Post-Game Talk: Corona virus @ Lime Disease, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Yep, so we shouldn’t really expect to get any reinforcements before the trade deadline.

Maybe not a big name UFA rental, but perhaps a lesser known player ala Kempny? Someone who might need a change of scenery or has been disappointing so far but the tools are there to fit into the Caps scheme?

Something like that, but it's hard to point to who would fit into those parameters.

We also have Colorado's 2nd rounder and Arizona's 3rd rounder this year in addition to a full stack of draft picks of our own to play around with and sweeten deals.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
GMac won’t stand still. Anyone saying he will is silly.

I think he will get a(nother) D-man that is either being misused (Kempny) or is cheap and has good fancies (Jensen) to plug in if need be.

they are looking at 3m or so in space. So half of 6m if need be.

they won’t be static. That’s is for certain.
In BMac we trust.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
it’s going to be a failure, but maybe it would have been a failure either way.

Disappoints me that GMBM wouldn’t try to ice the best team....it’s too obvious, Jensen sticks out like a sore thumb.

The question is how many pieces of this team get moved in order to fill that one spot? I would suggest that its as many as 3 players. I think this is the best team they think they can ice given the salary cap.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The caps used to score lots of goals without Ovi. Back in the day, at least. You'd think our scoring would always drop off a cliff but maybe it makes others more inclined to shoot.

I liked the Oshie primary tap on 'the pass' Vrana goal. Most schlubs would selfishly try to score instead, and fall over trying.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Maybe not a big name UFA rental, but perhaps a lesser known player ala Kempny? Someone who might need a change of scenery or has been disappointing so far but the tools are there to fit into the Caps scheme?

Something like that, but it's hard to point to who would fit into those parameters.

We also have Colorado's 2nd rounder and Arizona's 3rd rounder this year in addition to a full stack of draft picks of our own to play around with and sweeten deals.
If we get lucky, we might snatch a moderate upgrade. I would be fine with an “ala Kempny” pick-up. But I would rather keep the draft picks. I hope for a smoother transition into the post-Ovi era.

Reactions: Stan Galiev

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
If we get lucky, we might snatch a moderate upgrade. I would be fine with an “ala Kempny” pick-up. But I would rather keep the draft picks. I hope for a smoother transition into the post-Ovi era.

Ummmm...no. Cough up the picks/prospects and upgrade Jensen. If it’s available it’s a no brainer. We’re talking about the Stanley Cup here.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Ummmm...no. Cough up the picks/prospects and upgrade Jensen. If it’s available it’s a no brainer. We’re talking about the Stanley Cup here.
No trade would guarantee the second Stanley Cup. I wouldn't want another "Filip Forsberg" trade either. If we get a good deal where we wouldn't have to give up too much, I would support it. We are not a desperate team after all although we have a need. Every single contender has a weakness/need anyway.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
No trade would guarantee the second Stanley Cup. I wouldn't want another "Filip Forsberg" trade either. If we get a good deal where we wouldn't have to give up too much, I would support it. We are not a desperate team after all although we have a need. Every single contender has a weakness/need anyway.

Well duh nobody wants that. How about a trade that works for both sides? Or one we win....again....

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The question is how many pieces of this team get moved in order to fill that one spot? I would suggest that its as many as 3 players. I think this is the best team they think they can ice given the salary cap.

come on....no chance he guts 3 current roster players...or that it would cost that to upgrade Jensen IMO.

Reactions: peterthegreat12

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

Fair enough. Still, GMBM has shown himself to be much more adept than GMGM. I’d trust him given his track record.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007

In order to not pull a Forsberg all you have to do is get something substantially better than Erat in return - not particularly hard imo. It’s also highly likely that none of our current non-NHL prospects are going to be of Forsberg’s caliber anyways.

If they can indeed upgrade Jensen it’s worth the assets.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
In order to not pull a Forsberg all you have to do is get something substantially better than Erat in return - not particularly hard imo. It’s also highly likely that none of our current non-NHL prospects are going to be of Forsberg’s caliber anyways.

If they can indeed upgrade Jensen it’s worth the assets.
Sounds simple enough. Not sure why our previous GM didn't get someone better than Erat and Latta in exchange.

Seriously though, I can't wait for the trade deadline to see what happens. Maybe we might not even have to wait that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad