Post-Game Talk: Corona virus @ Lime Disease, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Holtby is the only thing keeping us in this game. Not sure if he should thank his team mates after the game (for giving him the chance to play well) or yell at them.....

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Kovy doesnt look that bad to me, at least his hands are better than Ovi's
But Im watching sporadically. Anyone care to make an opinion on him and Petry?

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Holtby is the only thing keeping us in this game. Not sure if he should thank his team mates after the game (for giving him the chance to play well) or yell at them.....

The way he's been playing lately, he probably should just be quiet and hit the shower.

Reactions: Heath

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Very solid game by holtby. Was left out to dry on the two goals. Came up big a lot during the game. Two hot goalies down the stretch would be a great thing

Reactions: Holtbyisms

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Habs kept shooting wide all game long. A better team would've wrecked Holtby, let's be honest.

Good win nonetheless. I hope Ovie didn't eat all the nachos.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It seems pretty crazy to have a contending roster and not add a final piece on D imo.

I’m starting to worry that the price to acquire (anyone impactful) might be too much, that they may have to just try it this postseason with what they have on D already.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I’m starting to worry that the price to acquire (anyone impactful) might be too much, that they may have to just try it this postseason with what they have on D already.

Impactful? To get a for sure top 4 defenseman that plays the kind of skating puck moving game that Reirden wants to play is gonna be way too expensive. They don't need a 3rd pair d. Both 33 and 34 are excellent in that role.

The Caps will get as far as they can with Jensen. Like it or not.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
It seems pretty crazy to have a contending roster and not add a final piece on D imo.
Good point, but how are we going to add this final piece? We have just under 900K in cap space at the moment. Do we trade Holtby?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Good point, but how are we going to add this final piece? We have just under 900K in cap space at the moment. Do we trade Holtby?

If it's a quality piece, we would be forced to ask for some of the salary to be retained by the other team, which in turn will drive up the price even more.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Impactful? To get a for sure top 4 defenseman that plays the kind of skating puck moving game that Reirden wants to play is gonna be way too expensive. They don't need a 3rd pair d. Both 33 and 34 are excellent in that role.

The Caps will get as far as they can with Jensen. Like it or not.

it’s going to be a failure, but maybe it would have been a failure either way.

Disappoints me that GMBM wouldn’t try to ice the best team....it’s too obvious, Jensen sticks out like a sore thumb.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
If it's a quality piece, we would be forced to ask for some of the salary to be retained by the other team, which in turn will drive up the price even more.
Yep, so we shouldn’t really expect to get any reinforcements before the trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad