Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry on waivers for purpose of contract termination (mod warning: no direct speculation at this time)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Can we close this thread now?

Hawks have a game against Seattle tonight. Their play is inconsistent to put it mildly; their PP is brutal, they no longer have one of the few guys who showed the cream puffs how to score greasy goals. That's some of the things that we should be discussing.
You don't determine what other people can discuss, sorry to punt you off your high horse.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Can we close this thread now?

Hawks have a game against Seattle tonight. Their play is inconsistent to put it mildly; their PP is brutal, they no longer have one of the few guys who showed the cream puffs how to score greasy goals. That's some of the things that we should be discussing.
B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

acetaminofan

Nov 28, 2023
Hopefully we get some actual information, and I have to imagine that it can't be some mere ticky-tacky or personally embarrassing stuff otherwise the PA would assuredly fight a contract termination.

Let's lay off on speculation until then.
It could still be something ticky tacky. There is no mechanism for the PA to sign off on a termination before it happens. All they can do is grieve it after the fact.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Sucks for Bedard because this nonsense is gonna be a thing for awhile unfortunately
which is exactly why the team has to get out ahead of it and deny deny deny it. Even if it's true. make something else up. I;m sure Perry would be happy to play ball.

Their #1 priority in this should be to protect Bedard on and off the ice. That's why they MUST deny this TODAY.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I don't recall Perry having previous "watch out's" and, by most accounts, was a great teammate. If anything, the Beach thing has made the team put every action under the microscope and probably lead to a zero tolerance attitude---deservedly so. People love to place blame on this board---typically on the ownership, GM and coach.....perhaps the issue lies entirely with Perry. I've never had a car accident....doesn't mean I'm not going to have one in the future.

Reactions: joestevens29

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
What, you want him to come out and hit them with the Bill Clinton “Corey Perry did not sleep with that woman?” Like come on, be at least somewhat serious.
what is not serious about this? If that rumor is allowed to grow it can hurt Bedard on and off the ice. The Hawks need to stop that from happening.

It's really simple: "There have been some nasty rumors floating around social media regarding Corey and a family member of a Hawks employee. I'm here to say that those rumors are categorically false."

How hard is that?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Corey Perry is a longtime NHL vet who has played for the Ducks, Habs, and Bolts before Davidson offered him a contract. There were ZERO signs of any issues with him at the time of signing.
Unless you know Perry or were his team mate, you really have no clue.

I mean, its not like the Blackhawks covered something up for over a decade or anything....

And when issues arose, management kept him out of team activities and a few days after investigating, have terminated his contract.

I don't see any wrong doing by management. None.
Um... signing him in the first place?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad