OT: Coronavirus 4 - or is that thread 2.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
i had second pfizer dose this past saturday morning and was wiped out all day sunday. pretty much just wanted to lay around and sleep.

completely fine by monday, though

Yeah, I made sure to schedule the 2nd shot on a Saturday just in case I get wiped out as well. My 74 yr old mom and mid 40s sister have already had both Pfizer shots with no issues at all, so here’s hoping that carries over to me too.

My wife got the Moderna shots back in February, and she got quite sick after both doses. I wish I could have gotten the single dose version, but at this point, I was elated when I was actually able to secure an appointment so I took what I could get.

Reactions: MinJaBen

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
My best friend had her first Moderna shot. We were worried because she has MS and is on a therapeutic for life. However, her reaction was similar to taking a baby aspirin. The range of responses is amazing.

I am just glad that my ears have mostly stopped ringing now. I kinda dread the 2nd Pfizer dose next week in case it happens again.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
My wife and I each got our 1st shots (Pfizer) this week. I didn’t feel anything except a sore arm. My wife had a minor throat irritation/feeling narrowed for an hour or so after the observation period so I’m a little concerned about that for her on the 2nd dose. She doesn’t have any history of reactions like that to food or medications.

My folks got their 2nds, wiped my dad out for 2 days, mom had no reaction to it. Dad was unamused by how that shook out.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
My wife was bagging on me for complaining how I felt after the second shot, then she got hit hard the next day. I didn't say shit back. I really wanted to though

Reactions: Tryamw and MinJaBen

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I am utterly exhausted by covid drama with my family in North Carolina. six weeks of unending anguish. my parents both got it, my dad nearly died from it. my brother's entire family got it, his adopted toddler son is still having breathing problems over a month after infection. my aunt and uncle were both hospitalized with it. my uncle has been in ICU for over three weeks, and last night was put on a ventilator. and I can't cross the border to see them, and don't have a firm idea of when I can be vaccinated here. this is the world's worst rollercoaster.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I am utterly exhausted by covid drama with my family in North Carolina. six weeks of unending anguish. my parents both got it, my dad nearly died from it. my brother's entire family got it, his adopted toddler son is still having breathing problems over a month after infection. my aunt and uncle were both hospitalized with it. my uncle has been in ICU for over three weeks, and last night was put on a ventilator. and I can't cross the border to see them, and don't have a firm idea of when I can be vaccinated here. this is the world's worst rollercoaster.

Really sorry to hear what you’re going through vorbis.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'm sorry man. That level of stress is no fun at all.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Sorry to hear about all this. Stay strong. We’re rooting for everyone!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Visited my parents today. My MS-ridden dad had today gotten the Pfizer vaccination. I laughed when he told they can give him the Putin vaccination for what he cares, because it's kind of funny that the Sputnik [vaccination] will of course be close-enough-dubbed and generally spoken in the vernacular as the Putin [vaccination] if it's even close to get approved in the EU.

I wonder if Vlad actually planned for that, seemingly naming the Russian vaccine after some auld satellite.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
So the Pfizer CEO just said that its likely we'll need booster shots for COVID 12 months after the first shot, and possibly every 12 months thereafter, and the usual suspects are losing their damn mind on the social medias as if they hadn't just spent the last 13 months comparing it to a 'bad flu'.

The flu, of course, being a virus necessitating an annual booster to protect everyone.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
So the Pfizer CEO just said that its likely we'll need booster shots for COVID 12 months after the first shot, and possibly every 12 months thereafter, and the usual suspects are losing their damn mind on the social medias as if they hadn't just spent the last 13 months comparing it to a 'bad flu'.

The flu, of course, being a virus necessitating an annual booster to protect everyone.
Why not ask for more money? Emotions are already high on this might as well capitalize on it.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021

Meh , "they" don't have to take it. "They" can lose their minds or anything else they do not value.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Highly misleading as the article has no real study to back up this claim.

“The extraordinary calculation that 99.992 percent of vaccinated people have not contracted the virus may reflect that they all simply have not been exposed to the virus since being vaccinated. Also, there are likely cases missed in reporting. Still, the data is a heartening sign.”

the high number is just says 5k of all those vaccinated were re-infected but no idea how many have been in contact. Has 99.992 really dodged anything? We have no idea but we’ll make the claim anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad