OT: Coronavirus 4 - or is that thread 2.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Woot woot! I know the feeling. I got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine on Friday.

No negative reaction, which is nice because I had a notable reaction after my second shingles vaccination shot. Shivering, fever, almost passed out one time. But it lasted for less than 12 hours, and I'm glad I got it. One of the nurses administering the covid vaccine told me that one of her cousins actually lost sight in one of his eyes from a shingles attack.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Woot woot! I know the feeling. I got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine on Friday.

No negative reaction, which is nice because I had a notable reaction after my second shingles vaccination shot. Shivering, fever, almost passed out one time. But it lasted for less than 12 hours, and I'm glad I got it. One of the nurses administering the covid vaccine told me that one of her cousins actually lost sight in one of his eyes from a shingles attack.

I just got my second dose of the Shingrix vaccine last week. I had a hell of a sore arm the first day and then chills and body aches the second. Not as bad as flu chills and body aches, but no fun nonetheless.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I just got my second dose of the Shingrix vaccine last week. I had a hell of a sore arm the first day and then chills and body aches the second. Not as bad as flu chills and body aches, but no fun nonetheless.

I mentioned this before, but the Shingrix vaccine really hit me hard. I had chills and bad body aches for 24 hours on both doses.

My wife only had moderate reactions to both doses as she was just a bit tired and felt a little off, but nothing major.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I expect we're in the same boat. I'm not expecting anything until May at the earliest.

I hope May works out. My father's service is in Michigan in late June and we'd like to have the vaccine before we leave for that. It will be at an outdoor place so if not, we can still stay safe, but it would be nice to be able to be somewhat normal at that time.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
They have a screener here which helps you to identify your group number.

Yeah, that said what my assumptions were based on my job. I think the issue is whether or not Duke thinks I "have to" go in for my job. Technically yes, but my co-workers have covered for me substantially so I don't have to go in every day. I probably still qualify as group three after school workers.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Group 4 as well. I liked that they'll text you updates re: timing.

I know some folks who are in the later groups that volunteered at the vaccine events and were able to get shots due to the no shows that occur on a given day. Win Win for them.

No concerts or sporting events for me until I have received the vaccine. On Twitter, brokers/scalpers are hawking promos for tickets already.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I can only guess that I'm group 5, because even though I'm in an essential industry (aerospace) and work on-site, I'm not a group that interacts with the general public. I think there's been a push by the company to get us in a higher group, but never heard more

Reactions: Tryamw

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
We had an amusing PR-peccadillo a couple of weeks back when the Teachers' Union came publicly out to promote moving their profession higher in the vaccination order, and the Police Union took a public exception calling out that they knew the TU was going to pull this one.

Now, the Finnish government is again firing up the Emergency Powers Act, in a creative "partially effective" way, and the constitutional experts are calling them out for unlawfully circumventing the Parliament. Technically speaking, our PM just did a coup.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We had an amusing PR-peccadillo a couple of weeks back when the Teachers' Union came publicly out to promote moving their profession higher in the vaccination order, and the Police Union took a public exception calling out that they knew the TU was going to pull this one.

Now, the Finnish government is again firing up the Emergency Powers Act, in a creative "partially effective" way, and the constitutional experts are calling them out for unlawfully circumventing the Parliament. Technically speaking, our PM just did a coup.
we get that a lot with executive orders

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Two weeks back I became eligible and my sister tried to get me an appointment but the best she could do was one in Binghamton, NY (Which is 3+ hours away). Last Wednesday I got a call from her telling me she got me an appointment the next day in Garrison (east end of Putnam County on the Hudson River). The only problem was that there wasn't enough parking but my ride let me out to get on a long line. But the process was shockingly smooth as the line went very quick and less than 10 minutes later I was in the gym. Checked in at a desk, walked to an injection site, they checked my info quick and then gave me the shot. Had to sit for 15 minutes to make sure there were no side effects and then I was on my way. Only side effect was a fever like feeling a few hours later and soreness at the injection site (that last thing also happened when I got a flu shot).

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
My arm is really sore, and it's more than just a slight annoyance. If I even move my fingers on that hand it hurts way up near my shoulder. As side effects go, I'll take it considering some people are getting high fevers and other flu-like issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad