Player Discussion Corey Perry

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
4 pts in 7 GP these playoffs. 2 goals and 2 assists. And we got a good look at what this guy was like for the Stars in their run to the final last year. Clutch. He scores the opening goal in Game 6 to set the tone with fans in the stands. And last night, he had the game winning goal and scored the goal that broke the Leafs' back.
dont forget sparking game 5 with a huge hit on sandin causing a turnover leading to our first lead in the series. Turning point of our series

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
That guy would have been perfect for the Leafs run, too bad for them. Should be resigned and before he hit UFA, he will attract teams this time.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Couldn't really ask for much more than what he's brought to the team. He's been the perfect vet for this group and you gotta think he makes a big difference off the ice/in the locker room.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
dont forget sparking game 5 with a huge hit on sandin causing a turnover leading to our first lead in the series. Turning point of our series
AND taking one for the team in game one. Say what you will about the ''code'' and all that but he didn't run from it. I can guarantee you the guys in the locker room all appreciated it big time.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I've been singing this guys tune since day 1. One of my fav. Habs. Plays the game the right way.
With his goal last night he's third all time in goals in game 7!
Took some time for me to warm up but I can't see the lineup without him right now. He's made himself indispensable and he's a 4th line winger.

Great value signing.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Took some time for me to warm up but I can't see the lineup without him right now. He's made himself indispensable and he's a 4th line winger.

Great value signing.
No he's not. He's paid like one though, which is great.

Reactions: the

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Imagine we drafted this man in 2003, wish I lived in that alternate universe, what an elite talent.
Imagine if we had some of the old vets I've picked up in the past but in their prime. Perry, Staal, Kovalchuk, Briere, Hemsky. Man the last 20 years would have unfolded so much differently :laugh:

Reactions: frapp10 and Doc5

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Big Perry fan n defending the signing on here from day 1. Saw too much of him in London as a teen to think he wouldn't give anything but everything in the tank to compete n try n win. He is a rare breed among the world's best players as far as compete goes.
And he has made London area his home. Over Cali, class act.

Reactions: dinodebino

Mav1208

Mar 11, 2021
The guy deserves a 2 year deal
I hope he comes back,and recruits Getzlaf to Montreal
Would love if the Habs can get Perry to resign, but I don't think Getzlaf really fits with the team. He's great on faceoffs and during his prime he racked up the assists, but he never really scored goals. Outside one specific season, he averaged only about 12-15 goals a season even in his prime, and most of those were Weber style shots on the pp. If we are going to get another veteran, let's at least get someone who scores goals.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Big fan of his, the guy is the ultimate villain and a true leader, he always performs during big games. Unlike Stall, he had to earn his spot in the lineup, he was sent to the AHL and even placed on waivers. He's a cup winner, gold medalist and a future HOF, I didn't like how he was treated by the GM.

Btw, is the knee that injured Tavares, the same knee that scored the game winning goal last night?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Big fan of his, the guy is the ultimate villain and a true leader, he always performs during big games. Unlike Stall, he had to earn his spot in the lineup, he was sent to the AHL and even placed on waivers. He's a cup winner, gold medalist and a future HOF, I didn't like how he was treated by the GM.

Btw, is the knee that injured Tavares, the same knee that scored the game winning goal last night?

Isn't that something? He took out Tavares and scored the series winning goal with a knee.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Like Sergachev will be... in 3-4 more years? You’d be hard pressed to find a more dysfunctional franchise in the entire wold of professional sports. Unfortunately, this franchise is my all time favorite.
The Toronto Maple Leafs
And it wasn't hard to find

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad