GDT: [CONVERTED]Leafs vs Islanders | Thur, Feb 12 | SPOILER ALERT: Lupul Hurt Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Toronto-born and bred Islander diehard here in peace. As far back as about 1978, these two have been my favourite two teams...meaning I've been subjected to a whole lot of crummy hockey. As one who understands how rotten it feels...you have my sympathies.

At least one of my squads seems to have turned a corner. Hopefully y'all get a similar uptick in fortunes in a couple years. It's time to go full tank. Tenth and 12th-place finishes don't get you anywhere. That was shameful hockey. I swear the Islanders are playing too loosely for their own good, like pigs at the trough, expecting eight easy goals. It's almost uncomfortable to watch.

Well...you did have that 4 year period

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Pleased to hear Leafs board give management the thumbs up in trading Kessel and Phaneuf.
Would be pretty stupid to play the season to the end with these players. When we can already get some fine warriors in return and start training with us. Our new warriors would be then ready for the next season.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Kind of hate the idea they even have to give their thumbs up. What's the point of Shanahan or Lieweke?

Arizona's owner had to give the thumbs up for Arizona to go scorched earth too. i assume it's due to the financial impact it can do to an organization

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Arizona's owner had to give the thumbs up for Arizona to go scorched earth too. i assume it's due to the financial impact it can do to an organization

but it's Toronto and Arizona -- a rebuild will have no financial impact.

Toronto could have the best team in the league or the worst team in the league, and it would still sell out.

Arizona could have the best team in the league or the worst team in the league, and the arena would be empty.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden

Toronto could have the best team in the league or the worst team in the league, and it would still sell out.

Arizona could have the best team in the league or the worst team in the league, and the arena would be empty.

Tickets are not the only income they get you know.

ironhorse384

Dec 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Arizona has a team?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
it was a bit of a joke / exaggeration. no one gives a **** about hockey in Arizona regardless of what that team does. Toronto is the most valuable NHL team despite being the worst organization in the league by far.

Oh ok, I'm sorry.

I think Arizona could really get a lot of interest if they get Austin Matthews next year, local boy and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad