Confirmed with Link: Copp + 6th to NYR for 1st + 2nd + barron +5th

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Now I can start reading up on prospects in the 25-40 range :DD

Keep it and pick at the spot, get more horses in the prospect stable

I'm in this boat as well. We really don't know how deep the 2023 draft will be in the 2nd round yet. Or where the Rags will finish next year. We know that the Blues pick is 55. So I think we should keep it and just keep building up that prospect stable.

this was us with Dallas when we traded them Zucc so it's only fair

we absolutely adore Copp by the way, despite the fact he's on one leg rn

Kids a warrior. Sad to see him go but he was never going to stay, such is the life of the smallest market in the league. Him and Trouba are good buddies so at least they get to go on a run together like they did with the Jets a few years ago. Wish them all the luck after they lose to Tampa.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Really pumped about this result.

Thank you very much Andrew Copp, I hated losing you but this really takes the sting out of it and on top of that you were a hell of a pick up for the Rags and are absoluely worth a late 1st to them.

Winz all around due to Copp, the gift that keeps giving.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
A first round pick the NYR paid, and a 2nd I believe is a very steep price to pay, to sign, and way overpay for Copp. Copp is a good solid player, but the Rangers will pay a big price for him, and Overhart will see to that. Good job Chevy on this deal. I would think the Rangers will sign Copp for in around $ 5.5 mil per year, and that's way more than the Jets would have given him.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Has there been any info on whether the Jets intend to use the Rangers 2nd this year or next year? Next year's draft I have heard is a better class. Also might be a higher pick next year depending on how far the Rangers go. In a way the picks obtained from Copp trade essentially nullify the Dillon trade, if you're looking at 30 and 62, this year, potentially, vs. 46, and whatever next year's Jets pick is that Washington obtained. Barron being the key addition. I wonder if there is a timeline to get prospects in sooner, given the UFA window of several of our players, and the uncertainty over last year's draft class.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Has there been any info on whether the Jets intend to use the Rangers 2nd this year or next year? Next year's draft I have heard is a better class. Also might be a higher pick next year depending on how far the Rangers go. In a way the picks obtained from Copp trade essentially nullify the Dillon trade, if you're looking at 30 and 62, this year, potentially, vs. 46, and whatever next year's Jets pick is that Washington obtained. Barron being the key addition. I wonder if there is a timeline to get prospects in sooner, given the UFA window of several of our players, and the uncertainty over last year's draft class.

Its the Blues second. So #55? this year. Or Rags second next year

Reactions: voyageur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad