Converting Lucic to Defenseman

Can Lucic be converted to a defenseman

• Total voters

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
It is obvious that trading Lucic is very difficult if not impossible. A buyout will handcuff the team for 8 years. Obviously, he will never score the goal. However, he is quite defensive minded and capable to wear down his opponents based on his physical strength. Now, when the team is running out of defensemen he should be placed on the third pairing and see what he can do. I believe he could be converted to a 3rd pairing shutdown defenseman

Reactions: Summary

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
He is slow as molasses.

Although we've iced many worse skaters on d in the past decade.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Lucic needs to see the press box to send him a dose of reality. Maybe that would light a fire. Nobody in the organization has the guts.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
It is obvious that trading Lucic is very difficult if not impossible. A buyout will handcuff the team for 8 years. Obviously, he will never score the goal. However, he is quite defensive minded and capable to wear down his opponents based on his physical strength. Now, when the team is running out of defensemen he should be placed on the third pairing and see what he can do. I believe he could be converted to a 3rd pairing shutdown defenseman

Not sure if this is serious or sarcasm but I’ve been saying this for a while. Everyone quotes the speed but he’s faster than Dustin Bufflin.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
An idea to send him to the press box is good too but only in the sense that he will start taking classes from a skills coach and improves his back skating ability. The reality is that trying out him as a defenseman is a win-win situation for now. He is almost no-contributor on the offense. What can be lost in this tryout. He is non-tradable even in a case the Oil retains 50% of his salary

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
How many beers were consumed before this idea? Lol jk. I don’t see it working myself but I’m no expert. I think he’d maybe make a decent personal trainer or more of weight room attendant kinda guy. Get him off the ice though.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Lucic needs to see the press box to send him a dose of reality. Maybe that would light a fire. Nobody in the organization has the guts.

If Lucic cannot find any offence, I think Hitchcock will send him there eventually. The "Identity Line" could not create offence. Lucic is now on the 4th line. That line doesn't look like it will generate shit, and will only be getting 6 -8 minutes of ice time. Next stop, press box and Hitchcock won't care one iota what his boss thinks about it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
An idea to send him to the press box is good too but only in the sense that he will start taking classes from a skills coach and improves his back skating ability. The reality is that trying out him as a defenseman is a win-win situation for now. He is almost no-contributor on the offense. What can be lost in this tryout. He is non-tradable even in a case the Oil retains 50% of his salary

He cant skate backwards or pivot like a D. Case closed.

Reactions: TB12

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You think D is easier to play than wing? A mistake by winger isn't close to being as costly as mistakes by D.
One bad play by a Dman could be the difference between a win and a loss. Wingers can get by even after making errors in double digits.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You think D is easier to play than wing? A mistake by winger isn't close to being as costly as mistakes by D.
One bad play by a Dman could be the difference between a win and a loss. Wingers can get by even after making errors in double digits.

D is the toughest skating position in hockey. By far.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I wish we had a CEO like in Dallas. Bobby Nicks probably too worried about his burger sales to call out Lucic for being beyond worthless.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Not sure if this is serious or sarcasm but I’ve been saying this for a while. Everyone quotes the speed but he’s faster than Dustin Bufflin.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: TB12 and oil4life97

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad