless you purell immediately after. Basically hand sanitize after touching everything.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Were you guys tested or is it self diagnosis? My aunt was tested down in Florida after a 3 day quarantine in the hospital and came back negative.

In the previous thread, you asked if anybody knew anybody infected. I don't know anybody immediately infected but my wife does as several members on her team at work were in close contact with a several people who tested positive. They are all now in quarantine. No major issues there so far.

On a more sad note. I know Chris Tillet's sister through friends. Here is what he's dealing with. He's 45: Conquering Covid19 organized by E T

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
And my uncle, my dad's boss thinks he's too important to send home. Apparently handing people a folder is a task no one else can do.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well it's possible the office makes the decision for him. But if not, there are some common sense things to do - no shaking hands, no sharing keyboards (wipe down with lysol wipes first), do his damndest to not touch his face. Don't share pens, don't touch doorknobs unless you purell immediately after. Basically hand sanitize after touching everything.

I guarantee you that outside of not shaking hands and washing his hands he doesn't do any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad