Coronavirus and General O/T Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
I'm with you on that one and I'm a fan of hip hop (if you live in metro Detroit you should go to Grasshopper Underground in Ferndale to see some good local shows ...post pandemic) Tupac and Public Enemy easily make my top fave artists of all time.

I don't really dislike Kanye's music, I just think it's a tad overrated. His public personna doesn't help either. In terms of hip hop Drake is the only artist that actively annoys me.

Edit: Drake moves up a notch; I forgot about Machine Gun Kelly. Guh.
We can at least all agree that Kendrick is:clap:

Reactions: RabidBadger

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Ocean Weissblatt (brother of SJ '20 prospect Ozzy Weissblatt) gets arrested, almost tazed, harrassed, threatened, kicked/kneed repeatedly while he's on the ground in cuffs & face down...for "violating the Alberta health code" They're outside on a F**king hockey rink (pond)!

Un-Fu**ing Believeable. This is why (all) law enforcement unjustly & often get a bad rap. Because of the bad cops, like these 2 (both happen to be female, or "identify" as females)...they are Karen's. These are just kids & young adults, but the Karens were on a power/ego trip. The funny part was they could barely get him on the ground between the 2 of them & he was on skates. :laugh: He should've skated away & had them chase him, get tired & dejected.

Just saw the video on FB.

Hockey player assaulted, nearly tased when arrested for COVID-19 violation - Truly Times - Conservative News

This is embarrassing for the cops, and I say that as someone who is on the cops side for most things. The players are outside here, so what is he doing wrong exactly as far as breaking the health rules? I will say, eventhough the cops were wrong for arresting him and going overboard on the take down, he should still just comply, let them arrest him and embarrass themselves. By resisting a lawful command he puts himself in the wrong category as well.

If he was such a threat, why is the male cop in the video not helping at all? That tells me even he didn't agree with the situation, as cops virtually always help their partners in these situations.

Reactions: MBH

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
This is embarrassing for the cops, and I say that as someone who is on the cops side for most things. The players are outside here, so what is he doing wrong exactly as far as breaking the health rules? I will say, eventhough the cops were wrong for arresting him and going overboard on the take down, he should still just comply, let them arrest him and embarrass themselves. By resisting a lawful command he puts himself in the wrong category as well.

If he was such a threat, why is the male cop in the video not helping at all? That tells me even he didn't agree with the situation, as cops virtually always help their partners in these situations.

Yes, they were outside, but there's still outdoor gathering restrictions all across Canada.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
There's horrible violence on Soprano's,
But those things have real performances. Characters. Dialogue. Storylines.
Aah... The Sopranos, greatest tv show ever. By far margin, there 's lot of great tv-series but none of them can't reach the level, where The Sopranos was.

This friggin covid situation has also delayed The Sopranos prequel film, The Many Saints of Newark. It was scheduled to be released on September 25, 2020, but now it's supposed to be released on March 12.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yes, they were outside, but there's still outdoor gathering restrictions all across Canada.

And they didn't appear to be breaking those rules. There was hardly any people there at all, and even if they were a few over, arrests are not necessary for this.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
You can cite provincial laws all you want, but I dont see how a dozen kids playing non contact shinny in a freely ventilated environment is more likely to result in a transmission than multiple cops physically restraining a minor offender and adding him in with another number in a confined location. The kids may have technically been in the wrong (and probably should have shut up and left), but the Cops behavior is not helpful at all.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Aah... The Sopranos, greatest tv show ever. By far margin, there 's lot of great tv-series but none of them can't reach the level, where The Sopranos was.

This friggin covid situation has also delayed The Sopranos prequel film, The Many Saints of Newark. It was scheduled to be released on September 25, 2020, but now it's supposed to be released on March 12.

Looking forward to it... and maybe a spinoff

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Yeah, hat other cop just keeps walking by while those bylaw officers are kicking him and shouting "I'll f***ing taser you."
He's just probably counting the days til 30 years.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
It's a toss up between The Sopranos and Breaking Bad for me. I've tried watching The Wire four or five times but lose steam after the first season. I'll finish it eventually...

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's a toss up between The Sopranos and Breaking Bad for me. I've tried watching The Wire four or five times but lose steam after the first season. I'll finish it eventually...

Sopranos and Breaking Bad are obviously great. I'd put The Sopranos ahead there, rather comfortably for me. Sopranos gets played again in the background in my house about once a year, as it's my partners favorite show. Mad Men gets consideration from me as being almost as good.

But lately there's been a few shows that have been fantastic that don't get enough praise and are, for my money, nearly as good or better than many of the aforementioned. The Leftovers is one, and probably my favorite show in total. And the other would be Halt and Catch Fire, a truly underrated gem that picks up all it's momentum in the 2nd season and carries it to a fantastic finish. Both of those shows aired at the same time and it was genuinely my favorite era of TV in a long time.

Fargo, being an anthology, is difficult to rate as a whole. But individual seasons rival any of the above, too. Oh and season 1 of True Detective was really lightning in a bottle.

Reactions: RayMoonDoh

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
The Leftovers is one, and probably my favorite show in total.

Oh and season 1 of True Detective was really lightning in a bottle.
Yep, The Leftovers really took off halfway through season one. I thought season two was one of the best single seasons of any show I've ever seen. Surprisingly, I didn't get around to finishing the third season. I should probably do that.

TD season one was f***ing awesome.

Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yep, The Leftovers really took off halfway through season one. I thought season two was one of the best single seasons of any show I've ever seen. Surprisingly, I didn't get around to finishing the third season. I should probably do that.

If you liked season 2 of Leftovers, definitely finish it out. It has one of the most satisfying final seasons I can imagine. They really crafted a beautiful finish for all the characters. The final episode is this almost dreamlike experience that was not what I expected at all but exactly what I needed.

Reactions: Ricelund

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
You can cite provincial laws all you want, but I dont see how a dozen kids playing non contact shinny in a freely ventilated environment is more likely to result in a transmission than multiple cops physically restraining a minor offender and adding him in with another number in a confined location. The kids may have technically been in the wrong (and probably should have shut up and left), but the Cops behavior is not helpful at all.

It's so f***ing unlikely to spread the virus.
I 100 percent agree.
Yeah, the kid should have listened. But I'm glad he didn't. Because he showed how f***ing absurd and useless this overreach can be.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
If you liked season 2 of Leftovers, definitely finish it out. It has one of the most satisfying final seasons I can imagine. They really crafted a beautiful finish for all the characters. The final episode is this almost dreamlike experience that was not what I expected at all but exactly what I needed.

I have to go back and watch season 3.
And probably should go back and watch parts of season 2.
Somewhere a long the lines I lost my grip on the storyline a little bit.

Season 1 was fantastic.
Season 2 had some of the best acting I've seen in television.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

I liked TD season 1, but because of the way HBO Go was built, I watched the last episode first. LOL.

People didn't like TD season 2, but I loved it (though the Vince Vaughn dialogue didn't work)

Reactions: Ricelund

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
And they didn't appear to be breaking those rules. There was hardly any people there at all, and even if they were a few over, arrests are not necessary for this.

Just answering your question. I have zero will in opining whether or not I think the cops here were justified in what they did.

Reactions: Oddbob

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Cobra Kai is fantastic! New episodes in January.

This has been the most uneventful trip home. No Lions, Wings or K-Wings games to attend. Cannot go out to eat anywhere. Family gatherings almost non-existent but I did get to see 2 bison on a stretch of road between Ravenna and Fremont. First time seeing Bison in decades. There used to be bison at Pokagan State Park down near Angola. Also saw the in the Black Hills roaming free around '91.

Reactions: Retire91

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
The expanse is a great show on Amazon prime. There is some love it or hate it to it but I like slow burn sci fi so its right up my ally. Also painstaking lengths taken to present realistic space living conditions and space travel and combat.

Reactions: Bench

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Looks like JJ Watt from the Houston Texans. Very cool indeed.

Yep. Watt is a real one. Always liked him. And I think if he’s calling them out in public like this, it is because he red-assed them in the weight and meeting rooms and they blew him off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad