Coronavirus - CoVID-19 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Had not heard of this
I'm pretty sure anyone who has had to wear a mask occupationally has been briefed on hypercapnia risks.
The simple solution is to remove the mask when you get a headache to avoid dangerous levels of carbondioxide. The headache, dizziness, odd exhaustion, etc is your warning sign. So you exit the hazard conditions and remove your mask.

People are either going to remove the mask for general discomfort (or if they recognize symptoms for what they are) or they are going to put themselves at other risks unknowingly. Neither really seems like a solution.

Particularly when wearing it in the best case scenario (well fitted mask worn correctly, of right cloth material) still permits 60% of viral load of thousands of particles to penetrate the mask. Other materials allowed up to 98% penetration perfectly fitted and sealed.

You've heard them start to pimp the mask, but haven't really heard anything about how to wear it, the false sense of security, how effective it is, how often mask wearers touch their faces, potential hypercapnia risks, etc

Employers are going to mandate mask use, without a clue of the risks, education about the risks, and what to do when you have warning signs. When the cashier complains she has a headache and feels dizzy/hot and needs to take a break, how many will get a break? And how many will not be allowed to take off masks on break because employers are paranoid and uneducated?

Driver in crash may have passed out from wearing N95 mask too long: Police

It's dumb. If you're going to tell people (employees or customers) they all have to wear masks, then you need to make sure you know what you are talking about and convey it. People are going to find themselves in liability situations over a mask that does next to nothing to prevent contagions.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
agreed. And even the vaccine won’t be 100% either. That’s just stupid to think it would be. Look at all the damages they cause annually. Ignorant of you think so.

Some name calling.

I think people should have the choice. Nobody should be trusting a guy who won’t even vaccinate his own kids. Know what I mean?

No, I have no idea who you are talking about, but I'm certain it's gonna be a good one.

it doesn’t really matter what my opinion is. And it should really matter and scare the hell out of people when someone so adamant against them all of a sudden plays a game of how many people we can kill (event 201) and now want to make a vaccine. Your head is in the ground if this doesn’t raise red flags for you.

The hell is Event 201? Sounds scary. Oh, an exercise to attempt to improve preparedness distorted into something scary by Infowars. Please stop getting information from Infowars.

New Coronavirus Wasn't 'Predicted' In Simulation

Bill gates

Oh, there it is. I'd fact-check that assertion as well.

Bill Gates did not refuse to vaccinate his children

Sometimes, things as they appear really are every bit as simple as they appear. The only reason to create fanciful plots full of bad guys with sinister purposes is to get hits on a web site.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Some name calling.

No, I have no idea who you are talking about, but I'm certain it's gonna be a good one.

The hell is Event 201? Sounds scary. Oh, an exercise to attempt to improve preparedness distorted into something scary by Infowars. Please stop getting information from Infowars.

New Coronavirus Wasn't 'Predicted' In Simulation

Oh, there it is. I'd fact-check that assertion as well.

Bill Gates did not refuse to vaccinate his children

Sometimes, things as they appear really are every bit as simple as they appear. The only reason to create fanciful plots full of bad guys with sinister purposes is to get hits on a web site.
You’re killing me but thanks for the thoughtful response.
If it was truly about preparedness, why were only financial folks there and no medical personnel there?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
You’re killing me but thanks for the thoughtful response.
If it was truly about preparedness, why were only financial folks there and no medical personnel there?

Because the upper class were making money off it. Remember the senators who sold stock around the time they learned about COVID? Spoiler: they were conservative.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Because the upper class were making money off it. Remember the senators who sold stock around the time they learned about COVID? Spoiler: they were conservative.
Party affiliation doesn’t matter. Wrong is wrong. That was totally wrong. Haven’t heard much about it lately.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Just take your vaccine when he comes up with one. It’ll all be fine. :)
Epstein was murdered. And it was hit. And it was by powerful people. That’s definitely true. So maybe all of this insane Facebook nonsense is real. Almost certainly it’s not. That entire Epstein thing really took away anyone’s ability to conspiracy theory shame, though. Epstein really was the watershed moment for every flat earth, lizard people, gay frogs guy out there.

What you’re alluding to is absolutely nonsense. But there’s a decent chance that vaccine is poison. It won’t be on purpose though. The sad truth is it won’t be deadly because of evil plots. It’ll just be basic stupidly, run of the mill laziness, greed, and lack of give a f***.

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't think there is any great illumi-naughty scheme unfolding, but I think it's kinda equally naive to think that there are not many, many people, groups, corporations who cannot wait to capitalize on this opportunity where everyone is scared and happily handing the government anything it wants for "security", "peace", and "safety" and printing more imaginary money to hand out for the "greater good."
Politicans and corporations happy that people are too scared to criticize the way emergency spending bills are written for "small businesses" while Harvard and the Lakers (and many others, I'm sure, but I'm too lazy to source) swoop in to nuzzle at the federal teat.

Same thing happening in the states, where the state governments know that refusing funding requests are political hot potato because of the "crisis".

Politicians seeing a chance to push and fund their pet projects because there is urgency to get a deal done. Rewarding mega -donors with ambiguous bill writing.

A government greedily assuming powers not granted it constitutionally.

I don't think either of those things are D/R issues -- it's a corporate uniparty.

Noticeable lack of Congressional response on things that might actually matter. Great chance for the left to push the importance of mandated sick time. Great chance for both parties to criticize the dangers of an economy lacking the ability to manufacture critical industries including pharmaceuticals, PPE, etc.

But issues like those affect the bottom lines of corporate donors and advertisers...

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

Party affiliation doesn’t matter. Wrong is wrong. That was totally wrong. Haven’t heard much about it lately.

doaner's correct..... there were senators from both parties who dumped stocks right after initially being briefed on the pandemic.

Greed knows no party line.

4 U.S. senators sold stock after getting coronavirus threat briefings in January

sundance74

Oct 13, 2013
North of Puszta

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They were lying to protect the N95 supply. Let's But also, that study sounds mostly useless to be honest. Kinda like a cloth mask.
As far as I know the Surgeon General himself still maintains that people who don't know how to use a mask actually increase their odds of transmission when using one. I would imagine that's still true.
I don't think a cloth mask in particular is going to give you any meaningful protection (or grant others protection).

Simple Respiratory Protection—Evaluation of the Filtration Performance of Cloth Masks and Common Fabric Materials Against 20–1000 nm Size Particles

Figure viral particles at about 100 nm

"Results obtained in the study show that common fabric materials may provide marginal protection against nanoparticles including those in the size ranges of virus-containing particles in exhaled breath."

Still have penetration rates of up to 90%. That's assuming it's fitted correctly.

Weigh that against people increasingly touching their faces, improperly wearing the mask, the effects of moisture in the mask, the increased carbon dioixide levels that everyone who has had to wear masks is warned about prior to this, along with the false sense of security.

But again, they created a psychological need, and now they are giving people ways to fill it.
The so called experts can't agree what's best. If the media would just shut up, us dummies wouldn't give this virus a second thought, but no, they put panic in everyone and now you see the result.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The so called experts can't agree what's best. If the media would just shut up, us dummies wouldn't give this virus a second thought, but no, they put panic in everyone and now you see the result.
Could you point out an expert who thinks you shouldn't give this virus a second thought and just go about your regular day?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm pretty sure anyone who has had to wear a mask occupationally has been briefed on hypercapnia risks.
The simple solution is to remove the mask when you get a headache to avoid dangerous levels of carbondioxide. The headache, dizziness, odd exhaustion, etc is your warning sign. So you exit the hazard conditions and remove your mask.

People are either going to remove the mask for general discomfort (or if they recognize symptoms for what they are) or they are going to put themselves at other risks unknowingly. Neither really seems like a solution.

Particularly when wearing it in the best case scenario (well fitted mask worn correctly, of right cloth material) still permits 60% of viral load of thousands of particles to penetrate the mask. Other materials allowed up to 98% penetration perfectly fitted and sealed.

You've heard them start to pimp the mask, but haven't really heard anything about how to wear it, the false sense of security, how effective it is, how often mask wearers touch their faces, potential hypercapnia risks, etc

Employers are going to mandate mask use, without a clue of the risks, education about the risks, and what to do when you have warning signs. When the cashier complains she has a headache and feels dizzy/hot and needs to take a break, how many will get a break? And how many will not be allowed to take off masks on break because employers are paranoid and uneducated?

Driver in crash may have passed out from wearing N95 mask too long: Police

It's dumb. If you're going to tell people (employees or customers) they all have to wear masks, then you need to make sure you know what you are talking about and convey it. People are going to find themselves in liability situations over a mask that does next to nothing to prevent contagions.
It's more than dumb.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Could you point out an expert who thinks you shouldn't give this virus a second thought and just go about your regular day?
I didn't say that, did I. I said "they can't agree what's best". The media runs with these stories and people are glued to their TV all day long and believe everything. Look around you for proof.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I didn't say that, did I. I said "they can't agree what's best". The media runs with these stories and people are glued to their TV all day long and believe everything. Look around you for proof.
The "experts" have said from the beginning that not gathering in crowds, social distancing when you have to go out, good hand hygiene, and don't touch your face, are the best ways to combat this virus. That has been clear from the start. Just exercising and drinking lots of water while continuing your normal Life has been your mantra, it was wrong the first time you wrote it and still is.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The "experts" have said from the beginning that not gathering in crowds, social distancing when you have to go out, good hand hygiene, and don't touch your face, are the best ways to combat this virus. That has been clear from the start. Just exercising and drinking lots of water while continuing your normal Life has been your mantra, it was wrong the first time you wrote it and still is.
Good hygiene is just common sense. If you don't practice good hygiene you can just as easily get the flu or a cold. Many experts have said social distancing doesn't help, and as far as not touching your face, we all do, many times a day and we can't stop that. Nothing about this virus has been clear from the start. NOTHING.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Good hygiene is just common sense. If you don't practice good hygiene you can just as easily get the flu or a cold. Many experts have said social distancing doesn't help, and as far as not touching your face, we all do, many times a day and we can't stop that. Nothing about this virus has been clear from the start. NOTHING.
I just told you the clear advice since the beginning, you just choose to ignore it. I have not seen one expert say social distancing doesn't help? We can stop anything, it's called discipline.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
WaPo said:
During a task force meeting Wednesday, a heated discussion broke out between Deborah Birx, the physician who oversees the administration’s coronavirus response, and Robert Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Birx and others were frustrated with the CDC’s antiquated system for tracking virus data, which they worried was inflating some statistics — such as mortality rate and case count — by as much as 25 percent, according to four people present for the discussion or later briefed on it. Two senior administration officials said the discussion was not heated.
“There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust,” Birx said, according to two of the people.
As deaths mount, Trump tries to convince Americans it’s safe to inch back to normal

Reactions: Bonsai Tree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad