Post-Game Talk: Corona virus @ Lime Disease, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Is everyone as happy with Hathaway as I am? He seems like the perfect 4th liner. He has some offensive pop, he hits, he fights occasionally, and he doesn't take too many bad penalties.

Leipsic is flashier, but much less effective.

Love the guy. He is quickly moving up the ranks of my favorite Caps. I had no idea how much of a s***disturber he is. His name never comes up in the 'dirty players' discussion but he gives out post whistle slashes and stick jabs like they are Halloween candy. Draws a ton of penalties too. Best penalty differential on the team by a mile.

Leipsic... whatever I guess. He is fun to watch most of the time. I don't see a purpose in a lot things he does on the ice.

Reactions: 895

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Good enough game, got the 2
Holtby kept the game in hand in 3rd pd. when Habs were all over us
second half of 1st pd. most of 2nd (minus the penalties) were solid, some shaky D moments

Kovy mishandled several times 1st and 2nd pd, got a couple good shots in 3rd, barely noticeable until 3rd
Get the feeling he's the shiny new toy that will lose energy/effectiveness after 15-20 games

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Kuzys also got them legs tonight. If only he didn’t try 5 hole on every breakaway

Eh, I can live with it. ;)

ViciousEnchantingAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I am projecting a $5m cap hit.
CapFriendly shows that swapping Jensen out at the deadline alone would allow for that. They're banking cap space currently so no need to gut their depth to make an upgrade. It's not as tight as it has been in past years. If they want to add a seventh defenseman to the roster it gets pretty tight but they could perhaps get away with only doing that if and when the need arises (albeit with only four post-deadline recalls available).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad