Player Discussion Corey Schueneman

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I thought he looked very promising when he was picked up by the Rocket. Good scouting by the old regime.

they invited his teammate Cam Lee, as the 2 were Western Michigan's top 2 blueliners, coached by former NHL coach Andy Murray. I thought they should have gone with Lee who's over 2 years younger but Schueneman has been a surprise although it also says a lot about how bad our blueline has looked.

Reactions: psychonaut

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Will he be sent down ? He’s play better then Clague, Chiarot and probably Kulak will be traded. I would keep him for the rest of the year

Agreed.

However, the team might not give him a chance by next season. They might acquire a young d, sign a young d from college, or just give Harris a spot and that might push him.

It's kinda stupid how teams look at where a player is from, or how they arrived to the team to determine value.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Agreed.

However, the team might not give him a chance by next season. They might acquire a young d, sign a young d from college, or just give Harris a spot and that might push him.

It's kinda stupid how teams look at where a player is from, or how they arrived to the team to determine value.
He could be the #7-8 next year but yes I do see him having a regular spot next year

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Will he be sent down ? He’s play better then Clague, Chiarot and probably Kulak will be traded. I would keep him for the rest of the year
He's certainly done nothing to make the coaches want to send him back down. I like his high percentage play choices, good decision-making on pinching vs dropping off and he is not overly noticeable in his own end for all the right reasons.

His play is like you've been digging around in the cracks of your sofa for some emergency loose change and have discovered an unexpected £20 note lurking in amongst the dog hair and dust.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Schueneman will be 27 this year and has played lots of hockey in various leagues. Definitely a more experienced NHL "rookie" player.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Hasn't looked out of place at all, good offensive instincts. I'm sometimes a bit worried when he dangles and stops moving his feet! Happy for him to get a chance in the big show!!

Can't help reflect on Galchenhuk stickhandling himself to a stop so the back-checkers could run him over.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Late bloomer who has surpassed expectations and was noticed by MSL very early.
He keeps getting better. I am 100% comfortable when he is on the ice.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I’ve heard it pronounced like this on English broadcasts:

Schue part is like “shoe”.
Ne = Nuh
Man

Shoe-nuh-man.

I’d look into how Pierre Houde enunciates it as he tends to ask players for the pronunciations he uses on broadcasts.
His name sounds German in its origin, and IIRC, the umlaut u (ü) tends to be transliterated to "ue". If that's the case, and if I'm not off on my german pronunciation (been several since my only german class at cégep), the "schue" would sound a bit more like "shew" than "shoe".

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I’ve heard it as “Shoe-nuh-man” on English broadcasts. I’d look into how Pierre Houde enunciates it as he tends to ask players for the pronunciations he uses on broadcasts.

I'm just gonna go don cherry mode, and call him shoeman until I get comfortable with spelling his name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad