Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I will give this a try . The Oilers need to send cap back so keep that in mind . I will try and keep the cap going back to a minimum .

To Nashville Lucic 1/3 retained after July first , 1st rd pick in 2020 , 2nd rd pick in 2021 , Bear and Puljujarvi +. Nashville is a team that is good at putting players in a position to succeed so I think Puljujarvi would do well there. Lucic is the tough pill to swallow for Nashville but after July 1st he will be owed 16 million so real money being paid by Nashville would be 10.66 million over 4 years or 2.6 million a year . Lucic can be usefully in the bottom 6 . The Oilers will still need to move on from 1 of Russell or Sekera . I get if Nashville don't like it but 9 million cap hit is not an easy thing to move .

Yikes.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I would love him on the Oilers, but the trade pieces don't exactly line up. We'd want to make it RNH++. Nashville would want Draisaitl. We aren't trading Drai.

Although if we did, we definitely are NOT adding

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I would love him on the Oilers, but the trade pieces don't exactly line up. We'd want to make it RNH++. Nashville would want Draisaitl. We aren't trading Drai.

Subban for Draisaitl is so 2016. It’s not even close today. I think Nashville fans are smarter than that.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Depends if they could find somewhere to dump Turris, I suppose.
Wouldn’t need to dump turris. He will likely bounce back and rnh and turris can compete for 2C. The other would make an excellent 3C and bonino would be a great 4C or we could dump him somewhere since jarnkrok/sissons and capable of 4C.

Not sure what would need to be added but rnh for subban as a basis would be fine with me. Additions where necessary.

RNH + EDM 2019 1st (top 5 protected) for subban + NSH 2019 1st?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I'm sure the rest of that dressing room wouldn't though.

I would explain to them that my goal is to win it all, and the chances of doing it are way better with Subban.

It's not a knock against Gallagher, mind you, which I f***ing love. But Subban is a much better player.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

Draisaitl returns a younger; cheaper Subban

Reactions: klabob

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Wouldn’t need to dump turris. He will likely bounce back and rnh and turris can compete for 2C. The other would make an excellent 3C and bonino would be a great 4C or we could dump him somewhere since jarnkrok/sissons and capable of 4C.

Not sure what would need to be added but rnh for subban as a basis would be fine with me. Additions where necessary.

RNH + EDM 2019 1st (top 5 protected) for subban + NSH 2019 1st?
are you a Preds fan? I'm just wondering if RNH for Subban is at all possible or if it is a homer opinion. No insult to you intended. I haven't followed the impartial opinions on these players lately.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
are you a Preds fan? I'm just wondering if RNH for Subban is at all possible or if it is a homer opinion. No insult to you intended. I haven't followed the impartial opinions on these players lately.
I’m a predators fan. Turris has floundered this year as 2C. So we still have a big hole behind Johanson. If subban + our 1st got use a 1st round pick 6-10th overall and a serviceable 2c id be game. Rnh is still fairly young at 26 and subban is on the almost 30 so the age difference isn’t too bad there. I’d love to get draisaitl but that ship has sailed. A 29 year old dman (even as good as subban is) isn’t going to pull back draisaitl especially after the season he just had. Maybe if Nashville were to add tolvanen plus maybe more or take on Lucics contract

Megaforce

Montrealers still love Subban and many are still super angry he got traded. We'd love him back.

BTW, I don't know if he actually donated to the hospital. He "pledged" $10 million, which seems to mean that he'll help them raise that money. Not to put him down but I'm not sure it's literally his money going that way. Still love the guy tho.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Montrealers still love Subban and many are still super angry he got traded. We'd love him back.

BTW, I don't know if he actually donated to the hospital. He "pledged" $10 million, which seems to mean that he'll help them raise that money. Not to put him down but I'm not sure it's literally his money going that way. Still love the guy tho.
Speak for yourself... I want no part in Subban unless he comes at a discount in trade value and cap, which means never.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Depends if they could find somewhere to dump Turris, I suppose.

Thinking why dump turris? Then looked at stats. Kind of surprised. Based on his games played has he been playing injured?

He was our best 2 way center in Ottawa wasn't happy when we traded him tbh.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Thinking why dump turris? Then looked at stats. Kind of surprised. Based on his games played has he been playing injured?

He was our best 2 way center in Ottawa wasn't happy when we traded him tbh.
It sounded like he broke his foot twice and it's doubtful he's still fully recovered. Our entire offense has been anemic, Turris standing out even among that has just made him an easy target. We desperately need a new voice in the room and a new system.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Draisaitl returns a younger; cheaper Subban
and subban is only signed for 3 more years. oilers control drai for 6. that's huge. if they had the same term, the value wouldn't be off as subban would be playing a much bigger role in edmonton than he does currently in nash.

but yah no way is drai available in a deal for pk. nuge+2018 1st maybe?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I would explain to them that my goal is to win it all, and the chances of doing it are way better with Subban.

It's not a knock against Gallagher, mind you, which I ****ing love. But Subban is a much better player.

Take a few minutes tomorrow and watch the NASH-DAL game. Subban has taken a fall this year. He’s so slow that whenever he make a mistake now is so much more noticeable since he’s don’t have that speed or swag to get back to a decent d position in time.

I hope he really is injured and that is the reason because if he’s healthy, he’s going downhill hard and fast.

Reactions: klabob

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Take a few minutes tomorrow and watch the NASH-DAL game. Subban has taken a fall this year. He’s so slow that whenever he make a mistake now is so much more noticeable since he’s don’t have that speed or swag to get back to a decent d position in time.

I hope he really is injured and that is the reason because if he’s healthy, he’s going downhill hard and fast.

It's funny, two weeks ago I would have agreed wholeheartedly with you, but lately Subban has slowly been working his way back out of the doghouse and has been one of only a handful on this team that looks good.

I hope he was recovering too because there is no excuse for his lackluster play this season if he was healthy.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
It's funny, two weeks ago I would have agreed wholeheartedly with you, but lately Subban has slowly been working his way back out of the doghouse and has been one of only a handful on this team that looks good.

I hope he was recovering too because there is no excuse for his lackluster play this season if he was healthy.

I looked good a few times over the past couple of weeks but overall I felt like his game was weak, minus a few exceptions.

I’m never going to blame a player for a mediocre season as there is so many intangible, including injuries, bad luck or sometimes it’s simply mental and the athlete can’t get over it until he relax and clear his head during the off-season.

In Subban case, it seems like injury related. I even heard it was the same back problems as two years ago. I don’t like the player, but I hope he can bounce back next week. There’s certainly a buyer’s beware attached to Subban and his 9ish million cap hit.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
I think 23 year old Nylander for 30 year old Subban would hurt the Leafs' long-term cup chances.
I think anything for Subban would hurt the Leafs long term cup chances. They already have better offensive defensemen on the roster with way better cap hits, and they don't seem to think they are responsible for the sun rising every morning the way PK does. Let him take his issues elsewhere, the Leafs are trying to win, not brand themselves to have careers after hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad