Player Discussion Corey Perry

habmercy

Aug 19, 2017
I would resign Perry at this point (1.3 to 1.5 sounds fair). We don't really need him to play every regular season game and could use his experience to help with some of our youth. I would like to be having the same conversation about Staal too but unless things change drastically I would not resign him or Frolik.
And as for the worst franchise in the history of sport perhaps you thought you were in the Leafs blog. They are definitely trying to get back in the running for that award I hope we the Habs can help facilitate that tomorrow night.

Reactions: dkd and frapp10

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I want him and his cojones around our young players for as long as possible.

Alright, that didn't sound right, but you get what I mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fandangle

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
He’s the best player on this team behind Price. Smartest player on the team and most poised forward. Even through 20 games without scoring he was still doing the right plays. This guy has to play with more offensive players in game 7. He create things by himself and even in game 3 he set up to plays that could have given us the tie.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I mean, if he's willing to do business and be on a 1 year deal basis till he's really done playing for good, I'd sure go for it. I don't know how effective he can still be in a 80+ games season but there are ways to shelter a guy like him and keep him fresh/rested for a longer run .

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I mean, if he's willing to do business and be on a 1 year deal basis till he's really done playing for good, I'd sure go for it. I don't know how effective he can still be in a 80+ games season but there are ways to shelter a guy like him and keep him fresh/rested for a longer run .

I think it's more, does he want to come back here or play for a real contender next year?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I think it's more, does he want to come back here or play for a real contender next year?
His mindset may be a bit different , since he's already won everything there is to win in hockey . Being in a place where he feels comfortable might be the most important thing for him at this point in his career.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
If you're going to have a veteran presence on team to play role model for the youth - its Corey Perry. I've always loved the guy and moreso now that he is a Hab. What he brings may not be the height of his career, but the way he plays and his attitude are unchanged - he is a leader. Bergevin was trying to find more of that in Staal - and we all know how that ended up, but Perry is somebody that should retire as a Hab.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
If you're going to have a veteran presence on team to play role model for the youth - its Corey Perry. I've always loved the guy and moreso now that he is a Hab. What he brings may not be the height of his career, but the way he plays and his attitude are unchanged - he is a leader. Bergevin was trying to find more of that in Staal - and we all know how that ended up, but Perry is somebody that should retire as a Hab.
Scorey Perry, arguably one of the most successful pest in league history.

A Stanley cup winner, Rocket Richard trophy winner, a Hart winner. Easily a first ballot hall of famer.

Yet, one of the most hated players in the league. That's a hell of a career!!!

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
This guy simply doesnt get rattled. His poise is amazing. His setup of KK in the third that would have made it 3-0 was an amazing Perry play. Kept the play moving. Put his stick wide and fed KK, who made a nice shot but didnt score.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I like Perry. If he will sign reasonably I would resign him for a year, I think playing 60% of the games and being a mentor for the kids will help the Habs.

Reactions: dkd

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The guy deserves a 2 year deal
I hope he comes back,and recruits Getzlaf to Montreal

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Have my f***ing BABIES dude, I liked Perry BEFORE he was a hab, but now? Hell ALWAYS have a place in my heart, if freaking dominic Moore has a spot in my heart GUESS WHAT corey my dude, you MADE it in lol
Humongous game 6 and 7 goals ? Are you kidding? After getting him ESPECIALLY forthe playoffs most of all?

Love you Scorey man, thanks for a REAL solid season, all things considered, and help me witness a playoff series WIN vs the leafs are you kidding me, even Corey himself wasnt born the last time these 2 teams played the playoffs
I'm forever thankful

Reactions: Tuggy and ItzaGreat

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
4 pts in 7 GP these playoffs. 2 goals and 2 assists. And we got a good look at what this guy was like for the Stars in their run to the final last year. Clutch. He scores the opening goal in Game 6 to set the tone with fans in the stands. And last night, he had the game winning goal and scored the goal that broke the Leafs' back.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00