Rumor: Corey Hirsch -" I'm 100% sure Nashville wants to move Subban this summer"

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Also....... what a little sh** whimp ass player that makes cheap shots at the other teams best players and will not act like a man and stand up for himself.... He is like a French Riberro that turtles and goes back to the players bench and trysts to high five his team mates trying to congratulate himself on getting the other team a penalty and a powerplay.... and the players on his own bench just be ashamed of his antics.....

In case you are wondering I have zero respect for this player and I am so glad he is not associated on my team.

Babcock healthy scratched him as a 7-8 dman after he was forced to take him on Canada Olympic team after Subhan won the Norris trophy.

Bad attitude/Bad character ..... good Sportsnet T.V personality.... the type of person that people love to hate.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Also....... what a little sh** whimp ass player that makes cheap shots at the other teams best players and will not act like a man and stand up for himself.... He is like a French Riberro that turtles and goes back to the players bench and trysts to high five his team mates trying to congratulate himself on getting the other team a penalty and a powerplay.... and the players on his own bench just be ashamed of his antics.....

In case you are wondering I have zero respect for this player and I am so glad he is not associated on my team.

Babcock healthy scratched him as a 7-8 dman after he was forced to take him on Canada Olympic team after Subhan won the Norris trophy.

Bad attitude/Bad character ..... good Sportsnet T.V personality.... the type of person that people love to hate.
Lol. You just sound crazy.

Subban is a gentleman and a great ambassador for the game. One of a kind. If we trade him I will miss him big time, and Weber was by far my favourite pred when we traded for pk.

No other player in the league had donated more than a years salary ($10 million) to sick kids hospital and constantly makes appearances there in efforts of cheering up the kids.

Your part of the problem if you do not like him, sure the guy has attitude but who doesn’t these days?

I never understood why other teams boo him, the guy does so much to put the game on the map. It’s super disrespectful. He deserves a standing ovation not a booing.

MissionCanucksFan

Mar 2, 2014
Seriously.

What kind of ******* gives money to an hospital?

Clearly only wants attention.

:sarcasm:
Charity shouldnt include red carpet and a tailored pinstripe suit to buy your brand.

That said, im not sure its the character issues as the real reasons as to why Nashville wants to move on from PK.

Serious neck injury and and this years back injuries will seriously change EVERYTHING about how a player performs.

Now with serious time to rest, things can improve but that man is now 29 and alot of hard miles on that body. Worth $9/yr for the next 3 seasons? Perhaps, but he is now 2nd pairing D and thats alot of cap space for that position. Especially with Fabbro knockin on his heels.

He doesnt have a NTC, so he literally goes to the highest bidder between all 30 other teams

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton

Subban is a gentleman and a great ambassador for the game. One of a kind. If we trade him I will miss him big time, and Weber was by far my favourite pred when we traded for pk.

No other player in the league had donated more than a years salary ($10 million) to sick kids hospital and constantly makes appearances there in efforts of cheering up the kids.

Your part of the problem if you do not like him, sure the guy has attitude but who doesn’t these days?

I never understood why other teams boo him, the guy does so much to put the game on the map. It’s super disrespectful. He deserves a standing ovation not a booing.

Wasn't it revealed not too long ago that Subban's actual donation was $125,000? And that "his organization" would be providing a total donation of $10M over the next 10 or so years through fundraisers and events.

$125,000 remains a solid donation, but I wouldn't give him "carte blanche" on being a known bad teammate and locker room cancer.

Reactions: dk2k

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Charity shouldnt include red carpet and a tailored pinstripe suit to buy your brand.

Charity is done in many different ways, besides he's commited to raise the money. If he doesn't raise enough he has ton pay it from his own pocket. He can do whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned. A good act is a good act... Whether you're dressed in a Gucci suit and Versace loafers or dressed in Walmart clothes who the hell cares.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Wasn't it revealed not too long ago that Subban's actual donation was $125,000? And that "his organization" would be providing a total donation of $10M over the next 10 or so years through fundraisers and events.

$125,000 remains a solid donation, but I wouldn't give him "carte blanche" on being a known bad teammate and locker room cancer.
How is he a known locker room cancer?

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017

You mean no player in the league.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

Everything I just read about his personal donation states over 1m

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

So first off who cares whose money it is? The donation is being made. Besides, if a donation amount isn't reached, they still promised it. So that's offering to cover.
His foundation. He did the work. Organizing this stuff is more work than actually just donating. It also allows for growth.

His contract is the only reason this Oiler fan isn't willing to give up the asking price.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Would love Subban on the Devils. We have the cap room but no real inticing trade pieces , a butt load of draft picks (besides 1 overall) handful of picks plus Severson ?

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Multiple Preds fans and I had positive discussion about a Larsson + Yamamoto for Subban swap. Makes sense for both sides imo...
I don't know what kind of lunatics those "multiple Preds fans" were, but that's down right disgusting value wise.

Larsson isn't half the defenseman Subban is and Yamamoto is a complete non-factor.

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
So first off who cares whose money it is? The donation is being made. Besides, if a donation amount isn't reached, they still promised it. So that's offering to cover.
His foundation. He did the work. Organizing this stuff is more work than actually just donating. It also allows for growth.

His contract is the only reason this Oiler fan isn't willing to give up the asking price.

Edit: Nevermind, no one’s mind is getting changed here.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
He is like a French Riberro that turtles and goes back to the players bench and trysts to high five his team mates trying to congratulate himself on getting the other team a penalty and a powerplay.... and the players on his own bench just be ashamed of his antics.....

What does this even mean? He’s a French version of Ribeiro?

Subban is from Rexdale whereas Ribeiro is actually French Canadian :laugh:

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Hard to find NHL players out there currently playing that have fought more teammates at practice than Subban and involved in so many "off-ice stories".
There is not one thing that suggests he's been anything close to a locker room cancer since he's been in Nashville. You're literally making this up for whatever agenda you have.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Those who believe that Subban is a "locker room cancer" need to check social media. Lots and lots of evidence of Subban and other Preds players socializing and having fun together off the ice and his teammates supporting his charities.

Now I'm not saying that Subban won't get traded this summer or next (I actually think he will) but it's for financial and exemption reasons and no other.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Those who believe that Subban is a "locker room cancer" need to check social media. Lots and lots of evidence of Subban and other Preds players socializing and having fun together off the ice and his teammates supporting his charities.

Now I'm not saying that Subban won't get traded this summer or next (I actually think he will) but it's for financial and exemption reasons and no other.
Exactly. It would be a hockey trade. His personality gels perfectly with his teammates and this city.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
The more I think about this and see subban play in these postseason, I think a nagging injury was the reason for his lackluster season. Also I dont think it would be wise to trade him. I get the 9 million cap hit is big but I think hes way more important to our team than say ryan ellis. I put in another thread Ellis to Toronto for Nylander. If Toronto would do that I would be more willing to do that than trade subban at this point

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The more I think about this and see subban play in these postseason, I think a nagging injury was the reason for his lackluster season. Also I dont think it would be wise to trade him. I get the 9 million cap hit is big but I think hes way more important to our team than say ryan ellis. I put in another thread Ellis to Toronto for Nylander. If Toronto would do that I would be more willing to do that than trade subban at this point
I said on the habs board I'm willing to point out his sub-par play in the regular season but the guy is an absolute playoff beast. He and Seth Jones are the most impactful defensemen I've seen so far this playoffs.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

Which seems so stupid to me. It's clear he wasn't 100% this year. I'd rather finish the lower seed and rest him than win the division and risk a chance at re-aggravating whatever it is that's bothering him.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Which seems so stupid to me. It's clear he wasn't 100% this year. I'd rather finish the lower seed and rest him than win the division and risk a chance at re-aggravating whatever it is that's bothering him.
It will be interesting to see if we ever get any details about that in the post-season. His season was just so "off" something had to be going on, but like you say, it's a little weird that he kept playing through it if so, and yet suddenly now seems back to his regular Norris-level self again.

I don't see how they trade him now. When he was struggling/hurt/whatever during the season it's understandable I guess that we all started wondering. But then we get reminded of what he means to the team when he's back to himself, that he IS still capable of playing at his old level, and trading him seems like a silly idea in hindsight.

Corey Hirsch picked a bad time to try to jump on the bandwagon, I guess.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
It will be interesting to see if we ever get any details about that in the post-season. His season was just so "off" something had to be going on, but like you say, it's a little weird that he kept playing through it if so, and yet suddenly now seems back to his regular Norris-level self again.

I don't see how they trade him now. When he was struggling/hurt/whatever during the season it's understandable I guess that we all started wondering. But then we get reminded of what he means to the team when he's back to himself, that he IS still capable of playing at his old level, and trading him seems like a silly idea in hindsight.

Corey Hirsch picked a bad time to try to jump on the bandwagon, I guess.

Yeah, I doubt he's moved in this coming off-season. However, I think you have to think about it if he plays like that in the regular season again.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
He may not be well liked in the room among teammates but he's a fine man in my books. Raised well by his parents. He's using his God-given talent playing a sport as a platform to help the less fortunate. We should all strive to be as generous as Pernell-Karl Sylvester.

#PKApproved

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad