Converting Lucic to Defenseman

Can Lucic be converted to a defenseman

• Total voters

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
How many beers were consumed before this idea? Lol jk. I don’t see it working myself but I’m no expert. I think he’d maybe make a decent personal trainer or more of weight room attendant kinda guy. Get him off the ice though.
I never drink between thanksgiving and the new year

Reactions: Summary

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Ok so according to the logic of some here Bufflin should not be in the league due to being a slower skater than Looch? Ok boys. We've got 2 actual defense right now, what is the harm in trying Looch back there?

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
You think D is easier to play than wing? A mistake by winger isn't close to being as costly as mistakes by D.
One bad play by a Dman could be the difference between a win and a loss. Wingers can get by even after making errors in double digits.
Of course I agree with you but try understand than we need to try to find every option to avoid the buy out. His signing bonuses are against the cap as well

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I can just imagine the results...

giphy.gif

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Of course I agree with you but try understand than we need to try to find every option to avoid the buy out. His signing bonuses are against the cap as well
Just because he can't score you can make him a Dman. This may work for Atom or Midget level players not a 30+ player in NHL.
4th line LW role is fine for him. The guy is still a too hitter in the league.
His contract sucks but he is better than Brodziak and Kassian on his line.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Guy can’t even skate fast enough going forward and you want to try him skating backwards?

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
God no.

I would however have time to try Nurse as a winger, after we get Klefbom and Sek back. His rushes from the Dzone rarely produce anything, but he could keep up with and flank Connor. Plus his complete lack of brains would be hidden somewhat on the wings. The NHL is so far gone from the days where you can have a facepuncher in your Top 6 on the Blueline, especially when they aren't exceptional on either side of the puck.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
wtf? seriously?
This has to be some kind of troll job, no way in hell you're serious

That's just as credible as suggesting to convert Kassian into a goaltender

Reactions: TB12

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
On the positive side, in this scenario at least Lucic wouldn't have to defend against McDavid.

Maybe Lucic as goaltender? He's bound to be better than Talbot was tonight.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ok so according to the logic of some here Bufflin should not be in the league due to being a slower skater than Looch? Ok boys. We've got 2 actual defense right now, what is the harm in trying Looch back there?
I think they should try him in net. I mean, he’s great defensively, big enough to cover most of it, and would be very aggressive on the pokecheck.
Oh, and Oilers win by 7 on New Years against Winnipeg.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
What a waste of a thread. Are you kidding? The guy has not hand eye coordination at all.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
lol, this can't be a serious thread. there's no way looch has even close to the edge work and skating transitioning abilities to be anything but a turnstile on D. even a great skater like connor would have some difficulties playing d because he aint used to the edge work, gapping, spacing etc etc. it is harder to be a good solid dman in the nhl than a regular forward.

not to mention looch would have terrible abilities and composure with the puck back there. he'd be so much more exposed back on d... this has to be a joke thread and we got punked.

Reactions: TB12

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Take Igor Ulanov and Cory Cross and combine them.
Then remove any of their redeeming traits. That's what we would have.

What's Toby Peterson up to? He's a better option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad