OT: Corona virus thread-7 months later we're still screwed (MOD: NO POLITICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
When Driedger has been in net they have played fine. Bob has under-delivered but it's not like he's been 2019 James Reimer, the team has acknowledged themselves that for whatever reason they've played like shit in front of him

You're right, cause Reimer's numbers, even during his abysmal season, were better than Bob's before the season was cut short:

Reimer:

upload_2020-5-22_9-56-46.png

Bobrovsky:

upload_2020-5-22_9-57-0.png

Pretty f***ing brutal if you ask me, especially when we were pissed that we were paying Reimer so much when we've tripled the salary and ended up with a worse performance lollll

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I hate to be "that guy," but I'll go ahead and say it: Kinda sad that the only way we can make the playoffs is when the league expands it to 24...

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I hate to be "that guy," but I'll go ahead and say it: Kinda sad that the only way we can make the playoffs is when the league expands it to 24...
Technically it's not even the playoffs, won't count as playoffs unless they beat NYI (or whoever they face in the play-in)

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Technically it's not even the playoffs, won't count as playoffs unless they beat NYI (or whoever they face in the play-in)

Friedman said it would probably be 6 vs 11, so wouldn’t that put us against Carolina? I see other people saying NYI too but I can’t figure out why lol

Reactions: harv33173

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'll put this here so the series talk doesn't go too OT.

I get Stralman's argument and no one (I hope) would judge him if he refuses to play but...This isn't going anywhere, next year is going to be the same, and who knows how many years after that. Are any nhlers like him with underlying issues going to end their careers over this? Doubtful.

If you told me a vaccine would exist December 1st, I would 100% scrap the season and just start fresh next January but this is likely life for the next few years at least.
Some universities here have already announced that they're planning to continue staying home in the fall (which is smart, since it's a lot of people gathering to one place from all around the country and no way of knowing who's healthy), so yeah this isn't going to end any time soon. People are starting to get fed up with this crap and breaking the restrictions, the schools ended the past weekend here and there were hundreds of people (mostly teenagers and young adults) gathering outside around the country.

Vaccine could be another swine flu disaster, so we can't count on that. I certainly won't be taking it until it's been properly tested and declared safe.

Reactions: Cold Cat

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Ryan reaves signed a 2yr extension with vegas, and only 1.75per, I reallllly wanted him in our bottom-6. Would’ve been a great pickup with his size, strength, bringing a lot of stuff we don’t have in this lineup. And for a 4th line guy mostly he produces pretty solid actually. Would’ve swapped sceviour with him in a heart beat.

Reactions: Ghoste

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Ontario, other than the greater Toronto area, has loosened its reins and starting to open up the province.
The other day barber shops opened up. I went in and got my head properly shaved as well as cut in a bottom half mohawk, which you could call a skullet. I've been growing that part of my hair for 12+ weeks now. Also I have a thin red moustache going which would be about 3 weeks old.

To say I am playoff ready right now is an understatement. Hopefully pictures will come soon.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Ontario, other than the greater Toronto area, has loosened its reins and starting to open up the province.
The other day barber shops opened up. I went in and got my head properly shaved as well as cut in a bottom half mohawk, which you could call a skullet. I've been growing that part of my hair for 12+ weeks now. Also I have a thin red moustache going which would be about 3 weeks old.

To say I am playoff ready right now is an understatement. Hopefully pictures will come soon.

View media item 7703View media item 7705

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Whens your first boxing match amigo? You're up north right? Sudbury?

Still can't get a haircut in my city.
I may keep growing it and donate it to a cancer patient.

I wish I was a boxer. No, out Southwest Ontario: rural Sarnia/London area, half hour from CAN/US border.

The barber who cut my hair showed me a picture of a boxer in Brampton he did over a year ago. Said that a guy let his hair grow and it's now halfway down his back.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I wish I was a boxer. No, out Southwest Ontario: rural Sarnia/London area, half hour from CAN/US border.

The barber who cut my hair showed me a picture of a boxer in Brampton he did over a year ago. Said that a guy let his hair grow and it's now halfway down his back.

Ya the stache reminded me of an old school boxer a bit. Send that barber my way, I'm in Brampton.

I knew it started with a S.
Been to London many times, work and parties. Nice area and almost moved there a couple years back.

Speaking of boxing, you heard of Artur Beterbiev? Guy is a KO machine in LHW division. A little older at 35 but all 15 fights and wins are KOs. Should be fighting sometime this year
Go watch his highlight reel if bored.

Reactions: Cold Cat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad