Player Discussion Corey Perry

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Like Sergachev will be... in 3-4 more years? You’d be hard pressed to find a more dysfunctional franchise in the entire wold of professional sports. Unfortunately, this franchise is my all time favorite.

You can easily find worse franchises. Let’s not get carried away.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Oh yeah? Like a franchise that has no star players, hasn't made the regular POs in six years, doesn't have any budget problems and holds minimal bad contract ?

Oh yeah, right, no.

Enlighten me!

“In the entire world of professional sports”.

The entire world. Let that sink in.

I can just point to Ottawa who’s owner is a nut job and no matter how good their young talent may or may not be I’m confident they’ll ruin it. All it took was me looking at the nearest hockey team geographically. Imagine a sports team in KHL or some other league. Imagine some other struggling franchises in the US.

By no means are habs doing a great job but we aren’t even the worst in Canada for one sport.

Habs have some good pieces too. Good picks, prospects, young talent, etc. They just need a different direction with new GM.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

I can just point to Ottawa who’s owner is a nut job and no matter how good their young talent may or may not be I’m confident they’ll ruin it. All it took was me looking at the nearest hockey team geographically. Imagine a sports team in KHL or some other league. Imagine some other struggling franchises in the US.

By no means are habs doing a great job but we aren’t even the worst in Canada for one sport.

Habs have some good pieces too. Good picks, prospects, young talent, etc. They just need a different direction with new GM.
Ottawa is rebuilding!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

In North American pro sports, you get rewarded for being a loser, which eventually may turn you into a winner. That sounds pretty dumb when you say it out loud, but I also concede that there is probably no better way to disperse amateur talent if you want to keep 32 operational nhl teams.

For the past 30 years, the habs are never here or there. Some years, they have been closer to the top of the league, but never in true contender status save for the pre season hype of 08/09.

Other years, the habs been closer to the bottom, but never bad enough to be a serious lottery threat.

It's just this perpetual cycle of being in the middle hoping for certain stars to align.

The are defined by mediocrity in the last 30 years, a middling franchise.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Colonel Perry will up the dirty factor in the playoffs like he's taking over an airport with a bunch of mercenaries.

Colonel_William_Stuart.png

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Perry clearly felt the schedule at the end there, but should be back to his usual tricks after the week off. Historically a great playoff performer, he’ll be a big part of our bottom 6.

Reactions: azcanuck

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

One of my fav Knights moments in 20 plus years as a season tic holder. The scrum I the corner just stopped n watched n Ktown was done.

Bring that battle n heart Perry!

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Enlighten me!

On top of my head the Cleveland Browns of the NFL have been much much worst than the Habs AINEC.

The Habs of 2000-2020 may not have been in the best shape the franchise had ever been but they are a dynasty compared to the Browns lol

Since resuming operations in 1999, the Browns have struggled to find success. They have had only three winning seasons (2002, 2007, and 2020), two playoff appearances (2002 and 2020), and one playoff win (2020), winning less than one third of their games in total. The franchise has also been noted for a lack of stability with head coaches (10 full time and two interim since 1999) and quarterbacks (30 different starters since 1999). From 2003 to 2019, the Browns had a 17-season playoff drought, which ended during the 2020 season.[15][16]

Reactions: cphabs

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This is surely based on the excitement of the moment...but I'd resign him. And it goes against everything I believe in. So...I'Ll let that sink in and I'll probably change my mind. But I like to have this guy around.

Reactions: Gravity

benthepr0p

Mar 7, 2018
On top of my head the Cleveland Browns of the NFL have been much much worst than the Habs AINEC.

The Habs of 2000-2020 may not have been in the best shape the franchise had ever been but they are a dynasty compared to the Browns lol
As a long time Bengals fan you can add them as well. Since Paul Brown died and his idiot son took over they have made the playoffs 7 times out of 30 seasons. They are 0-7 in those games.

Reactions: V13

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Corey Perry is a f***ing beauty. The way he celly'd after that goal had me in my feelings big time. Love for the game still there for gramps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad