Cord cutter in NYC how to watch games

tbassler

Jul 22, 2009
A buy Nord VPN so I can watch the Avalanche. It's only $3.75 a month.

There are still other sites like volokit and bilasport. Not as good, but they work.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Thanks I some how missed this earlier.
How is it? As advertised?
Also, am I missing something?
at their site - yr link - they said

"The official monthly price for Fubo Premier is dropping to $39.99 from the previously announced price of $49.99 per month, and is to be offered to all new subs following the aforementioned two-month promo price.
The price for Fubo Premier in New York state and the NY metro area is $44.99 per month, and includes the MSG and MSG+ regional nets."

I take that to mean it's $44.99.

I see you can't get this w/Playstation Vu, which is a shame, cause while not flawless it is good value for $49.99
[I pay $14.99 to Spectrum for the feed and I have my own cable modem for the wifi.]

Is this directly available on FireStick [which Amazon does not charge me for monthly]?
Couldn't find a clear answer.

If not, what alternative preferably cheap, can I use to connect to the Fubo service?

I would not dismiss Directv Now if unavoidable if that was necessary, but I hate AT&T with a passion.

Dolan would be smarter to just sell his app to us directly.
Does it include MSG2 and MSG Plus2? I know those are just overcarries, but the Rangers are on one of those enough that fans would need it.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Does it include MSG2 and MSG Plus2? I know those are just overcarries, but the Rangers are on one of those enough that fans would need it.

1. You've quoted an old post.
Even for legacy clients in early, their prices are up.
I currently pay $64.99 for standard or basic or whatever it's called no premium channels.

No longer any Turner, and I miss TCM, as well as TBS/TNT.

But we do get multiple FX for that price.
Also now get ABC along w/all basic stations.

2. Do not get YES (used to) at the moment.
However, think I get all the other stuff, incl MSG stuff.
They have a LOT of soccer if that is your thing.

Have NHL and NBCSN, tho subject to blackout, of course.

MSG -- yes on MSG2
I don't remember "MSG+2"
think they do have "MSG+".

I just watch Rangers and occ. Knicks.
They do carry Isles and Devils also.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Is Fubo worth it? I also need CBS/FOX for football. Looks like it's $69.99 then an $8.99 local sports fee.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Is Fubo worth it? I also need CBS/FOX for football. Looks like it's $69.99 then an $8.99 local sports fee.

Works great for me as a Mets Jets Knicks Rangers fan. Only blind spot is Mets WPIX games.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
this was like a yr/yr + ago.
Now up to 79.99

still only deal if you want [as best as I can tell] all MSG
No longer get NS whatever channel that was showing NHL games, that is now ESPN/ESPN2
but ok,
and I get NHL channel.
So only Rangers I don't are ones on TNT.

I am not aware of a local sports fee -- maybe there but I don't use it.
Knicks + Rangers via MSG, also Isles, Devils, Nets, I believe.
Giants + Jets via CBS, NBC, Fox, and also NFL network.
Mets, sportschannel
Yankees are missing Yes is not included, only see if on Fox,

I access Fubo thru Amazon Firestick TV and Amazon Prime includes option(s) for Yankee package thru AP.

Any issues with the DVR? Sometimes I work until 8 and have to tape a lot of Rangers games.
Prices have gone up but with it DVT recording hours.
They only take off a penny if I were to decline increase in DVR hours available and the base rate still goes up so if you are really trying to squeeze it, there is only so much you can do.
That said, for 79.99 I get 1,000 hrs of DVR programming

Reactions: Chytilmania

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Now up to 79.99

I had Fubo TV last year (I'm out of market in FL) and it sucked having no TNT/TBS for the national games. I would've switched to YouTubeTV but they don't have Tennis Channel so I eventually went with DirectTV Stream at the end of the season but, again, they don't have NHL Network until you hit the $100+ plateau and, at that point, you might as well just go back to cable bundling packages. So many shit channels that I don't want/need. I'm wondering if we'll ever get to "a la carte" where you only pay for the channels that you want but I seriously doubt it.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Idk if this works but it should. I’ll be trying it this year.
NHL live (Canada version of NHL tv) is moving all games to Sportsnet.

Sportsnet works with a vpn. I use it here all the time for other stuff.

So Sportsnet premium + a vpn would be approximately $45cnd or 35usd per month for all NHL games

Reactions: bernmeister

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Idk if this works but it should. I’ll be trying it this year.
NHL live (Canada version of NHL tv) is moving all games to Sportsnet.

Sportsnet works with a vpn. I use it here all the time for other stuff.

So Sportsnet premium + a vpn would be approximately $45cnd or 35usd per month for all NHL games
The Disney/Hulu/ESPN bundle gives you pretty much every hockey game outside of ones on say ABC/TNT for $14 per month

Reactions: Taluss

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Easy to do on a PC. How to get then to a big TV?
There are m3u players you can get on smart TVs.

I also talk a lot about my home media setup in this thread below. There’s a lot of technical stuff there, but it should at least give some good words to Google that may be useful.

Last edited:

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Hey all,

Just moved to NYC and trying to not pay for cable but still watch the games on my TV somehow. I know MSGGO will let me watch it on my phone or computer (using my friends cable login info) but it looks like it's not available on smart tvs/roku/firetv/chromecast.

Anybody have any ideas on what I could do?

Thanks!
Buy a ticket to the game.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Any news on Comcast and Msg working on any deal. It seems like neither are interested at this point?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad