OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/city-hall-didnt-order-covid-19-supplies-for-nyc-until-march-6/

[MOD]

There is plenty of blame all around for this, but local politicians need to be on top of their city. He is not and has not for a while. This is the exclamation point.

If NYC is not the epicenter of this, it will be very very shortly and the initial prep work is on him and partially on Cuomo. Cuomo can only go based on what is being told to him about the city. He can survey the state, but DeBlasio and him never got along. I can respect Cuomo for his actions he is taking and what he is doing, but the DeBlasio being unprepared for this is catastrophic for the 5 boroughs.

On top of that, the people gathering around the city are only going to hurt this even more. They literally shut everything down and people went to a large gathering in the park. Might be time to close those things down too.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
We're almost onto Part III, so I will reiterate it then too. Stick to the rules re: political discussion in OP or you will be infracted and thread-banned. From here out out, thread bans are permanent will carry over into future threads as well.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Where's @Machinehead ? I never thought I'd say this but I could use some of his positivity.

Not sure but I can only give you funny pics..

1EF905F6-C77C-4500-B7E5-603C7D5984A3.jpeg

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/city-hall-didnt-order-covid-19-supplies-for-nyc-until-march-6/

[MOD]

Even more disturbing are his calls for military support saying the Guard isnt enough.

Umm....

There is plenty of blame all around for this, but local politicians need to be on top of their city. He is not and has not for a while. This is the exclamation point.

If NYC is not the epicenter of this, it will be very very shortly and the initial prep work is on him and partially on Cuomo. Cuomo can only go based on what is being told to him about the city. He can survey the state, but DeBlasio and him never got along. I can respect Cuomo for his actions he is taking and what he is doing, but the DeBlasio being unprepared for this is catastrophic for the 5 boroughs.

On top of that, the people gathering around the city are only going to hurt this even more. They literally shut everything down and people went to a large gathering in the park. Might be time to close those things down too.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
180, apparently my entire agency has been deemed non-essential and none of us are to report to work. Fluid though, if Central Office gets too many complaints saying emails aren't being responded to, etc. they can flip the switch.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The biggest issues I'm seeing right now are parks, where people are still playing together in groups of 10, 15, even 20, and salons where galaxy brains are trying to look good for quarantine for some reason.

Thankfully, the salons close tonight.

Of all the people I've seen being stupid, only a handful were over 40. People seem to think that if it's generally not fatal to them, they have license to spread it around to whoever they want.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The biggest issues I'm seeing right now are parks, where people are still playing together in groups of 10, 15, even 20, and salons where galaxy brains are trying to look good for quarantine for some reason.

Thankfully, the salons close tonight.

Of all the people I've seen being stupid, only a handful were over 40. People seem to think that if it's generally not fatal to them, they have license to spread it around to whoever they want.

I can't wait to hear from the insufferable millennials now. Their high horse regarding boomers (I'm a millennial, btw) is f***ing disgusting and they can't be bothered to not actively kill people. Maybe it's Gen Z at this point, I don't know.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why wouldn't he have closed the parks when he's closed everything else that's not essential?
He wanted to leave us one nice place to do solitary activities but underestimated how brainless people are. Congregating outdoors is still congregating.

A lot of parks also literally don't have fences so it's hard to enforce. I would hate to have to have law enforcement in parks but people are pushing it that way.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My favorite is the salon.

"I'm going to be sitting in my living room the entire summer not having contact with anyone except who's in my living room. Better get my hair done."

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
He wanted to leave us one nice place to do solitary activities but underestimated how brainless people are. Congregating outdoors is still congregating.

A lot of parks also literally don't have fences so it's hard to enforce. I would hate to have to have law enforcement in parks but people are pushing it that way.

Park in the downtown section of my city took the basketball rims down, sad they have to take it out of the people’s hands, but if people can’t listen, what can you do?

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Park in the downtown section of my city took the basketball rims down, sad they have to take it out of the people’s hands, but if people can’t listen, what can you do?
The thing I've heard is "not that many people die." Yeah, just a few thousand. Look at yourself in the mirror and think about that.

But beyond that, these people need to understand that those in charge are simply not going to allow it. The more they f*** off, the harsher and longer the restrictions get. So it's just about "oh I won't come in contact with the sick and old." You're affecting the lives of over 8 million New Yorkers.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yikes. Because they said something wrong it’s fun to make fun of them now and say Karma. What if they die? What if they transmit it to there significant other and they die? Is it still funny? You’re better than this RB.

I think that the real issue is that it’s totally unacceptable for a News Channel to make reports like that.

It’s just tremendously dangerous. Pure disinformation intended to gain different advantages. History is full of examples of what can be accomplished with powerful disinformation campaigns. They don’t care.

Humanity have said “never again” many times, but it’s forgotten.

Nobody is asking me, but if they did a TV channel like Fox would be banned... ;)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think that the real issue is that it’s totally unacceptable for a News Channel to make reports like that.

It’s just tremendously dangerous. Pure disinformation intended to gain different advantages. History is full of examples of what can be accomplished with powerful disinformation campaigns. They don’t care.

Nobody is asking me, but if they did a TV channel like Fox would be banned... ;)

Fox is bad, but there's plenty of bullshit to go around, so where does it end? In this country, we have freedom of the press because otherwise, it's a slippery slope to totalitarianism.

Reactions: Ola

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think Cuomo said something to the effect of four months but only with a good response. That's July.

I know that sounds bad, but to be honest, I'll dance in the streets if we save some of the summer.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

I absolutely agree, but wishing the virus/death on someone? That’s worse and cringy to read and watch people defend on here, no matter who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->