OT: Coronavirus 4 - or is that thread 2.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I'm no longer that interested in the statistics, at this point. We know the rough effectiveness of the vaccinations.

At this point, individuals can protect themselves from the worst harms, and those who choose to do so, will.

We are not a nation that puts collective health and safety over individual liberties, and never will be, for good or ill.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Passed out after getting shot #1. I waited 15 minutes, got up from the chair and the lights started to dim. I almost could feel the blood in my body stop circulating. Next thing I know I’m being shaken and my clothes are soaked with sweat.

Good thing I sat back down or I could have cracked my head open falling on a concrete floor or worse.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Passed out after getting shot #1. I waited 15 minutes, got up from the chair and the lights started to dim. I almost could feel the blood in my body stop circulating. Next thing I know I’m being shaken and my clothes are soaked with sweat.

Good thing I sat back down or I could have cracked my head open falling on a concrete floor or worse.
I hope you are doing well now.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I hope you are doing well now.

Thanks. I'm doing fine now. This happened to me after I got some shots for an international trip a few years back. I thought it was a fluke thing, but it clearly wasn't.

Far from common, the CDC website suggests that it can be an issue for some. Let that be my PSA for those reading that haven't gotten it yet or are sharing experiences with friends/family that have yet to do so. I was pretty cynical about the motivation behind the 15 minute wait period at the pharmacy; there's more to it than just keeping people in the store.

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC

I passed out getting my ears cleaned at a CVS minute clinic. I was sitting, but apparently once I fainted I knocked my head on the soap dispenser. Luckily the nurse sort of guided me to the floor so I didn't hit my head again. Woke up in a daze with EMTs coming in and putting me on a stretcher. Only time that's ever happened but it's pretty scary.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State

Antigen tests are less sensitive than genetic PCR tests, which are often considered the "gold standard" of testing, but the antigen tests do provide rapid results and can detect both symptomatic and asymptomatic cases in the window when someone is infectious. The BinaxNOW tests that are authorized for over-the-counter use are sold in packs of two, so users can test themselves twice, 36 hours apart. The sequential testing is designed to catch an infection that may just be ramping up.
"They are very reliable, if the question that you're asking and the reason that you're taking the test is, am I infectious right now and a risk of transmitting the virus to other people?" says Dr. Michael Mina, a Harvard epidemiologist who has advocated for at-home testing. "These tests work exceptionally well for that question."

Something to add to the medicine cabinet..particularly, for those with children.

Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I got my first Moderna shot today, so I expect the quality of my posts to permanently decrease by anywhere from 12 to 33 percent, not that anyone will notice.
No no you'll just want to buy an Xbox New one.. fortunately they aren't available atm :P

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Getting dose 1 on Monday. Hoping for enough side effects to reasonably take the rest of the day off but not so many that it sucks.
My Arm was fine for most of 6 hours then it feels like some one punched me there and ends up with (for me) feeling like they crammed a #$@#ing tennis ball in there (Without the Real life swelling)
My dad poopooed the pain since he didn't get that at all.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
My Arm was fine for most of 6 hours then it feels like some one punched me there and ends up with (for me) feeling like they crammed a #$@#ing tennis ball in there (Without the Real life swelling)
My dad poopooed the pain since he didn't get that at all.

Its real, had it for two days

Reactions: Tryamw

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
That’s a very specific ask!

So far I am not getting my wish. Best shot I've ever received, the guy at CVS knew what he was doing. I always look away but this time I totally had to ask if it was done because I barely felt a thing.

Sore arm after a few min, sore leg and neck node on and off, but nothing that would keep me from work at least within the first hour and a half. Oh well. Hopefully it doesn't kick in later!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Mammals can breathe through anus in emergencies: study - France 24

A team of Japanese scientists has shown it is possible for mammals to absorb oxygen via the anus.

Intrigued by how certain sea creatures breathe through their intestines in emergencies, researchers at Tokyo Medical and Dental University were able to prove the same was true under experimental circumstances for mice, rats and pigs, publishing their findings in the journal Med on Friday.

They say the finding might also apply to humans who are in respiratory distress when ventilators are not available or inadequate.

Reactions: LakeLivin

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I am not even surprised this is coming from Lempo. The other guess would have been Robo.
Hey I'm just the humble messenger here. It was the Japanese that came up with this.

And the mammals, obviously.

I may privately ponder if 35 psi is too much and do I need a choke but I'm not gonna put that here.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Or early tomorrow morning. Or not at all. I bet the negative reports tend to "register" with people a lot more than those with no negative reaction. Smart to be ready for the worst case scenario, though. Good luck!

Anecdotally I’ve heard Moderna 1st shot is fine and 2nd shot is bad and Pfizer is the other way around. If true, the “worst” is already behind me! (And that was just a sore arm.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad