Coronavirus and General O/T Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
'Wanting people to wear masks in order to slow the spread of a deadly disease is selfish.' - MBH

In other news, water is dry.

To be backwards to that level is mighty impressive.

The anti-mask brigade once again proving something very different than they believe they are proving.

Reactions: avssuc and Bench

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I like how some of the same people that want Fauci fired for changing his approach are the ones that want Blashill fired for staying the course.

Nothing wrong with not liking somebody. But call it the personal bias that it is instead of pretending it's based on objective data or widespread consensus.
He didn't change his approach. He lied. He also doesn't follow his own rules and he's in the most at risk age category.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Do you even read the articles you reference?

The first story is Fauci saying that NY did a good job with restrictions, based on the data showing lower case numbers. Which it did at the time he made that statement.

The second story is saying that the Cuomo administration severely underreported COVID-19 stats for nursing homes. Which, if true, they should absolutely be held accountable for...

...but how on Earth is it Fauci's fault if the governor is (allegedly) cooking the books on the numbers he's basing his comments on?

Get a grip, dude.

Reactions: avssuc

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Your trailer park boys reference gives you away.
You're one of those enlightened liberals that hates "white trash."
When you dig into that one day, you'll see that your disgust with the "depolorables" is something you should work on.

Maybe that'll get worked on when the "white trash" of which you speak also reaches across the aisle.

I'm bemused at your one sided take on this issue. I recall you bemoaning how Trump supporters are repulsed by how the liberal elite (yeah, that's not used as a perjorative!) treat them. When has there been any effort on their part to understand why people feel that way about them? Or when has there been any kind of trying to find common ground with anyone that has values contrary to them?

I can't embrace any given sect that claims victomhood when the same intolerance and disregard they put forth is reciprocated to them.

Last edited:

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Dear FBI, I am not associated with these QAnoners.

Even though the jest is obvious, we honestly don't know if any of the MAGA crowd here were at the terrorist insurrection in DC on the 6th. This 'Y'all Qaeda' movement is bigger than most of us want believe, and I think many of us, even after the insurrection, still underestimate the treachery they are capable of.

For that reason, I am signing on to your waiver.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Maybe that'll get worked on when the "white trash" of which you speak also reaches across the aisle.

I'm bemused at your one sided take on this issue. I recall you bemoaning how Trump supporters are repulsed by how the liberal elite (yeah, that's not used as a perjorative!) treat them. When has there been any effort on their part to understand why people feel that way about them? Or when has there been any kind of trying to find common ground with anyone that has values contrary to them?

I can't embrace any given sect that claims victomhood when the same intolerance and disregard they put forth is reciprocated to them.

One sided? Which side is that.
My guess is you have no idea which side I am on.

Which makes the rest of your post useless.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
'Wanting people to wear masks in order to slow the spread of a deadly disease is selfish.' - MBH

In other news, water is dry.

To be backwards to that level is mighty impressive.

The anti-mask brigade once again proving something very different than they believe they are proving.

Hey look, there's Jaster the brave, once again playing 7th fiddle in the circle jerk. You might get up to 6th fiddle if you put more effort into the stroke.

I wore a mask out in the field today, by the way. I will always wear a mask where anyone asks.

What I'm opposed to is lying about their effectiveness, and lying to the public about their effectiveness.
Stupidly believing these lies and shaming other people who don't.
What I'm opposed to is hysteria by COVIDiotCancel Culture Karens who are STILL bitching if a business operates within the law - and trying to tell people not to use the services, shaming the business and the users.

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Even though the jest is obvious, we honestly don't know if any of the MAGA crowd here were at the terrorist insurrection in DC on the 6th. This 'Y'all Qaeda' movement is bigger than most of us want believe, and I think many of us, even after the insurrection, still underestimate the treachery they are capable of.

For that reason, I am signing on to your waiver.

Yes. I agree and disavow any connections to any of th Qanon-type messaging here.

When it all started, I thought they were trolling for shits and giggles. That it was all some massive "hahaha, I'm so funny by being so edgy". But no, this is their actual beliefs.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Hey look, there's Jaster the brave, once again playing 7th fiddle in the circle jerk. You might get up to 6th fiddle if you put more effort into the stroke.

I wore a mask out in the field today, by the way. I will always wear a mask where anyone asks.

What I'm opposed to is lying about their effectiveness, and lying to the public about their effectiveness.
What I'm opposed to is hysteria by COVIDiotCancel Culture Karens who are STILL bitching if a business operates within the law - and trying to tell people not to use the services, shaming the business and the users.

That opening... holy f**k dude... are you okay? That's not funny, it's not smart, it's not kind... so why type it?

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I used TA and my GI Bill to go to school online while deployed all over the world... and that gives me exclusive membership into a community of 'trust fund' privilege? The last time I voted was in 2008 in the Texas republican primary... I voted Ron Paul. We all make bad suppositions, but when you're working from a MAGA toolbox, that's a way of life.

Why are you more 'deplorable' (in the colloquial sense) than me? How many combat deployments and IED blasts did you take for your country? How many nights did you sleep in a landfill? Have you ever done anything in your life to serve this country, or have you always been with the terrorists?

From your content here, you sound sympathetic to the domestic terrorists that stormed the Capitol. If we are using base definition, there's nothing more 'deplorable' than that.

[Edited for grammar]

I am sympathetic to people who feel so f***ed over they storm the capitol, in the same way I am sympathetic to the people who feel so f***ed over they burned police stations, set businesses on fire and beat people up.

I don't condone them. They should be punished.

However, I am sympathetic to their plight. I am sympathetic to the way they've been manipulated.

I have less sympathy for the educated comfortable class who sit at home, ordering food deliveries and amazon (not thinking of the kitchen workers, farmers, warehouse workers or delivery drivers), who moralize about masks and social distancing while collecting full paychecks while working from home....
And who talk about the white working class the same way lot of the white working class talks about blacks and immigrants.
These people who could - if they wanted - demand real reform. But instead to choose to protect their comfort.

These people are supposedly educated - and yet they're playing their part in the slow destruction of the country.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
That opening... holy f**k dude... are you okay? That's not funny, it's not smart, it's not kind... so why type it?

Telling a circle jerker they are a circle jerker is not funny, not smart and not kind?
You thought Jaster's post about me was designed to elicit a Hallmark Card?

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I am sympathetic to people who feel so f***ed over they storm the capitol, in the same way I am sympathetic to the people who feel so f***ed over they burned police stations, set businesses on fire and beat people up.

I don't condone them. They should be punished.

However, I am sympathetic to their plight. I am sympathetic to the way they've been manipulated.

I have less sympathy for the educated comfortable class who sit at home, ordering food deliveries and amazon (not thinking of the kitchen workers, farmers, warehouse workers or delivery drivers), who moralize about masks and social distancing while collecting full paychecks while working from home....
And who talk about the white working class the same way lot of the white working class talks about blacks and immigrants.
These people who could - if they wanted - demand real reform. But instead to choose to protect their comfort.

These people are supposedly educated - and yet they're playing their part in the slow destruction of the country.
You have more sympathy for the people who think they need to resort to violence to affect change than the people who think they should keep their heads down and make the best of things until a pandemic subsides.

Is that what I just read?

Reactions: RabidBadger

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
One sided? Which side is that.
My guess is you have no idea which side I am on.

Which makes the rest of your post useless.

I said your take on how the "liberal elite" view of so-called, by you, "white trash" is one sided. I never delved into what tribe you ascribe to.

Your non-sequitor aside, you make it abundantly clear who you eschew/advocate for when when you defend "persecuted" Trump supporters from educated people and launch ad hominem attacks on posters for being "enlightened liberals" who need to work on their viewpoints of the "deplorables" of society.

Which makes your response to my post useless.

Last edited:

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
You have more sympathy for the people who think they need to resort to violence to affect change than the people who think they should keep their heads down and make the best of things until a pandemic subsides.

Is that what I just read?

Comfort the afflicted.
Afflict the comfortable.

Last edited:

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I said your take on how the "liberal elite" view so-called, by you, "white trash" is one sided. I never delved into what tribe you ascribe to.

Your non-sequitor aside, you make it abundantly clear who you eschew/advocate for when when you defend "persecuted" Trump supporters from educated people and launch ad hominem attacks on posters for being "enlightened liberals" who need to work on their viewpoints of the "deplorables" of society.

Which makes your response to my post useless.

You don't make sense. Try again.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
You don't make sense. Try again.

I can't type in grunts and farts to reach you. You'll have to get a grown up to explain it to you.

Honest question, is anyone else befuddled by what I said or do we just have someone on our hands who can't grasp wordy stuff?

Reactions: jkutswings

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Telling a circle jerker they are a circle jerker is not funny, not smart and not kind?
You thought Jaster's post about me was designed to elicit a Hallmark Card?

Everywhere you go is conflict.

Is it so strange to you that large group of people can get along, respect one another, and actually enjoy each other's company through conversation without it being a massive pain in the ass?

Oh sorry, that's a circle jerk to you.

Reactions: Ezekial

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I think I finally found a whambulance stout enough to carry you all....

whambulance.jpg

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Everywhere you go is conflict.

Is it so strange to you that large group of people can get along, respect one another, and actually enjoy each other's company through conversation without it being a massive pain in the ass?

Oh sorry, that's a circle jerk to you.

I only rejoined this thread because the circle jerk was piling on Claypool.

Where there are bullies, I'll love to step in and take the punches.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

Lol. Gotcha a little fired up here. You need not explain your position any further. I know it. "Where anyone asks." Got it, bud.

I just wish you treated this topic the way you treated the climate change topic on the old board back in the day when you'd argue against heyfolks, octo, and all those other conspiracy theorists and morons, and on behalf of science.

Prioritizing your screaming about scientists changing their recommendations as they gain more information over just doing the right thing in spite of any perceived, yet inconsequential, hypocrisy... is asinine. The masks work. We know this. So if you are sowing any doubt, or making any allowances for not wearing them, then the following applies to you.... you are part of the anti-mask brigade, and I won't hesitate to shame or Karen the shit out of you in real life. You are part of the problem, your actions directly or indirectly affect others, and I don't care how much you whine about your rights. Do better.

And before you go any further with this righteous bullshit about looking out for the little guy or the small businesses, and shaming people as "enlightened liberals," stop. Just stop. That doesn't happen at scale. Businesses operating within the rules and guidances are not being shamed. It's the ones that refuse to operate within those parameters. And they are rightfully shamed. Because while you want to establish a case in their favor, their actions are causing small businesses that are operating within those parameters, to suffer. You're just white knighting for aholes.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I only rejoined this thread because the circle jerk was piling on Claypool.

Where there are bullies, I'll love to step in and take the punches.

He's being bullied? Oh goodness.

The one that is obsessed with a specific topic, posts piles of misinformation, doesn't engage with people beyond mockery and dismissal, constantly laughs in our faces and antagonizes the group with boomer memes over and over even after the conversation has long concluded. The poor guy.

The people you choose to defend and the people you pick fights here with is so revealing. You have this distorted self image as a protector of the downtrodden. You're just an asshole who takes solace with other assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad