Coronavirus - CoVID-19 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Zinc is a known viral inhibitor. Vitamin C is known booster of the immune system, and may change blood chemistry in a way that inhibits viral replication.
It's dumb to assume that eating all your veggies or taking vitamins somehow makes someone immune to COVID-19 complications, but it's even dumber to keep making comments like yours.
Probably wouldn't make the top 100 in this thread.

Reactions: Jakey53

stonec

Nov 21, 2011
There is more risk if you are older, above 75, more deaths by far in that age group, but they also have other ailments, so not healthy. Genetics have next to nothing to do with death rates. It really is simple, live a healthy lifestyle and your immune system will do its job. Taking vitamin C/D/Zinc might help as well.

I asked you to backup your claims with evidence, but you just repeated them. Is this healthy lifestyle enough to become unaffected by other viruses as well such as HIV and SARS-CoV-1 (the 2003 coronavirus which killed 10% of its victims)?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I asked you to backup your claims with evidence, but you just repeated them. Is this healthy lifestyle enough to become unaffected by other viruses as well such as HIV and SARS-CoV-1 (the 2003 coronavirus which killed 10% of its victims)?
A healthy lifestyle is your best defense to fight off any virus, that is pretty clear, but its not 100% guaranteed. Again, live however you want, wait for a vaccine, stay isolated the next 2 years, all up to you:)

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
A healthy lifestyle is your best defense to fight off any virus, that is pretty clear, but its not 100% guaranteed. Again, live however you want, wait for a vaccine, stay isolated the next 2 years, all up to you:)

agreed. And even the vaccine won’t be 100% either. That’s just stupid to think it would be. Look at all the damages they cause annually. Ignorant of you think so.

Reactions: cobra427

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
agreed. And even the vaccine won’t be 100% either. That’s just stupid to think it would be. Look at all the damages they cause annually. Ignorant of you think so.
Do you think the world would be a better place if we got rid of vaccines?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think people should have the choice. Nobody should be trusting a guy who won’t even vaccinate his own kids. Know what I mean?

It's a tough call about what should and should not be mandated by the government. I'm all for freedom, but should kids be protected from stupid parents? If we don't mandate vaccinating kids against Smallpox and other diseases, should society also mandate car seats and baby sitters?

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The stock market thinks the economy is fine. The bond market disagrees. I'm siding with bonds.

No quick recovery.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The stock market thinks the economy is fine. The bond market disagrees. I'm siding with bonds.

No quick recovery.

Dead cat bounce and short covering rally. History repeats itself, meaning we retest the lows from a month or so ago in the next 6 -12 months, maybe take them out.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's a tough call about what should and should not be mandated by the government. I'm all for freedom, but should kids be protected from stupid parents? If we don't mandate vaccinating kids against Smallpox and other diseases, should society also mandate car seats and baby sitters?
Impossible to protect kids from stupid parents if that is the goal. I think you should have a choice as to which vaccines if any, you give your kids, or taking a flu shot, or covid-19 vaccine if it is ever available. There is a vaccine for so many virus's now, hard to tell which ones if any, actually work or are safe. Big Pharma has a vested interest in making money more so than the efficacy of vaccines, so any studies can be manipulated or have flawed results. I am not saying don't get vaccinated for anything, I am saying do your homework and understand the risk/benefit, then make your own decision.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I think people should have the choice. Nobody should be trusting a guy who won’t even vaccinate his own kids. Know what I mean?
Actually I don't understand what you mean, I asked if you thought the world would be a better place without vaccines but you said something about the right to choose and not trusting some guy which lost me. I just wanted to know if you think we would better off without vaccines?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Has there ever been medical research where "needs further study" was not one of the conclusions? This study out of Northwestern suggests a "strong correlation between severe vitamin D deficiency and mortality rates."

"While I think it is important for people to know that vitamin D deficiency might play a role in mortality, we don't need to push vitamin D on everybody," -Vadim Backman, lead researcher

But it couldn't hurt...or could it? We need further study. :eyeroll:

Vitamin D appears to play role in COVID-19 mortality rates

Last edited:
Reactions: cobra427

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Actually I don't understand what you mean, I asked if you thought the world would be a better place without vaccines but you said something about the right to choose and not trusting some guy which lost me. I just wanted to know if you think we would better off without vaccines?

it doesn’t really matter what my opinion is. And it should really matter and scare the hell out of people when someone so adamant against them all of a sudden plays a game of how many people we can kill (event 201) and now want to make a vaccine. Your head is in the ground if this doesn’t raise red flags for you.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Has there ever been medical research where "needs further study" was not one of the conclusions? This study out of Northwestern suggests a "strong correlation between severe vitamin D deficiency and mortality rates."

"While I think it is important for people to know that vitamin D deficiency might play a role in mortality, we don't need to push vitamin D on everybody," -Vadim Backman, lead researcher

But it couldn't hurt...or could it? We need further study. :eyeroll:

Vitamin D appears to play role in COVID-19 mortality rates
There was an article somewhere in this thread that I linked to that talked about the negative effects of over supplementing vitamin D, that may be one of the reasons their saying not to push vitamin D on everyone. Really though my guess is they're saying it because high correlation is still correlation. Vitamin D could literally have nothing to do with it, unless a study is done that reveals some causality they're going to rightfully dull expectations.

it doesn’t really matter what my opinion is. And it should really matter and scare the hell out of people when someone so adamant against them all of a sudden plays a game of how many people we can kill (event 201) and now want to make a vaccine. Your head is in the ground if this doesn’t raise red flags for you.
Ok fair enough, you've made it clear you don't want to answer that question so I'll stop asking it.

As for the rest of your comment, I'm still lost, you're talking like I should automatically know what you're referencing. Who is this guy people can't trust, how we should be scared of him changing his mind and how I'm ignorant if all of it doesn't raise red flags? Are you being super vague on purpose?

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
There was an article somewhere in this thread that I linked to that talked about the negative effects of over supplementing vitamin D, that may be one of the reasons their saying not to push vitamin D on everyone. Really though my guess is they're saying it because high correlation is still correlation. Vitamin D could literally have nothing to do with it, unless a study is done that reveals some causality they're going to rightfully dull expectations.

Ok fair enough, you've made it clear you don't want to answer that question so I'll stop asking it.

As for the rest of your comment, I'm still lost, you're talking like I should automatically know what you're referencing. Who is this guy people can't trust, how we should be scared of him changing his mind and how I'm ignorant if all of it doesn't raise red flags? Are you being super vague on purpose?
Bill gates

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

I had to Google it too and the four of the first five sites that came up were fact checking "Event 201" and how it didn't spread COVID.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

They are saying not to push vitamin D because Big Pharma can't make money on it. You have to take massive amounts of vitamin D for your levels to be 150+ which is the level they think "might" be toxic. Most people are at a level of 20 or less, so supplementing makes sense. You should also take vitamin K2 with it.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
I had to Google it too and the four of the first five sites that came up were fact checking "Event 201" and how it didn't spread COVID.
It was quite ironic just after their meeting of the financial cabals of the world, we now have this incident. And now the push for the vaccine and ID2020

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Early on, the government was telling us that ordinary citizens would not benefit from wearing masks. Were they lying to prevent a run on masks, or just I'll informed?

If 80% of Americans Wore Masks, COVID-19 Infections Would Plummet, New Study Says

If 80% of Americans Wore Masks, COVID-19 Infections Would Plummet, New Study Says
They were lying to protect the N95 supply. Let's But also, that study sounds mostly useless to be honest. Kinda like a cloth mask.
As far as I know the Surgeon General himself still maintains that people who don't know how to use a mask actually increase their odds of transmission when using one. I would imagine that's still true.
I don't think a cloth mask in particular is going to give you any meaningful protection (or grant others protection).

Simple Respiratory Protection—Evaluation of the Filtration Performance of Cloth Masks and Common Fabric Materials Against 20–1000 nm Size Particles

Figure viral particles at about 100 nm

"Results obtained in the study show that common fabric materials may provide marginal protection against nanoparticles including those in the size ranges of virus-containing particles in exhaled breath."

Still have penetration rates of up to 90%. That's assuming it's fitted correctly.

Weigh that against people increasingly touching their faces, improperly wearing the mask, the effects of moisture in the mask, the increased carbon dioixide levels that everyone who has had to wear masks is warned about prior to this, along with the false sense of security.

But again, they created a psychological need, and now they are giving people ways to fill it.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Trying to navigate information on COVID-19

e4200e2b3c785f7c34bbe8e449693e6c.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad