Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
LOL, I assume you mean Joe but point taken. It goes back way further. I'm not even researching this and I can remember:

GWB saying America has no greater friend and ally than Mexico, softwood lumber tariffs, visited us once in 8 years, Obama blocking Keystone XL for 8 years while cynically building new oil infrastructure all over his country, more softwood lumber problems, steel industry problems (at least he visited us due to a family presence in my city of Burlington), Trump shit all over us the entire time he was president including Buy America, steel and aluminum tariffs, Shaftya, etc., Biden's first move was to shut down Keystone again, reinforces Buy America, no vaccines for us, Michigan gov wants to shut down Enbringe Line 5 (I hope they do, ON and QC need to finally be shocked into reality over our energy naivety), 2 men openly kidnapped by China for 2+ years now because we detained Meng at the *US's* request and they do nothing, a plane full of Canadian citizens and/or permanent residents blown out of the sky in retaliation to the killing of Iran's lead general by the *US* last year and again, they do nothing.

Quite simply, they haven't been friendly in a long time. Clinton is likely the last president that even openly spoke nicely about us. Imagine if this was our relationship in the height of the cold war? Again, they need to remember who their *best* friend is and drop the politics once in awhile.
I agree....and our kids learn the Mexican states and capitals and can’t name the providences (sic) of Canada.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I agree....and our kids learn the Mexican states and capitals and can’t name the providences (sic) of Canada.

Makes sense there are 62 million Hispanic speaking people in the US, there are 35 million Canadians in Canada. The Hispanic culture in the US has a far more significant influence on the US than Canada. there are more Latino's in the US than there are Canadians in Canada....

25% of foreign born people in the US are from Mexico, Canada is <2% of the foreign born people in the US.

Leading countries of origin for foreign-born residents U.S. 2018 | Statista

Last edited:
Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

I read an article that people were less likely to go to the emergency for heart attack and stroke symptoms out of fear they would catch Covid ... your stats are consistent with that story.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I read an article that people were less likely to go to the emergency for heart attack and stroke symptoms out of fear they would catch Covid ... your stats are consistent with that story.

Yes, the wait times for emergency departments last year were amazingly low.
People afraid to go, and more likely the people who went really needed to go, unlike other years when people who should have seen their family doctor went to emergency/urgent care instead.

Reactions: Pink Mist

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So bleach wasn't the answer?

I would still go with this regiment...Vit D, quercetin, zinc, Vit C and melatonin. If you do get sick early use of Plaquenil or Ivermectin or if you are at risk of hospitalization monoclonal antibody treatment.

That’s better than the scare tactics used in the media and by some politicians. One year later there are healthy, extremely low risk people petrified of this virus.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
To end any threat to our health care system we need to vaccinated about 100,000 50 + y/o. Currently we are vaccinating ~2 million per day with the hope to get it to 3 million. Hopefully in another 30 days they’ll be real close to that number allowing us to help out other countries while also inoculating the younger age groups.
Canada has ~15 million 50+ y/o so it shouldn’t take long to get them vaccinated and stop the threat up there as well.

NHL Playoffs + Fans = Good Times.
We have not vaccinated anybody since January 22, 2021 in Ontario... and MAYBE we are getting 30,000 doses by Friday this week 3 weeks without any doses from anybody ... and now MAYBE we have 1M doses by end of March if U BELIEVE (which was supposed to be 2.5M doses) .. in Ontario we are nowhere close to vaccinating over 50's ... my guess given current protectionist practices I will be lucky to get a shot by end of summer ... I may go down with my wife, mom and dad to Florida so we can all get vaccinated ... but they all have pre-existing conditions so it makes choice much harder

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Yes, the wait times for emergency departments last year were amazingly low.
People afraid to go, and more likely the people who went really needed to go, unlike other years when people who should have seen their family doctor went to emergency/urgent care instead.

Had a co-worker yesterday take 9.5 hours to get in. Boggles my mind.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
WHO says coronavirus unlikely to have leaked from lab in China

Do we believe this?
That whole WHO mission was/is such a political football and everyone knows it ... everything was agreed in advance before they even stepped foot in China ... China uses WHO to try to unleverage itself from financial responsibilities to da world ... clearly NO one knows where virus came from ... did it come from bats naturally OR did it came from Wuhan lab ????????? ... you have to ask yourself why did china request this WHO report??????????????? Bottom line it came from China and they HID it from da world for 45-60 days why why why??????????????????????????//

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

Do we believe this?

Do you think it's a coincidence that the virus started spreading from a seafood market that was like 10 miles away from their BSL-4 lab that was studying coronaviruses? China only has two BSL-4 labs in their whole country.

When the lab was being built... a lot of people raised concerns about the possibility of a leak due to China's poor safety standards.

Inside the Chinese lab poised to study world's most dangerous pathogens

Of all the places in the world for this virus to appear... it would have to be a heck of a coincidence for it to be Wuhan and not have any relation to that lab.

I'm surprised that this is even considered controversial and I'm surprised at how many people don't believe it. Like it just happen to be a seafood market a few miles away from one of these labs? Come on...

If before this all started, someone asked you to make a list of all the places that a virus would be most likely to leak out from a lab, Wuhan would have to be near the top of that list.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
That whole WHO mission was/is such a political football and everyone knows it ... everything was agreed in advance before they even stepped foot in China ... China uses WHO to try to unleverage itself from financial responsibilities to da world ... clearly NO one knows where virus came from ... did it come from bats naturally OR did it came from Wuhan lab ????????? ... you have to ask yourself why did china request this WHO report??????????????? Bottom line it came from China and they HID it from da world for 45-60 days why why why??????????????????????????//

I read one that said it came from the US military.

So I really don't believe anyone, not China, USofA, nor the Vatican. They all have agenda's.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto

So I really don't believe anyone, not China, USofA, nor the Vatican. They all have agenda's.

And also at this point does it really matter? Canada has totally bungled it's pandemic response so I don't really care where it's original source is at this point

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Do you think it's a coincidence that the virus started spreading from a seafood market that was like 10 miles away from their BSL-4 lab that was studying coronaviruses? China only has two BSL-4 labs in their whole country.

When the lab was being built... a lot of people raised concerns about the possibility of a leak due to China's poor safety standards.

Inside the Chinese lab poised to study world's most dangerous pathogens

Of all the places in the world for this virus to appear... it would have to be a heck of a coincidence for it to be Wuhan and not have any relation to that lab.

I'm surprised that this is even considered controversial and I'm surprised at how many people don't believe it. Like it just happen to be a seafood market a few miles away from one of these labs? Come on...

If before this all started, someone asked you to make a list of all the places that a virus would be most likely to leak out from a lab, Wuhan would have to be near the top of that list.

I tend to think it was man made virus. I think it came from a lab.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Yep they all do ... WHO is lead funded by Microsoft guy Gates who is invested in these vaccines through his not for profit orgs investments which grows by da day ... China got itself somehow into a lead management position in WHO (with virtually nothing $$$ invested) which p*ssed USA off so they don't trust a thing from them and never will unless they are back in charge ... I don't trust a thing any of them say on this matter as they all have their agendas which I find very SAD that da world does not a TRUSTED sources for VACCINES ... all I know is we here in Canada need to make OUR OWN vaccines again and we can't be reliant on da WORLD to take care of us ... I hate livin on a prayer

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yep they all do ... WHO is lead funded by Microsoft guy Gates who is invested in these vaccines through his not for profit orgs investments which grows by da day ... China got itself somehow into a lead management position in WHO (with virtually nothing $$$ invested) which p*ssed USA off so they don't trust a thing from them and never will unless they are back in charge ... I don't trust a thing any of them say on this matter as they all have their agendas which I find very SAD that da world does not a TRUSTED sources for VACCINES ... all I know is we here in Canada need to make OUR OWN vaccines again and we can't be reliant on da WORLD to take care of us ... I hate livin on a prayer

There is a company in Alberta that believes it is ready but it wants the Feds to give it money, IIRC around $150mm.

Meanwhile Alberta provincial government throws $1.5 billion away on ancient hopes and dreams pipelines.

If only someone wanted to take care of the people and not reward their friends.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
We have not vaccinated anybody since January 22, 2021 in Ontario... and MAYBE we are getting 30,000 doses by Friday this week 3 weeks without any doses from anybody ... and now MAYBE we have 1M doses by end of March if U BELIEVE (which was supposed to be 2.5M doses) .. in Ontario we are nowhere close to vaccinating over 50's ... my guess given current protectionist practices I will be lucky to get a shot by end of summer ... I may go down with my wife, mom and dad to Florida so we can all get vaccinated ... but they all have pre-existing conditions so it makes choice much harder
Are they citizens or permanent residents? If not, there is a 50,000 charge per dose per person.:naughty:

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I tend to think it was man made virus. I think it came from a lab.
It’s not man made but the Wuhan lab was working with gain of function experiments on bat viruses. Oddly enough these experiments were banned in the US and all grants and funding were illegal. Now we are hearing rumblings that the NIH was funding groups with grants working in that Wuhan lab and Francis Collins and Tony Fauci at minimum knew about it.

I don’t think there is any question it came from this lab.

Reactions: Cypruss

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
He waited 9 hrs? I’m so thankful I never have to worry about anything like that.

Yup. Several others waited longer. Some just left after 12 hours.

I don't work in hospitals and am rarely there but find myself disgusted any time I have been there. Hard to pinpoint the issue without being on the inside but part of me thinks they probably have too many rules in place as to who has authority to do what. You see a ton of people (staff) sitting around doing nothing.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
There is a company in Alberta that believes it is ready but it wants the Feds to give it money, IIRC around $150mm.

Meanwhile Alberta provincial government throws $1.5 billion away on ancient hopes and dreams pipelines.

If only someone wanted to take care of the people and not reward their friends.

Those hopes and dreams will be powering the entire world for the rest of your life. And whatever device you just typed that on was primarily comprised of hopes-and-dreams derivatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad